Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:52 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times

Advertisements

1. Did(do) you think of your wife/husband and family when you are with somebody else? What are you thinking about?

2. Were you actively looking or did it "just happen"?

3. Are you prepared to lose your wife/husband and family over cheating with somebody else?

4. Are you secretly hoping you will be caught?

5. Do you really think you can lie your way out of it?

6. Is it about more or different sex?

7. Do you use protection? How would you feel if you brought STD to your wife/husband?

8. If you are unhappy in your marriage did you consider ending the marriage before you decided to find somebody new?

9. Are you fantasizing about a new life with your cheating partner(s)?

10. Is it true "once a cheater always a cheater'?

11. If you wife/husband found out about your cheating and still decided to stay in the marriage do you respect her or think s/he is lacking in self respect?

Last edited by no kudzu; 06-09-2012 at 09:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 08:54 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
To be fair, both sexes cheat, and if the thread was entitled "cheating partners" instead, you might actually receive more answers.

As it is, you'll start a 4 page battle of the sexes which the mods will close "for investigation", and never re-open

Old 06-09-2012, 08:56 AM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
To be fair, both sexes cheat, and if the thread was entitled "cheating partners" instead, you might actually receive more answers.

As it is, you'll start a 4 page battle of the sexes which the mods will close "for investigation", and never re-open
You nailed it!

Old 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM

578 posts, read 1,092,966 times
The state of marriage has changed more in the past 50 years than I believe in human history. With people living a healthy comfortable life well Into their 80's it seems hard to ask a person to make a commitment for 40-50 years. SO when someone feels trapped and rather than betray someone who in their mind really just a friend;well they cheat. And sex is fun; and if the marriage or the partner is stale well they cheat. Don't try to hang on to someone who's checked out. You'll only be hurting yourself

Old 06-09-2012, 09:15 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
1. Did(do) you think of your wife and family when you are with somebody else? What are you thinking about?

3. Are you prepared to lose your wife and family over cheating with somebody else?

7. Do you use protection? How would you feel if you brought STD to your wife?

8. If you are unhappy in your marriage did you consider ending the marriage before you decided to find somebody new?

11. If you wife found out about your cheating and still decided to stay in the marriage do you respect her or think she is lacking in self respect?
Do you only want cheating husbands to answer, or can others chime in too?

Just sayin', they might not want to identify themselves here!

Old 06-09-2012, 09:23 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
A lot of the times they cheat because there just not physically attracted to that person anymore. I mean they can still love them but the spark isn't their. There's tons of sexless marriages

Old 06-09-2012, 09:55 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
1. Did(do) you think of your wife/husband and family when you are with somebody else? What are you thinking about?

3. Are you prepared to lose your wife/husband and family over cheating with somebody else?

7. Do you use protection? How would you feel if you brought STD to your wife/husband?

11. If you wife/husband found out about your cheating and still decided to stay in the marriage do you respect her or think s/he is lacking in self respect?
I think youve addressed some very good fallacies regarding extra marital affairs and the shallowness, common pitfalls, 'grass is greener' mentality, disease spreading reality and considerations that plague such puerile behavior for a temporary sexually illicit thrill based on personal entitle-itis instead of approaching marital problems and challenges in a responsible / mature / dignified manner.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:17 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Quote:
It seems hard to ask a person to make a commitment for 40-50 years.
While I am not disputing this, I really wonder why this seems to be the case? I think women entering the workplace in large numbers in the 1960's contributed to this. Equal opportunity to stray once women started working outside the home.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:29 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
This is one of those topics in which few people will speak up over fear of sullying their precious internet handle... since I don't care about that I will answer your questions as best I can from the perspective of a cheating wife. Lest I seem cavalier when I answer these questions, make no mistake about it, my actions made me a straight-up a55hole:

No. I was thinking about my own sexual gratification, and enjoying the general excitement that comes along with doing something wrong. Life was finally exciting again.

I was not actively looking, but I can't agree with it being a "just happen[ed]" situation. There was a perfect storm in which all of the right conditions came together to make it easy for me to take the leap into adultery:
  1. I had no sex life at home which made me feel frustrated
  2. I had no respect for my husband as a "man" since he was unemployed and played video games for 10 hours a day
  3. I was in my 30s and started to feel less sexually desirable as I could clearly see the aging process when I looked in the mirror
  4. I was out of town attending a social event that my husband refused to attend
  5. I consumed just enough alcohol to decide that I "deserved" happiness on my own terms
  6. The guy was sexually aggressive in a way I had not seen in my husband for several years.
  7. Communication between my husband and me was non-existent. Looking back on things, this is probably the number 1 way to affair-proof a marriage: communicate openly, honestly, and frequently. Had we openly discussed bullet points #1-3, (and presumable he had his own bullet points of unhappiness) bullet point #4 would not have led to #5 and 6.

I never thought about it in this way. It is no different than committing a crime - one does not think, "I am going to shoplift, but I am prepared to go to jail for it." The shoplifter simply shoplifts and hopes for the best outcome. Consequences are not a part of the thought process.

This is one of the most ridiculous myths out there. No one is secretly hoping to get caught. What happens is, a person gets more and more comfortable with infidelity to the point that s/he grows careless about covering up their tracks.

It is worth a shot. Whether one admits the truth at the start or after a series of Hail Mary lies, the end result is exactly the same.

In part, yes. But that is a very small part.

I mostly used protection. Yes, mostly. I would have felt like crap had I brought an STD home, but the answer to this is the same as my answer to #3.

I did not cheat because I wanted to end my marriage. I cheated because I wanted to enhance it, to enhance my life. I think this is true for most people, you want to eat your cake and have it too. You want to keep everything intact, and have a little something on the side.

Oh hell no.

A good question. I can't speak for myself on this because I have not been in a committed relationship since my divorce six years ago. Perhaps this is why...

My answer is not PC but here it is - A marriage typically can withstand male infidelity and can't withstand female infidelity. Most men cannot bear the thought of being cuckolded (unless they get off on it but that's a different discussion) and will replay in his mind thoughts of another man shagging his wife in every orifice. The thought of being tricked into raising another man's child is downright repulsive to most animals including humans. Those men who stay generally are lacking in self respect, and will most likely be cheated on again. I suppose the reverse is true, but biologically speaking men are compelled to spread their seed far and wide. Women are aware of this biologically, and I think that is why we can handle male infidelity better than men.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:34 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote : 'It seems hard to ask a person to make a commitment for 40-50 years'

REPLY: Dont do it then unless you are totally willing to make the commitment of 40-? years. Most people shouldnt marry nor should they have gotton married ; the depth of commitment just isnt there today like it was back in circa 1940 -- so many differences today and things to pull apart a marriage even going into it with the best intentions , initial love, and compatibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships