Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM

469 posts, read 567,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Exactly. And based on his latest lengthy post, I think it's safe to say ole' Supine is still clinging too closely to theory and not taking that first bold step into reality. Eh, what can you do?
Agreed! Theory's can explain human behaviour, but not the variables involved in it. You can name the variables, but human behaviour will choose them at random with no rhyme or reason, just because. We can talk about sociology/psychology theories and disfunction's/disorders with human behaviour, but they won't tell us how the brain chooses subjects that it's attracted to. Reality good sir, would fit nice on Supine. Going out there, associating, having a beer or two, meeting people, and finding out how they act will help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:34 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Seriously, why do you have to hijack every single thread and make it yours.

"men think they are better looking than they are?" do you agree?

you don't want this thread to be locked, do you? I am sure you don't. Then stay on topic.
I didn't hijack any thread an make it "mine." The person claimed I made a statement I didn't therefore I told him did not make that statement.

Others--not me--started the discussion about short men. I did not start that discussion. I simply stated I have no problems with being short and attracting women, however, I acknowledge men of very short height will likely have a difficult time attracting a lot of women.

Some other person claimed "height" is not apart of "looks" when it is because its visual.

People also discussed personality (I did not start that discussion). So, I stated Jada has a personality equal to a short man with a great personality.

So, why don't you stop hijacking this thread.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
zzzzZZZZZZ who cares who cares who cares

I am not the hottest chick on earth, I still get hot men. I have no ideas what they see in me. But hey, I am not complaining.
You have an attractive feature about you that draws them to you. Could be your personality or something about your physical attributes.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,985,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Tyra Banks is not a very skinny woman. She actually has some curves on her in both her breasts, hips, and butt.

Debbie Allen was not skinny nor was Nia Long.
wow. it's almost as if will smith could somehow find a way to be attracted to a few modestly different body types, as long as each woman was, overall, extraordinary looking

let's revisit this after the divorce, when will smith marries roseanne barr

Old 07-10-2013, 07:38 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I didn't hijack any thread an make it "mine." The person claimed I made a statement I didn't therefore I told him did not make that statement.

Others--not me--started the discussion about short men. I did not start that discussion. I simply stated I have no problems with being short and attracting women, however, I acknowledge men of very short height will likely have a difficult time attracting a lot of women.

Some other person claimed "height" is not apart of "looks" when it is because its visual.

People also discussed personality (I did not start that discussion). So, I stated Jada has a personality equal to a short man with a great personality.

LOL You are still hijacking this thread.

Men think they are better looking than they are. Do you agree with it or not?

Didn't you learn how to be a good debater in college? come on now, you are better than this, aren't you?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Sorry, Raena
Nah glad everyone likes or dislikes it. Lol

Old 07-10-2013, 07:41 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,985,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
You have an attractive feature about you that draws them to you. Could be your personality or something about your physical attributes.
lol. yeah. maybe one or two

all y'all must have missed the pictures. as well as the post where she mentioned her brief modeling career

this thread is tops. imma go give scarlett johansson a call now and tell her i can put up with her mediocre "5" looks as long as she cooks me chicken

Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
zzzzZZZZZZ who cares who cares who cares

I am not the hottest chick on earth, I still get hot men. I have no ideas what they see in me. But hey, I am not complaining.
Click in this link and refer to post #17: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ng-than-2.html

Here, I'll quote it:

Quote:
No.

Halle Berry is under no impression she can only get omega males.

I don't know if most men think they are better looking than they are. I suspect most simply put on airs of confidence, as confidence in a man helps him attract female mates.

Your alpha males often think highly of themselves and their abilities anyways.

Alpha females exist too.

It's just that men are less discriminating than women. So, men are more likely to have sex with a "loser" woman than women are to have sex with a "loser" man.

That women are more discriminating than men in terms of mate selection is not merely my opinion. It is the prevailing view in Sexual Selection which is a sub-theory in the broader Theory of Evolution you might say.

And why is it people pick and choose the parts of the Theory of Evolution that will only align with the socio-political views they have.

The notion that women are less discriminating than men is right up their with the theory that earth is the center of the universe and the sun revolves around it.

Evolution 101: Sexual Selection

Old 07-10-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
lol. yeah. maybe one or two

all y'all must have missed the pictures. as well as the post where she mentioned her brief modeling career

this thread is tops. imma go give scarlett johansson a call now and tell her i can put up with her mediocre "5" looks as long as she cooks me chicken
O.o i did!! where are they!

Old 07-10-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
LOL You are still hijacking this thread.

Men think they are better looking than they are. Do you agree with it or not?

Didn't you learn how to be a good debater in college? come on now, you are better than this, aren't you?
The first post is below. You quoted the title not the whole context of the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Now hear me out. Men(not all)think they are better looking than what they really are. This is why they date up. Women on the other hand tend to think they are not all that. That's why some settle. Do you agree?
No, I do not agree with this. Nor does the American man that created this documentary.

BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER PART 1 - YouTube

And my post #17 was partly in context to the proposition women "date down" when I made the point about Halle Berry.

Post #17: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ng-than-2.html

Quoted in full:

Quote:
No.

Halle Berry is under no impression she can only get omega males.

I don't know if most men think they are better looking than they are. I suspect most simply put on airs of confidence, as confidence in a man helps him attract female mates.

Your alpha males often think highly of themselves and their abilities anyways.

Alpha females exist too.

It's just that men are less discriminating than women. So, men are more likely to have sex with a "loser" woman than women are to have sex with a "loser" man.

That women are more discriminating than men in terms of mate selection is not merely my opinion. It is the prevailing view in Sexual Selection which is a sub-theory in the broader Theory of Evolution you might say.

And why is it people pick and choose the parts of the Theory of Evolution that will only align with the socio-political views they have.

The notion that women are less discriminating than men is right up their with the theory that earth is the center of the universe and the sun revolves around it.

Evolution 101: Sexual Selection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships