Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:17 PM

809 posts, read 2,885,073 times

Advertisements

WHILE YOU WERE BROKEN UP......... would you ever be able to forgive them???????

Scenario: boyfriend broke up with me about a month and a half ago. Apparently SLEPT with some girl one REALLY drunken night a few days after breaking up with me.... then he comes and visits me (because he'd had the tickets for a long time and we were still talking and what not)..... WE have a night together while he's here. But he doesn't admit to the drunken night until a few days ago because he feels guilty and doesn't want to end up giving ME something (even though he says he used protection).......... sigh........ (He's mainly worried about HPV because I've had it for awhile, and he said he didn't want to pass any other type of HPV to me... and condoms don't necessarily protect against it)..........

So....... I'm TORN because we weren't together when it happened..... but I still feel cheated on........ ugh........ It isn't TECHNICALLY cheating...... but we were still talking, and were friends and I just feel betrayed all around.

What would you be doing about this situation??? Would you ever be able to forgive???? Would you just walk away????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 06:29 PM

461 posts, read 1,450,001 times
If you were broken up it wasn't cheating. Forget about it.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:30 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times
Like Ross said to Rachel on Friends "WE WERE BROKEN UP!!!!"

Old 11-01-2008, 06:32 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,653,867 times
What would I be doing about it? Nothing. We were broken up which means both can sleep with whoever each wants to. What is there to forgive? I understand how you feel betrayed, but that is just your territorialism speaking. How does one walk away by saying, "I'm sorry but it's over, because you slept with someone else when we were broken up and did not tell me til now." Well, to begin with, you did not have to be told, it's not really your business. Since he did tell you, due to the HPV, that's a good thing.

But I thought your BF said to you last week that he wants time apart right now? What about the other woman he's been seeing? Situations change?

This guy really knows how to keep your heart and head in a tailspin.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
What would I be doing about it? Nothing. We were broken up which means both can sleep with whoever each wants to. What is there to forgive? I understand how you feel betrayed, but that is just your territorialism speaking. How does one walk away by saying, "I'm sorry but it's over, because you slept with someone else when we were broken up and did not tell me til now." Well, to begin with, you did not have to be told, it's not really your business. Since he did tell you, due to the HPV, that's a good thing.

But I thought your BF said to you last week that he wants time apart right now? What about the other woman he's been seeing? Situations change?

This guy really knows how to keep your heart and head in a tailspin.
you got the tailspin thing right........

he's still trying to "figure out" why he's so confused....... he wants us to have a future together, and live together and get married... yet all this CRAP is happening..... (I can quote a text from him "I DO want to marry you, I DO want to have kids with you, I DO love you... I'm just so confused and torn up right now")....... ugh.......

This comes after the fact that I told him I went on a date with someone.... which he had a cow about..... correct me if I'm wrong but if he's out there hanging out with some chick that he may potentially have feelings for isn't me going on an innocent date with some guy the SAME thing..... and yet you don't see ME getting into a friggin tizzy about it....... if you think I seem territorial about him doing that wen we're broken up, you shoulda seen his reaction to me telling him about my date....... ya...........................................

This relationship has many many many many twists and turns........

theres 6 years invested..... lots of time and emotions invested.... and the fact that neither of us can fricken let go no matter how hard we try.....

Old 11-01-2008, 06:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
why would you care?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,653,867 times
From your posts I can tell you TOTALLY have your head together, you seem like a great catch, and you totally need to just lose this Bozo. Good for you for going on a date!!! I hope he was very PO'd. Why would he be so mad anyway, doesn't he believe that two people can just go out for COFFEE nowadays?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
From your posts I can tell you TOTALLY have your head together, you seem like a great catch, and you totally need to just lose this Bozo. Good for you for going on a date!!! I hope he was very PO'd. Why would he be so mad anyway, doesn't he believe that two people can just go out for COFFEE nowadays?

Apparently not..... he seriously had a cow.... after BREAKING UP WITH ME he spazzed at me and told me "obviously you don't want a friendship with me, you just want to date, we're done talking"......... HAHA! I was like are you SERIOUS dude!?!??!?! You flipping broke up with ME??????? What is your malfunction???? derrrrrrrrrrrr!

Old 11-01-2008, 06:50 PM

the prob is that NO MATTER WHAT happens between us..... we remain exceptionally close friends...... it is a bond that I can NOT put into words....... neither of us seems to be able to let go. (and what is cutting a rift between us is the DISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!) aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggg

I'm about to throw in the towel and same goodbye to ALL relationships with men for like THREE years! SERIOUSLY

Old 11-01-2008, 06:51 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
are you angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
the prob is that NO MATTER WHAT happens between us..... we remain exceptionally close friends...... it is a bond that I can NOT put into words....... neither of us seems to be able to let go. (and what is cutting a rift between us is the DISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!) aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggg

I'm about to throw in the towel and same goodbye to ALL relationships with men for like THREE years! SERIOUSLY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships