Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:22 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,648,029 times

Advertisements

I am 29 year old and went back to college and still have a long way to go to get my bachelor degree nursing. Sure I have a job, car, and my own place no roommates. I do not make that much money 19.00 an hour is not livable wage. I do not like my job and there is no wear to move up so save your make good money well to you I do. Also if a girl asks what I do for a living I embarrassingly say I work nights throwing fright looking one day to be a Wal-Mart greeter. That right there was the sex appeal of a school bus fire to most women. Yea I could be the best night crew guy but that like wining gold at the Special Olympics it does not matter you’re still retarded.

My main source of inspiration to become a nurse comes from an innate desire to help people and care for them in times of need. I am also a person who thrives on being challenged and I always have new goals to achieve, so nursing suits me as few other careers offer as much diversity and learning opportunities. I am a caring, empathetic, calm, patient, flexible, a good listener, and like to help people and empathetic .On top of that I pay attention to details and good at solving problems and finding solutions.
I can move up into other jobs at the hospital and feel like I am working on something which is good for me.

I want to work in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) or in Pediatrics or in the ICU at Harborview Medical Center is the designated Disaster Control Hospital.

As of late I have been giving up dating , friends , family , TV, Xbox ,drinking, partying, sports, working out , meeting new people, sleep , sex, going out , and everything I once enjoyed to get to my goals.

I constantly feel the need to be productive otherwise I feel as if I am wasting my life away. Seeing that

I only get 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night I know it is not good but I am busy. If I try to go to bed early I just end up staring at the ceiling and I just get up and go do something like homework or read ahead. I am a major perfectionist. I do lot of activities and to not feel guilty. Yes guilty, about sleeping more than a few hours very other night.

One would think well this guy is doing well, but it will not be enough I will still be hungry for more.
That being said to consider myself financially stable I have a job I love doing and make good money at.

Then I need two to three houses so I can have some rental prosperity's.

On top of that I want enough money to open a dunkin donuts franchise but you need 250k in cash and a net worth of 500k so if I wanted to I need to find the money.

Then going to start an online magazine or be a freelance writer in my free time. I like to write and want to write a book someday on how i made it from the bottom with noting and made a million bucks.

The desire to feel like I am not a loser drives me. I don't know if that's the healthiest thing—to be motivated by a fear of hating yourself, but it helps. When I'm feeling in a darker place, my perception is that everything sucks and even though I've done this, it seems I should have done more.

On the other and I want this great family life were we go do stuff as a family and take trips to London I have family over there Also want to go run with the bull in Spain, Victoria Falls in
Is a waterfall in southern Africa on the Zambezi River, Australia, Hong Kong, and the Netherlands to name a few.

I want to do a lot of thing as a family seeing that I did not have the opportunity to have this great family life. We did not do much as family dads worked two jobs 80 hours a week and mom worked part time. That is why I hate retail it kill the family it like we need you to give us everything and then go f yourself if you need time off to spend with your family.

Also I want to send my kids to private school and live in a nice neighborhood the houses are not cheap 250k if you want to live in the ghetto part of this town.

So can a guy have too much going on or can a guy have it all like what I posted above?

Btw I always been on the go and find it hard to relax. If I stay busy I get out of my head and the negative thoughts go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 09:32 AM

396 posts, read 1,854,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
On top of that I want enough money to open a dunkin donuts franchise but you need 250k in cash and a net worth of 500k so if I wanted to I need to find the money.
Why not open your own donut shop instead? Call it "Krieger's" after yourself. You'll get to be your own boss and keep all the profit. In a franchise you have corporate middle-men interfering and inspecting your busines routinely. They tell you what you can and cannot do. And a cut of your sales goes directly to corporate. Plus, if you open your own independent donut shop, there are no six-digit franchise fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
So can a guy have too much going on or can a guy have it all like what I posted above?
You have to find a compatible lady who's OK with your ambition & work schedule. Some will be. Some won't be. BUT You can have it all. Look at Mark Cuban, Damon John, Barbara Corcharan, and Kevin "Mr. Wonderful" O'Leary of the Shark Tank. They've got project after project going on.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky-Blue View Post
Why not open your own donut shop instead? Call it "Krieger's" after yourself. You'll get to be your own boss and keep all the profit. In a franchise you have corporate middle-men interfering and inspecting your busines routinely. They tell you what you can and cannot do. And a cut of your sales goes directly to corporate. Plus, if you open your own independent donut shop, there are no six-digit DD franchise fees.

You have to find a compatible lady who's OK with your work schedule. Many will be. Some won't be. You can have it all. Look at Mark Cuban, Damon John, Barbara Corcharan, and Kevin "Mr. Wonderful" O'Leary of the Shark Tank. They've got project after project going on.
I know i cant have it all but I do have to have something going on or depression will kick in and then i feel like have not done much.

There are no dunkin donuts up hear so I paying for a name. If i started my own it would be a lot more work for me.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:57 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,009,350 times
I think you are headed for a crash, unless you deal with your demons instead of running away from them.

At only a few hours of sleep a night, you are running the risk of ruining your health and becoming permanently disabled. No joke. I know someone this happened to.

Make time to see a therapist for a while before you think about dating.

When you do date, say, 'I am working my way through nursing school' instead of 'I work at walmart'.

If 38k a year is not enough for a single person to live on, either your spending is unreasonable or you should consider moving to a place where the COL is not insane.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:06 AM

29,763 posts, read 34,474,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
If 38k a year is not enough for a single person to live on, either your spending is unreasonable or you should consider moving to a place where the COL is not insane.
I was going to say. Outside of a handful of major cities with a high COL, that's a plenty comfortable income for a single person. And with regards to the DD franchise, they may not even be available in specific areas, so you shouldn't hang your hat on that dream without some research.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:11 AM

426 posts, read 559,638 times
whats wrong with being a door greeter for the largest retail giant in the world whose stock is 78 per share?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think you are headed for a crash, unless you deal with your demons instead of running away from them.

At only a few hours of sleep a night, you are running the risk of ruining your health and becoming permanently disabled. No joke. I know someone this happened to.

Make time to see a therapist for a while before you think about dating.

When you do date, say, 'I am working my way through nursing school' instead of 'I work at walmart'.

rent all around is 800 to1k if i want cheap rent i have to drive a hour to work one way.

single person can make it but have no savings and be very tight with there money and live in top ramen.

Even if i want to stay at my job there is no wear to move up and it not worth it if you did.

That is why i am going back to college to do something I am passionate about so i do not have to feel like a POS driving into work.I want a job that matters and makes difference it make me feel good.

38k will not feed a family and it is easier to make money all ready b4 you start one. I know woman can work but i want to be the bread winner so my woman can go work in any field she wants to or stay at home with the kids if she likes.

I am looking up therapist as we speak trying to find a good.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I was going to say. Outside of a handful of major cities with a high COL, that's a plenty comfortable income for a single person. And with regards to the DD franchise, they may not even be available in specific areas, so you shouldn't hang your hat on that dream without some research.
well at least I need to own two to three homes so I can make more money . There are other thing i can do to make money .

plenty comfortable income for a single person have only 100 bucks to my name at the end month is not comfortable living.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:51 AM

29,763 posts, read 34,474,741 times
What area of the country do you live in, if you don't mind saying?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,009,350 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships