Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:18 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
My understanding is that a male BC pill was developed around the same time as the women's pill, but it causes the same side effects in men as it does in women -- a big decrease in sex drive.

For obvious cultural reasons, women have been willing to put up with that but men have not.
No. research a little about obstructions done to introduce it in the western world. Someone wants to make big bucks out of it and that's the biggest problem. U.S. government stacks with such attitude as well. Legal instruments are basically helping such behavior because you can't import it from elsewhere and they ban you from either facilitating it in the United States, etc. Same happened even with female birth control pill, it basically existed before in a form of herbal contraceptives and they simply used some of those extracts and enhanced them to produce female contraceptive pill. It's very important to license something and ensure that you have it as your trademark, that way you can earn lots of money.

Second big problem are the conservatives. You know the story about spilling seed and god killing the guy who did it? Well, that's about it. Regardless that 99,9% of people don't agree with it, people always tend to listen to 0,1% of the most rigid ones. In fact they'll even vote for those guys because extreme attitude and behavior is what people appreciate the most. Thus if guys want to make sure about avoiding pregnancy, they should abstain from sex.

Bottom line is: so-called "male pill" exists already and it's even being made and used by many people. It's not available in the United States under various reasons but it all comes down to money and politics. Those two are often together as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Forget about it! I'm not popping any pill in my mouth; especially one that takes the g'powder out of my bullet. I rather avoid intercourse.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 PM

173 posts, read 209,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Forget about! I'm not popping any pill in my mouth; especially one that takes the g'powder out of my bullet. I rather avoid intercourse.
If you are using AA#5 and hard cast reloads, that is already done for you. lol

*cough...ahuh..ahuh*

Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
IRL, every woman I know in a LTR or that is married uses it. It helps their monthly problems as well. I've never seen or heard of so much/many "problems" with oral birth control as I read on here in IRL.

No one has ever gotten pregnant while using as directed either, though I cannot say the same with condoms and other forms of "rhythm" birth control.
You don't really seem, based on your other posts here, like the type of person random women would mention their difficulties with birth control to.

I note that the pill manufacturers disagree with you theory that it is 100% effective.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
You don't really seem, based on your other posts here, like the type of person random women would mention their difficulties with birth control to.

I note that the pill manufacturers disagree with you theory that it is 100% effective.
Yes, but I have IRL proof of my claims.

Not some women on a forum who refuse to take it for whatever reason.

Mom and Sis included.

It always WORKS.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Yes, but I have IRL proof of my claims.

Not some women on a forum who refuse to take it for whatever reason.

Mom and Sis included.

It always WORKS.
Science is not your strong suit, is it?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,740 times
The pill is effective in close to 99 out of 100 fertile women using it as a birth control method and having regular intercourse throughout one calendar year. Only one out of 100 fertile women will get pregnant during that whole year, given that it's used correctly. Statistics for realistic use are a few times bigger. Statistics for condom aren't that bad either, since it's generally about few pregnancies out of 100 for "perfect" use and about 15/100 for "regular" use in that same type of test environment.
That's given that neither party deliberately abuses it. But given the sheer number of "accidental pregnancies", it's obvious that some people are obviously "rigging" the outcomes.

Given that so-called "male pill" is of the same efficiency as the "female pill", (i.e. 1/100 fertile couples might have it fail during the entire year of regular intercourse), no party should use it as an excuse to stop using their protection, UNLESS they deliberately want it to fail. Safest option would thus be that both parties use their pills which would lower the chance of accidental pregnancy as low as 1/10,000 fertile couples during an entire year of regular sex. Given that dozens of millions of couples would be having sex, that'd still mean thousands of unplanned pregnancies, but with the condom combined, I guess the chances would be completely minimal.
Condom + male pill + female pill = almost no unwanted pregnancies, given that each is used correctly. This goes for a country with over 300 million population, so please take note that some people might still have unwanted pregnancies with all precautions.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,629 times
Quote:
The way women complain about taking the pill on this board, I would take it religiously just to shut them up about it.

Not like all the asbestos, lead fumes, paint/PVC vapors didn't kill swimmers anyways.

Sign me up, b****ing gets old for a pill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It's not that big of a deal for me to take BC. When I was married I took it for years but I never had any side-effects though, not one. I was lucky. I still preferred the IUD though. I could be super lazy with that.

*cue women posting about BC side effects now*
I have no idea how good or bad the pill is for other women. Like I said before, I'm contraindicated for hormonal birth control or any hormone therapies. I don't even respond well to naturally occuring hormones during pregnancy.

My mother used the pill for decades without a problem though. I don't think the pill is bad for every woman. I think they're bad for some women and there should be more options available for couples.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Science is not your strong suit, is it?
Sure it is...

Lady : I want to drive this truck, but I can't drive a manual. Can I drive and you shift for me?

Man: Slide over, I'm driving.

Lady: No no, I want to drive, just you have to shift.

Man: Slide over, I'm driving.

Someone has to have "control".

Old 06-27-2013, 08:38 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,629 times
Quote:
IRL, every woman I know in a LTR or that is married uses it. It helps their monthly problems as well. I've never seen or heard of so much/many "problems" with oral birth control as I read on here in IRL.

No one has ever gotten pregnant while using as directed either, though I cannot say the same with condoms and other forms of "rhythm" birth control.

My one buddy's sister is a product of a broken jimmy.

Take your pill...or I WILL! LOL
Not every woman can take the pill or any other hormonal birth control. My OB-GYN and my family Dr wouldn't be stupid enough to prescribe them to me.

The paraguard IUD is excellent though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships