Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 PM

4 posts, read 5,786 times

Advertisements

Hey,
I'm in an awful situation.
I have been with my partner for about 18months and we have a beautiful 5 month old daughter.
we are really happy together, and he has brought me a ring and was about to propose in the coming months.
But on Saturday I stayed at one of my friends house who i have been friends with for life. I was completely drunk and was by myself and their eldest brother who i had not seen for 6years (we use to have a thing) come over without me even knowing. I had no feeling or attractions for him whatsoever. anyway i can't remember too much as i was really intoxicated, i then must have blacked out but when i came to my senses after 10 to 20 seconds i was giving him head. I stopped immediately and screamed WTF and then vomited all over him! I felt so ashamed and so angry at myself. The next day my partner come to pick me up and I had to tell him.
I never keep anything from him I tell him everything and i mean everything. I also spewed whilst i was telling him. He took it better then i expected but now were both a complete mess. I tried to kill myself the next day as knowing that I may lose him forever was too much for me to bare. I love him with my entire heart and soul, i have never loved another like this. He has been having sexual activities with me but i feel like he is using me now. I don't blame him though, but he said he just wants to feel intimacy but there isn't.
He has said to me that he wants this to work so bad, and what we had was amazing but he is finding it hard.
I am trying to show him that i had no intentions whatsoever and he said he knows that and he knows how horrible and extremely sorry i feel.
I just want to know how and what can we do to make things get better? I know everyone says time but I'm afraid time is not on my side in this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Things will probably never be the same.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:20 PM

2 posts, read 6,929 times
I hate to say this but you shouldn't have said anything. You should have just kept quiet and never done it again. It was just a foolish mistake that you could have just put behind you. Now just because you said something this could affect your life forever. Best of luck though.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 PM

4 posts, read 5,786 times
I know but I couldn't keep it from him, I love him. And i hate keeping things from eachother.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha Violet View Post
Hey,
I have been with my partner for about 18months and we have a beautiful 5 month old daughter.
we are really happy together, and he has brought me a ring and was about to propose in the coming months.
But on Saturday I stayed at one of my friends house who i have been friends with for life. I was completely drunk and was by myself and their eldest brother who i had not seen for 6years (we use to have a thing) come over without me even knowing. I had no feeling or attractions for him whatsoever. anyway i can't remember too much as i was really intoxicated, i then must have blacked out but when i came to my senses after 10 to 20 seconds i was giving him head. I stopped immediately and screamed WTF and then vomited all over him! I felt so ashamed and so angry at myself. The next day my partner come to pick me up and I had to tell him.
I never keep anything from him I tell him everything and i mean everything. I also spewed whilst i was telling him. He took it better then i expected but now were both a complete mess. I tried to kill myself the next day as knowing that I may lose him forever was too much for me to bare. I love him with my entire heart and soul, i have never loved another like this. He has been having sexual activities with me but i feel like he is using me now. I don't blame him though, but he said he just wants to feel intimacy but there isn't.
He has said to me that he wants this to work so bad, and what we had was amazing but he is finding it hard.
I am trying to show him that i had no intentions whatsoever and he said he knows that and he knows how horrible and extremely sorry i feel.
I just want to know how and what can we do to make things get better? I know everyone says time but I'm afraid time is not on my side in this situation.
First of all, take a deep breath and calm down. You didn't do the most horrific thing in the world! But I sure hope you have learned not to drink to the point of blacking out. That in itself is very irresponsible. You are a mother now! You must put your daughter ahead of all else. Also, how dare you even think of killing yourself and leaving your beautiful five month old daughter without her mommy?

You owned up to it. You didn't lie about anything. You have a baby together, so you will both be in each others lives no matter what. How about counseling? Of course he is having a hard time dealing with it. How would you feel if he told you he was performing cunnilingus on another woman? Yes, time does heal most wounds. Take each day one day at a time. You are NOT a horrible person. But from this point forward, before you make any choices, make sure you put your baby first.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Hey,
Thats it spill the truth out, come on!

Old 07-10-2013, 07:38 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
sorry, but I don't buy you love him so much nonsense; your guilt telling you that not your heart. imo

I hope he leaves you, I would.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:38 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
Color me completely flabbergasted. Some people just shouldn't drink. I'm glad I'm not one of those folks. Bartender, I'll take a gin & tonic please!

Last edited by Philosophizer; 07-10-2013 at 07:48 PM..

Old 07-10-2013, 07:43 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,587 times
Quote:
Hey,
How did you know what the passage of time was if you were blacked out? Were you drugged?

I won't make any assumptions, but you have some problems girl. Get yourself to a therapist. I don't like the whole suicidal thing either, you have a daughter. No man would ever be worth that.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:44 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Color me completely flabbergasted. Some people just shouldn't drink. I'm glad I'm not one of those folks.

Some people should not post such information on public forums either.

Amazing how guilt can make someone physically ill yet telling a lie doesn't bother them one bit.

I really have to ask though, if you blacked out how do you know it was 10 or 20 seconds only? Those I have seen black out or pass out has been for much longer than that and I seriously doubt you could actually function physically while blacked out, I don't know for sure though since I have never allowed myself to become that substance induced to black out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships