Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:24 PM

523 posts, read 840,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
this has something to do with it, definitely.. and to pretend this phenomenon is going to suddenly disappear because it is 2013 is daft.
It's a phenomenon for the narrow minded. People and situations are not so black and white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 06:38 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,796 times
I've just come to the conclusion that I'm going to hold out until I'm ready and if a guy doesn't like it, then I'll just move on

Old 07-18-2013, 06:52 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I don't know about you folks, but sex is very important to me. I'd hate to wait 2-12 months to find out the women Ive fallen for is bad in bed (or not up to my standards)

What if a woman waits (lets say 2-6months or longer) only to find out the dude is limp noodle and/or is totally sorry in the sack? that playing with yourself is 10x better than having sex with him? what next? surely you're not going to tell me it doesn't matter? unless sex is not important, you've just wasted your time and his time. imo

Old 07-18-2013, 06:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I don't know about you folks, but sex is very important to me. I'd hate to wait 2-12 months to find out the women Ive fallen for is bad in bed (or not up to my standards)

What if a woman waits (lets say 2-6months or longer) only to find out the dude is limp noodle and totally sorry in the sack? that playing with yourself is 10x better than having sex with him? what next? surely you're not going to tell me it doesn't matter? unless sex is not important, you've just wasted your time and his time. imo
I think sex is very important. I would never marry someone without sleeping with them first. But we are talking about around 2 months here - not a year. I think everyone should wait until they are comfortable. In my relationships - I already knew I had feelings for them and that they had feelings for me before we had sex. There was no set time limit - and it certainly was never a year. But I was at a point where I knew I wouldn't regret it, I felt safe, and I knew that (barring a limp noodle or something like that) - it would only make our relationship stronger.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 PM

31,040 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Honestly, most men dont really care about your bi tendencies or sexual past with women, for most it'll likely be a turn on. Nowhere near as much as women, who will not have anything to do with a bi male, 99% of the time. OP, just frame it in a way that isnt scarry. Saying, i want to wait till the time is right, to alot of guys may sound like they have to wait a couple of years. Say something like, "id like to wait a litle bit, until we get to know one another and are alot more comfoortable together. Just frame it differently, where there is still a possibility of you two being intimate in near future, and you shouldnt have this problem. Poor men. They have no idea how much women love sex as well, and that they really never, ever have to beg for it.
"Honestly, most men dont really care about your bi tendencies or sexual past with women"

Right, wrong or indifferent the OP is right in her desire to put this in her past if shes looking at marriage to a man and children. From the poll about 43% would not date a Bi women because of her past. Most men who are looking for Stability, marriage and a family would view this as and undesireable past. Many people will say who cares, but the end result is still a smaller pool of desireable men
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-bisexual.html

Like some of the other posters stated 5 serious dates and a month or so is right in determining if the guy is looking for something long term. You will lose the men who are not serious very quickly It might sound short but 5 serious dates combined with hours of texting, phone calls and impromptu meetings is enough for many to establish a LTR.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:38 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
[b]"

Like some of the other posters stated 5 serious dates and a month or so is right in determining if the guy is looking for something long term. You will lose the men who are not serious very quickly It might sound short but 5 serious dates combined with hours of texting, phone calls and impromptu meetings is enough for many to establish a LTR.
I agree with this, not necessarily a LTR, but whether in not you would like to try for one.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-18-2013, 07:38 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I've just come to the conclusion that I'm going to hold out until I'm ready and if a guy doesn't like it, then I'll just move on
You should ALWAYS wait until you are ready. Have you done it a lot when you weren't ready?!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-18-2013, 07:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I let the girl decide when she's ready, although after a while I get really annoyed. There comes to a point when enough is enough, and I honestly start looking for new relationships if it takes too long. It's kind of hard to take a relationship seriously if you're not even having sex in my opinion.

That's just my personal view though. Don't take that into consideration.

The only person's view that matters in dating is your own. Do what you want and find someone who is compatible with that.. however if you wait too long you might miss out on quite a few quality guys. Just because a guy thinks sex is important in a relationship doesn't mean he's a pig or going to dump you after he gets laid.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:44 PM

31,040 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I let the girl decide when she's ready, although after a while I get really annoyed. There comes to a point when enough is enough, and I honestly start looking for new relationships if it takes too long. It's kind of hard to take a relationship seriously if you're not even having sex in my opinion.

That's just my personal view though. Don't take that into consideration.

The only person's view that matters in dating is your own. Do what you want and find someone who is compatible with that.. however if you wait too long you might miss out on quite a few quality guys. Just because a guy thinks sex is important in a relationship doesn't mean he's a pig or going to dump you after he gets laid.
"I let the girl decide when she's ready"
That's what I do in every relationship I have been in. It's usually not that long, time wise, but I always feel like I know her very well by the time it happens.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:54 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You should ALWAYS wait until you are ready. Have you done it a lot when you weren't ready?!
Yes, unfortunately. Long story short, I suffered through a lot of abuse growing up. So I felt like if I told a guy that I didn't want to sleep with him, he'd physically hurt me. So that's how I ended up with a lot of partners. I've been in a lot of therapy sessions since and I have recovered. Honestly, my recent ex gf was the only person who I wanted to sleep with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships