Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times

Advertisements

So, I am recently single after a 3 year relationship. I go out every weekend-bars, sporting events, parties etc. I have been asked about 8 times over the past couple weeks for my number by guys I meet while I am out.

I would say about 3 of the 8 guys actually contacted me. Two actually set up dates and the other lost touch.

Question: Why ask if you have no intention of contacting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,424,247 times
You appear to assume they had no intention of contacting.

Perhaps they did at the time of the asking - but for some reason decided after the fact not to.

Intentions are not fixed - they change. I could list for the next hour reasons their intentions might have changed and I still would not have scratched the surface of how many there potentially may be.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:21 AM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times
People change their mind, especially when alcohol is involved.

Not that it happens often but I've followed up and it was different and awkward.
Works both ways.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
So, I am recently single after a 3 year relationship. I go out every weekend-bars, sporting events, parties etc. I have been asked about 8 times over the past couple weeks for my number by guys I meet while I am out.

I would say about 3 of the 8 guys actually contacted me. Two actually set up dates and the other lost touch.

Wow, I'd like to experience that just once before I die. That's never happened to me despite being single and unattatched for 30 years of my adult life.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Wow, I'd like to experience that just once before I die. That's never happened to me despite being single and unattatched for 30 years of my adult life.
Are you a man?...that's probably why.

Most women don't approach men and/or ask for their numbers. Not one myself, but most women will sit waiting forever for a man to approach her.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
I am not a man, so I don't know for sure, but I always figure they are doing it to be polite (and get an easy out). Kind of like the way I get rid of a salesman at a trade show by asking for their company's brochure and then saying, "I have to run, but I will look at this" before it finds the way to the bottom of my totebag. Some are interested in you (they found you attractive to approach you in the first place, right), but I think some ask for your number and they can walk away without hurting your feelings. I don't think they do it to be mean.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post

I think you're doing well in that area.

I doubt very many would complain about that.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:38 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
When i use to go out, I usually ask a few women for their number/s on a given night. I usually put a reference note/# along with their number (my own rating system) that will determine who I will call back first. Sometimes, I don't get to call all of the numbers.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
When i use to go out, I usually ask a few women for their number/s on a given night. I usually put a reference note/# along with their number (my own rating system) that will determine who I will call back first. Sometimes, I don't get to call all of the numbers.
Good to know. That might have been the situation in some of my cases. Others, I know I was the only girl they were talking to that night. AKA-party setting I was with the guys for a couple of hours-from the time they showed up to the time they left.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:43 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,850 times
It's easy when your drunk sometimes, but when your sober and time goes on a bit it seems like it could be awkward. I would usually at least send a text and feel it out from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships