Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2007, 10:51 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,675,236 times

Advertisements

Happy Birthday Kalo! What a nice Christmas gift you gave to your mom. I mean that in all sincereity as well.

Robyn, oh I so know about red necks, grew up with 'em in my family and all in my small town. Sigh. Decided early in life that little boys really don't grow up, they just get bigger toys!

We have one local store/restaruant/gas station combination in our small village. Now about a week before the actual hunting day opens, you will see them coming out of the woodwork stopping in to get lunch and coffee. They have been building fancy and not so fancy deer stands. You can tell the 'city slickers' from the red necks too! Those from the city we label 'wanna be red necks' LOL. They are the ones who strive for the red neck look, but unfornately they go buy their gear at expensive places and drive fancy clean trucks. For some reason they can't understand that a true redneck does not care what he looks like or smells like and his clothes are from the local Wal-Mart or patched together in order to save extra money to put on his truck-gun-bird dog!

Then comes the actual open season. At lunch, picture this guys, four or five mud coated trucks will be vying for the parking spot closet to the door to the local store, they crowd around ensuring you have to walk around at least two of 'em to get to the door. And lo and behold, right there, tail gate open, they sit with their prize practically hanging out of the truck, they gather crowds of has been hunters and to be hunters, telling and re-telling the story of how they nailed this one. It is so sickening. The concrete around this little group is littered with tobacco spit, the air reeks of the smell, and hoots of laughter can be heard from each group.

Now, tell me, who in their right mind could walk past this, go into the store/restaurant/gas station and sit at a table and EAT! Only those guys, we have all lost our appetites. sigh. such is the life of us who live in redneck hill country hickville nowhere.

Hmm, I think I might need to get dressed and mosey up to the store come to think of it....the Toyota people are working thru Christmas and I wanna see the expressions of the Japaneese people when they get a look see at the real area they are moving in!

Oh my, now I have gone and done it.

Sorry Robyn, I hijacked your thread and I didn't mean to.
Shutting up now..

So glad you found your starbucks today and enjoying it.

Everyone, Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year... blessings to you...aiangel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 10:56 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,398,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Happy Birthday Kalo! What a nice Christmas gift you gave to your mom. I mean that in all sincereity as well.

Robyn, oh I so know about red necks, grew up with 'em in my family and all in my small town. Sigh. Decided early in life that little boys really don't grow up, they just get bigger toys!

We have one local store/restaruant/gas station combination in our small village. Now about a week before the actual hunting day opens, you will see them coming out of the woodwork stopping in to get lunch and coffee. They have been building fancy and not so fancy deer stands. You can tell the 'city slickers' from the red necks too! Those from the city we label 'wanna be red necks' LOL. They are the ones who strive for the red neck look, but unfornately they go buy their gear at expensive places and drive fancy clean trucks. For some reason they can't understand that a true redneck does not care what he looks like or smells like and his clothes are from the local Wal-Mart or patched together in order to save extra money to put on his truck-gun-bird dog!

Then comes the actual open season. At lunch, picture this guys, four or five mud coated trucks will be vying for the parking spot closet to the door to the local store, they crowd around ensuring you have to walk around at least two of 'em to get to the door. And lo and behold, right there, tail gate open, they sit with their prize practically hanging out of the truck, they gather crowds of has been hunters and to be hunters, telling and re-telling the story of how they nailed this one. It is so sickening. The concrete around this little group is littered with tobacco spit, the air reeks of the smell, and hoots of laughter can be heard from each group.

Now, tell me, who in their right mind could walk past this, go into the store/restaurant/gas station and sit at a table and EAT! Only those guys, we have all lost our appetites. sigh. such is the life of us who live in redneck hill country hickville nowhere.

Hmm, I think I might need to get dressed and mosey up to the store come to think of it....the Toyota people are working thru Christmas and I wanna see the expressions of the Japaneese people when they get a look see at the real area they are moving in!

Oh my, now I have gone and done it.

Sorry Robyn, I hijacked your thread and I didn't mean to.
Shutting up now..

So glad you found your starbucks today and enjoying it.

Everyone, Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year... blessings to you...aiangel
WOOHOO AIANGEL!!!!

You tell it sista! I am cracking up here, and loving the fact that....

I am not alone in this redneck world! WOOHOO!!!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 11:01 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,183,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Jeans, t shirt, swear shirt jacket... Yep, thats me. No t'baccy... LMAO.

Uhhhhh....hopped up on caffeine Robyn???? <g>.....was the above a Freudian slip after your rant????

Old 12-24-2007, 11:02 AM

Default If you need to you can...

Ok, so I let loose on the rednecks this morning, and I went a little crazy.

If you feel so inclined, and you have your very own redneck story, like aiangel did, and you would like to add it here... you may!

Feel free to do so! The more the merrier! Lets me know that I am not alone in the redneck world... y'all!

Old 12-24-2007, 11:14 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,778,684 times
Default No redneck stories....

...but I just read all this mornings posts, and lol, what great stories and fun!

Wishing a sincere Merry Christmas to everyone!

Robyn, your Virtual Robyn vs Real Robyn, what a hoot
I've been having difficulty in not saying LOL out loud, lol...what to do.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:02 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times
Happy birthday kalo

I started a party over in community chat stop by

//www.city-data.com/forum/commu...ml#post2327533

Old 12-24-2007, 12:53 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,955,228 times
I'm not into the whole killing deer thing (or any thing for that matter) for venison. If you need it to survive that's one thing, but killing for sport is something I don't support. Kalo, Happy Birthday! Robyn, I want to wish you a very, very, Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2007, 01:55 PM

I don't like it either, Syn.

Everyone have a great Christmas. Soon, I will have my babies back. I have tried to call them, but he has his phone off.

That is a bit understandable, he is spending the holiday with them.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:01 PM

I wish I had a camera just now....

I went upstairs and my Lucy kitty was in the bath tub... the old timey bath tub...

Taking a ... bath! Go figure

Meow!

Old 12-24-2007, 04:34 PM

283 posts, read 524,496 times
Thanks everyone for the warm birthday wishes.

May your Christmas' and New Year bring nothing but happiness.

((((((((CD Friends)))))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships