Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:00 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,123,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Question: Why ask if you have no intention of contacting?
He have changed his intentions or just forgot.

How often girls don't want to talk to someone, to whom she gave her number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 08:05 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,629,886 times
Quote:
So, I am recently single after a 3 year relationship. I go out every weekend-bars, sporting events, parties etc. I have been asked about 8 times over the past couple weeks for my number by guys I meet while I am out.

I would say about 3 of the 8 guys actually contacted me. Two actually set up dates and the other lost touch.

Because some folks:
1. think that "they should ask for a number anyways"
2. have contacted several women during a few days, or even more
3. are in contact with someone already and they are just "playing the field" when they see a chance
4. believe it or not, many folks just don't care enough to call (because that's what the society is today)
5. even more folks are lazy to call
6. some folks might be awkward to call, some might think that you won't give them a pass anyways

List is pretty long, but your safest bet is this "don't care/lazy" culture and possibly "hitting on multiple folks/playing the filed.

Quote:
Are you a man?...that's probably why.

Most women don't approach men and/or ask for their numbers. Not one myself, but most women will sit waiting forever for a man to approach her.
They do but those "approaches" are terribly awkward on their part. You wouldn't believe how stupid does it look like when a girl is hitting on you and then she enters into a group of guys and attempts to "hide" behind you while claiming that she's "hiding from her boyfriend". Personal experience. Some things can look cute, but some things can really be .... silly.

Last edited by nald; 06-24-2013 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: avoiding double post

Old 06-24-2013, 12:43 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,717,026 times
A lot of times, men just ask for numbers for a 'confidence boost' if you will. Its quite possible that those men are in relationships and or married and they just wanted to see if they 'still have game' and that someone other than their wife/GF finds them attractive.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:51 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,676,085 times
I didn't know if I'd call when I asked.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,670,201 times
Because it's a numbers game.

(Hahaha I crack myself up )

Old 06-24-2013, 12:58 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,878,333 times
Can't say I didn't see this coming... Oh, the interesting lives us regular CD folks lead.

I wouldn't ask for a girl's number if I wasn't interested in contacting her. And I'm not going to text all damn day. We can go out and get to know each other better, or have an actual conversation on the phone, but I won't be staring at my phone screen all day because one party or the other is too dimwitted to make good intelligent conversation.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,012,037 times
meh. Some people have it super easy in the dating world, and still find a way to complain.

I'll never understand this.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:03 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,306,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
meh. Some people have it super easy in the dating world, and still find a way to complain.

I'll never understand this.
I don't think my post came of whiny or as if I was complaining. I am just interested and wanted some insight into why guys do this.

To those that actually answered my question, I appreciate the insight.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,155,046 times
Quote:
So, I am recently single after a 3 year relationship. I go out every weekend-bars, sporting events, parties etc. I have been asked about 8 times over the past couple weeks for my number by guys I meet while I am out.

I would say about 3 of the 8 guys actually contacted me. Two actually set up dates and the other lost touch.

I'm guilty of that. Sometimes you do it just to see if you can get the number.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:44 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,382,074 times
Quote:

I could ask the same thing! Why give me your number if all you're going to do is ignore my texts and phone calls? Irritating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships