Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 01:45 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,985,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Anonymous repper - I don't like being called "baby" any more than you like being called "assh*le." Please refrain.
i always used to think calling someone "babe" or "baby" was condescending but then i had an ex who absolutely *loved* it...

Old 10-06-2013, 01:45 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:
BPD.

I should have known it was you. You're getting banned at record pace. lol

You need to learn not all women want to be called sexy and told that they are desirable to men. And not all women want to be called baby, etc. I could not care less what men here think about me. I'm sure there are.girls here who will appreciate your slobber, but I do not.
Note to self: no flattery for minx.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:46 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
i always used to think calling someone "babe" or "baby" was condescending but then i had an ex who absolutely *loved* it...
I've met people who call everybody that.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I've met people who call everybody that.
yeah i've seen that too

i don't really mind it anymore. it can even be done charmingly sometimes, i guess. meh, whatever

Old 10-06-2013, 02:01 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I found this article to be interesting. I don't have kids but I'd like to think if we did we'd try and do some of this stuff here.

IDK if it's just an American society thing or not, but it seems like we spend too much money on things for kids. Kids don't need as much "stuff" as we seem to think they do.

10 frugal parenting tips from around the globe- MSN Money
Can I just say (and this is not directed at you Chow) that I'm so tired of people thinking other countries are superior to the US because they do x, y and z.

And all I can think of this author is that she's a freakin' nitwit if she followed the masses and did all those things as an American and now she's somehow "enlightened" because she lives over there. She must have been living in a cave. I know a lot of people, myself included, that do the things on that list, and then some.

Now, we don't use hankies, because frankly, body fluids of any kind should be disposed of immediately in my opinion. I wouldn't wipe myself after using the bathroom and tuck that cloth into my purse for future use, so I'm not going to do it with a snot rag either. We are RARELY sick in my house. I never buy tissues unless someone has a runny nose. I can count on my hand how many times a year I actually have to make that purchase, so I don't feel bad about that one.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:02 PM

c'mon someone help me procrastinate...

just can't get started today

Old 10-06-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
c'mon someone help me procrastinate...

just can't get started today
What is it you are procrastinating doing? I'm a master at procrastination!

Old 10-06-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
What is it you are procrastinating doing? I'm a master at procrastination!
heh, i actually meant i can't seem to get started *working*, and am looking for more amusing procrastination

it's easy to get started procrastinating...

it's just that i've already read all the good threads here and on reddit

Old 10-06-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
heh, i actually meant i can't seem to get started *working*, and am looking for more amusing procrastination

it's easy to get started procrastinating...

it's just that i've already read all the good threads here and on reddit
Ohhh, no that's what I meant...what work do you have to do? I can help you procrastinate if that's what you really want to do...lol

Or I can tell you to get your ass off CD and get to work!

Old 10-06-2013, 02:17 PM

62 posts, read 100,692 times
Quote:
BPD.

I should have known it was you. You're getting banned at record pace. lol

You need to learn not all women want to be called sexy and told that they are desirable to men. And not all women want to be called baby, etc. I could not care less what men here think about me. I'm sure there are.girls here who will appreciate your slobber, but I do not.

George Thorogood - Woman With the Blues - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships