Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 12:35 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,943,003 times

Advertisements

So I went out with someone I met online earlier and it was really fun. I don't really do online dating much since it requires a lot of time and effort especially when it comes to being a male, but the person I ended up meeting was a joy to be around. I expected to date the last around an hour tops, but we stayed out for a few hours and when it came to responsibilities and paying, I found it to be very egalitarian which I highly respect. We even went into our experiences with dating and what we are looking for kind of. What threw me off however was the end. We just hugged and while we said we would meet up again, I assumed it would at least end in a kiss. I even made an attempt to do so, but she just turned her head slightly away from mine which left me a little confused. She probably is planning on going out with other guys or has no intention of seeing me again. I don't know. I just needed to vent and see if anyone has shared my experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 12:38 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
eh, a lot of women do not kiss on a first date, not that big of a deal, I would have done the same thing. The hug was sufficient so don't overthink it just see her again whenever possible, have a great time and do not expect a kiss at the end of the date so soon.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:49 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
I generally don't kiss on the first date and especially so for online dates. I just met this person, even if we've hung out for a few hours. I have made exceptions of course, but that absolutely depends on how the date goes. Sometimes I really click with someone so it feels natural to kiss.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:55 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octa View Post
So I went out with someone I met online earlier and it was really fun. I don't really do online dating much since it requires a lot of time and effort especially when it comes to being a male, but the person I ended up meeting was a joy to be around. I expected to date the last around an hour tops, but we stayed out for a few hours and when it came to responsibilities and paying, I found it to be very egalitarian which I highly respect. We even went into our experiences with dating and what we are looking for kind of. What threw me off however was the end. We just hugged and while we said we would meet up again, I assumed it would at least end in a kiss. I even made an attempt to do so, but she just turned her head slightly away from mine which left me a little confused. She probably is planning on going out with other guys or has no intention of seeing me again. I don't know. I just needed to vent and see if anyone has shared my experiences.
Not a big deal at all dude. Don't sweat it.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:24 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times
Quote:
You met for a few hours and want to swap mouth germs?

Think of it this way. You've met for a few hours, and he (or she) grabs your drink and starts sucking on your straw. Wait, that has an alternate, awesome visual. Anyway, some woman I just met a few hours ago who just goes ahead and grabs the straw and wails on it with her lips and mouth is just .. DAMN THIS VISUAL>>> Get outta my head. Anyway, to me that's kind of personal. What if they took a bite of your sandwich? Is taking a bite of your sandwich less weird than kissing after a few hours?

Give it some time. At least she didn't slap you.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:46 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,473,498 times
OP, it sounds like you both had a good time. If she was not enjoying your company she would not have stayed 3 hours. Many women do not kiss on a first date, so don't take that personally.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:27 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
its more about you than her- if you make too much of an issue of this,,,then you are doomed with her.
a wise man, will appreciate the time just getting to know her-
many women dont kiss on the first date- be happy with the hug

most women have had bad experiences,,, if she lets a guy kiss them, then the guy will take it as a green light to start rounding the bases- then if she stops him,,he will say she gave him mixed signals...

dont fret about it-she's letting you know she isnt going to be easy- and dont expect too much too soon - ask her out again, get to know her, and let her get to know you better

Old 06-15-2013, 03:45 AM

The last girl I dated did take offense and seemed visibly upset that I didn't kiss on the first date which made me feel a little bad since I wasn't trying to hurt that person. I just didn't feel ready at the time. With this girl, I didn't want to make that mistake again since dating is all about learning from past experiences, but I guess for now I'll see how the next date goes.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:56 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
The last girl I dated did take offense and seemed visibly upset that I didn't kiss on the first date which made me feel a little bad since I wasn't trying to hurt that person. I just didn't feel ready at the time. With this girl, I didn't want to make that mistake again since dating is all about learning from past experiences, but I guess for now I'll see how the next date goes.
and here-in lies the challenge,,,one girl will wonder why you didnt kiss her, while another one will turn away...
I once asked a lesbian,,,how the first date kiss goes...i'm thinking they can read the signals better being a woman and on the same team...and she said, she has been turned away on a first date- some girls just wont kiss on a first date- also, while guys will think "just a kiss" with some women a kiss, is very intimate, and sensual...

Old 06-15-2013, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
and here-in lies the challenge,,,one girl will wonder why you didnt kiss her, while another one will turn away...
I once asked a lesbian,,,how the first date kiss goes...i'm thinking they can read the signals better being a woman and on the same team...and she said, she has been turned away on a first date- some girls just wont kiss on a first date- also, while guys will think "just a kiss" with some women a kiss, is very intimate, and sensual...
Hmmm that's true especially the last part and something I never really considered in regards to how she might have experienced that situation. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships