Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:07 PM

69 posts, read 56,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
I'm not religious by any means because I don't subscribe to man's interpretation of God. Or whoever wrote the Bible. However, I am not naive enough to think that there isn't anything out there. It's almost statistically impossible given the size of the universe that a "Higher Power" doesn't exist. No, I can almost guarantee that there are things in deep space that our feeble little minds can't even begin to comprehend. So an "Atheist" - A person that is so willing to proclaim that nothing exists, even though they have no way in hell of proving this, is really kind of a turn off to me. Just my opinion.
You don't know what atheism is. You also engage in special pleading. If this "Higher Power" exists, it also logically follows that a power higher than that also exists, and so on.

And to clear this up, since lots of people on here have a misconception about what atheism and agnosticism mean:
- Atheism is the lack of belief in a god or gods.
- Agnosticism is the position that we humans cannot and/or have not attained enough information to know whether a god or gods exist or not.

Atheism deals with belief. Agnosticism deals with knowledge. They are not mutually exclusive. Atheism is not a belief in nothing. That doesn't even make any sense.

Last edited by TehSamurai; 07-03-2013 at 09:27 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 09:36 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
What do you expect, they don't like god , they don't like the world.....hell, I don't even think they like themselves. They do far more judging and proffer more nonsense than any Christians I've ever encountered.
Oh please.

I'm about the most laid back, understanding, and respectful athiest that you could meet. While I'm not religious I do value religion amd what it does for people.

There are Christians that are as bad if not worse than the atheists are in regards to their attitudes.

Judging the atheists in this thread is no worse than what they are doing to you. If you want to practice being a good Christian then just be a bit more understanding and accepting instead of arguing. And instead of being angry or thinking less of them, try praying for them.

At least atheists dont have a hard and fastened "life" to try and abide by. Christians do, so instead of arguing and belittling try being understanding and apathetic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-03-2013, 09:39 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You perhaps are not worrying about your final destination. But in case you are curious, Jesus Christ has never claimed non believers go to hell.

Atheists Can Now Go To Heaven - YouTube
Youre right, he hasnt. Same goes for many other religions. I think "Jesus" would rather have people be good people with good morals than have someone live a life of sin yet "believe"

Look at all the people never exposed to christianity in the world, doubt "God" would doom all of them to hell. You don't have to be Christian to realize the 10 commandments are good things to live by regardless.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:42 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Youre right, he hasnt. Same goes for many other religions. I think "Jesus" would rather have people be good people with good morals than have someone live a life of sin yet "believe"

Look at all the people never exposed to christianity in the world, doubt "God" would doom all of them to hell. You don't have to be Christian to realize the 10 commandments are good things to live by regardless.

Exactly! Jesus does not even need organized religion to be quite honest.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSamurai View Post
Glad you can read.

Not surprising, quite frankly.

I don't know why you keep repeating that you have ridiculous views. I know that already.

If you were a true Christian, you would follow all of what's in the Bible, including the parts about rape, slavery, an murder. That would make for a backwards society.
The one who is ridiculous is you. The bible leaves room for different views according to the different religions.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSamurai View Post
Yeah, because atheists are the ones who picket funeral and claim that those who don't agree with them deserve to suffer for all of eternity, right?

"Waah, atheists have no morals!"
"Waah, atheists have small penises!"
"Waah, atheists are more judgmental!"

What other lies do the theists here want to post?
What about the moron atheists who protest Christmas or anything religious in public? Morons are everywhere. Most religious people I know think the Westboro inbreds are idiots.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:37 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What about the moron atheists who protest Christmas or anything religious in public? Morons are everywhere. Most religious people I know think the Westboro inbreds are idiots.
Be fair.

No one protests things like Christmas displays on your own property.

It's government buildings and federal land where it becomes a problem. And even there it is at times displayed openly, just usually not permanently.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:41 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Atheists can be zealots. I remember having dinner and drinks with a group of people...there was a hard core atheist at the table...I mentioned God and he almost flew across the table to wring my neck. Recently I had a conversation with a store clerk that I know well...He asked me "Do you believe in God?" I said yes - He said "Don't" - What right has he got to tell me what to believe in or not believe in?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Atheists can be zealots. I remember having dinner and drinks with a group of people...there was a hard core atheist at the table...I mentioned God and he almost flew across the table to wring my neck. Recently I had a conversation with a store clerk that I know well...He asked me "Do you believe in God?" I said yes - He said "Don't" - What right has he got to tell me what to believe in or not believe in?
We have a nutjob atheist who looks for things to protest. He's no better than the religious zealots.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:02 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Not true some of them protest offices and things like that. At one place a coworker got in trouble because he hung a cross on his cubicle.
I worked in Federal office cubes most of the last 20 years as I used to be a government contractor. I saw some displays but no one ever said anything about them.

I imagine it is the bosses right to say something if he/she wanted to. The employees work for the boss or the owner of the company, not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships