Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 01:59 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,631,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Man... it doesn't. The "pill" already exists and it's being used in other parts of the world. You guys living in the US of A are simply not informed on that fact, or they keep telling that people get sterile for life, women get poisoned, that it's not reliable because it's produced in 3rd world country, etc.
In fact, every attempt to produce a neem-based product is under huge magnifier and they literally ban to even use lots of stuff that MIGHT be tweaked to be used as a contraceptive.
Indians are selling a contraceptive named Sensal and it isn't so cheap for their conditions but it's cheap enough to be used. On the other hand, it'd be extremely cheap in the United States if it ever gets allowed to be used.
Pharmacy companies don't want this to happen. They tried to produce "similar" stuff that is also neem-based and they tried to use "patent terrorism" to ensure huge profit. They got their patent approved in the 90s but due to large protests it got revoked. Same happened in Europe. As an answer to all that, they (ab)use government and regulatory bodies to block any attempt to have that stuff on the U.S. or markets of Western Europe. Just check out how they did everything to ensure patents over it, patenting lots of stuff. This is the same thing that happened with "the pill" (female version) which is also partly made out of herbs that were known to be contraceptives long before that.

What's characteristic is that, once again, they try to suppress even knowledge about it, so that people wouldn't try to bypass it in some way.

Bottom line is that conservatives don't want it and pharmacy companies despise it because they want huge profits. It's just like the reason why Microsoft makes new Windows versions - to earn more money without much effort and to ensure that their copyright laws are fully in effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 02:06 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,746,529 times
I think the study I quoted says that it's not a top priority of all the US drug manufactures on the basis of the benefits vs. costs. We also do not have a population problem in the US; hence no strong priority of government, either.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I think the study I quoted says that it's not a top priority of all the US drug manufactures on the basis of the benefits vs. costs. We also do not have a population problem in the US; hence no strong priority of government, either.
U.S. government is not doing the research. U.S. laboratories never did much of a research. Only private laboratories did a research and they immediately got an approval decades ago... but it got stuck because it couldn't be "patented" (monopolized).
This is why U.S. government abuses their position to block their citizens from having foreign companies importing it and selling in any legal way. It's not just U.S. government, but every government where those pharmacy industries are influential, this means even Canada, Germany, UK, Denmark, Scandinavian countries, France, Spain, Italy, etc. It might not be their "top priority to produce" but their top priority is to obstruct it instead. They've been succsesful for decades and decades and it's really funny how people aren't even informed about the fact that so-called "male contraceptive" existed as a herbal form for centuries, even thousands of years. It's probably the oldest written contraceptive herbal method that is explained in detail.
Companies were constantly re-tweaking the thing to make it more into a "pharmacy look" (pills and gels and stuff) and to avoid things that people might not like about it (i.e. its specific smell). But the end line is that the concept of that contraceptive is just about the same as it was before.

As a consequence of this medical lobby blocking neem contraceptive, various neem-based products also get affected, even though they weren't supposed to be used as a contraceptive at all.

Here's some link to contraceptive:
Welcome To India Neem Products

Check out the list of products on the left side, the herb wasn't simply used for contraception, it has numerous usages.

I've also googled out this from another site:
Neem and Birth Control

You can't expect Republicans to vote for that, because they represent the guys who will come over and preach about the Bible and how old scriptures spoke of God killing the guy who spilled his seed, their stance is very clear about it - sex is just for reproduction and if you don't like it, don't have sex. That's at least what they preach, but it's very questionable how many politicians follow what they preach.
You can't expect Democracts to ever vote for that either, because they lobbied many laws under Obama to keep feeding the overpriced medical/pharmacy industry under the pretext of helping poor. Republicans only declaratively opposed it, but the bottom line is that the same medical lobby usually funds both parties anyways and they have huge influence on everyday politics.

Last edited by nald; 06-28-2013 at 02:54 AM.. Reason: bold and grammar errors

Old 06-28-2013, 10:08 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,746,529 times
That's right, the government does not do research. They set standards, review trials and approve/disapprove new drugs based on those trials meeting their standards and following "correct" procedures.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,426,691 times
Id take a pill, id be takin it for years already if there was one but there is no way in hell youre injecting anything into my balls!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-28-2013, 10:51 AM

677 posts, read 1,195,095 times
A male birth control pill will never work out. There's no way men are going to take a pill for that.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:52 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,609,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
The "pill" already exists and it's being used in other parts of the world.
Do you have a link to a source for this? I'm just an ignorant American, but everything I see when doing a basic Google search indicates that it's being researched but hasn't been created yet.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
There's no way men are going to take a pill for that.
Really? Think about how many men get vasectomies. I'd much rather take a pill.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Do you have a link to a source for this? I'm just an ignorant American, but everything I see when doing a basic Google search indicates that it's being researched but hasn't been created yet.
If you opened one of the links, you'd see the pills filled with jelly/oil inside of them. They take several weeks before they take full effect on the male body to cause infertility and you need to take them regularly as well. Once you stop taking pills, it reportedly takes 6 weeks to restore your fertility. It has no side-effects.

It works on a basis to make sperm immobile.

Same neem-based gel contraceptive is used as a spermicide/gel prior to sexual intercourse as well, by applying it inside of woman's vagina. It's both antiseptic as well, so it has other beneficiary properties.

Please check out the links posted in previous posts. It's being distributed in India already and India is very poor country. They'd rather just use the herbals they used already. What the research usually speaks of is so-called "RISUG" injection. It also exists over there and generally causes long-term infertility that generally requires another injectio/treatment to restore it, otherwise it take over a decade to be restored. Similar treatment also exists for women as a female contraceptive (as well as some rods and stuff) and it supposedly existed before "the pill", but people didn't find it as a comfortable option.

One specific proof on the deliberate intents by people to stop using neem leaves or refine it and brand it for use in the United States/Europe? All companies that were researching it eventually got bought and CLOSED, or they simply abandon the research soon after.
Government then uses an excuse that it is not proven to be good enough for use and deliberately bans any chance to get it refined into pills.

Here are some more links:
Neem oil, a natural contraceptive. Neem and Birth Control

Someone also made a youtube link about it:

The All Natural Birth Control Pill for Men, 100% effective against pregnancy - YouTube

See my point, neem leaves/herbs/oil were used for decades in other parts of the world, many products were made over decades in those developing countries that had very limited medical industry at the time. Problem is the fact that nobody can patent it... many western companies tried to patent it and then push for it in the consumer world, but it didn't end well. I've written about it in previous posts.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry On View Post
At my age vasectomy is the way to go. No rugrats running around when I'm over 40, thanks.

I started young and my last will be a senior in high school this year. Almost free and clear...
Well, for those of us who didn't start early, and are fairly certain we don't want kids but are not 100% sure, and certainly don't want an unexpected one with some random hookup, the pill would be a much better option. I have a friend who falls in this category (as do I), and got a vasectomy while childless and in his 30's. I've thought about doing the same, but worry about what could happen if I change my mind in the future. The pill would be a perfect solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships