Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,992,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I am looking up therapist as we speak trying to find a good.
Great! Congratulations! It is a step that takes courage .

Quote:
rent all around is 800 to1k if i want cheap rent i have to drive a hour to work one way.
What on earth do you spend the rest on? Is 38k before taxes? So, maybe 28k after? 12k for rent, 1200 to savings, and you manage to spend the remaining 15.8k = 1300 a month? On what???

Quote:
Even if i want to stay at my job there is no wear to move up and it not worth it if you did.
Ok.

Quote:
That is why i am going back to college to do something I am passionate about so i do not have to feel like a POS driving into work.I want a job that matters and makes difference it make me feel good.
Work you are passionate about is great, and a wise choice. Feeling lime POS in the meantime is not normal. Add the list of stuff to mention in therapy .

I am really glad you are making positive changes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 11:03 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What area of the country do you live in, if you don't mind saying?
Seattle area it not cheap I live 30 min drive from work one way.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Great! Congratulations! It is a step that takes courage .

What on earth do you spend the rest on? Is 38k before taxes? So, maybe 28k after? 12k for rent, 1200 to savings, and you manage to spend the remaining 15.8k = 1300 a month? On what???

I take home about 2,200 a month

Basic (Electricity, Heating, Water, Garbage) 150 to 180 a month
Gas 100 bucks a month
food 100 bucks a month
car insurance 100 bucks a month
car payment 200 a month
credit card 50 bucks a month (only have 1k on it)
college 400 a month pay out of pocket
The rest goes into retirement and savings.

Work you are passionate about is great, and a wise choice. Feeling lime POS in the meantime is not normal. Add the list of stuff to mention in therapy .

I am really glad you are making positive changes!
thanks, I wish i was not so hard on myself .

Last edited by krieger00; 07-28-2013 at 11:30 AM..

Old 07-28-2013, 11:50 AM

396 posts, read 1,851,436 times
Quote:
There are no dunkin donuts up hear so I paying for a name. If i started my own it would be a lot more work for me.
Your OP says you want to be ambitious.

Quote:
Seattle area it not cheap I live 30 min drive from work one way.
Your Seattle Dunkin Donuts would be up against Starbucks and all the coffee houses. You've got to find a unique way to stay competitive, but DD corporate policies will limit what you can do.

I've read about VooDoo Donuts. Have you heard about them? VooDoo Donuts is an independent business down the freeway from you in Portland. This place has customer lined up out the door (see pic). I've never seen anyone lined up like that for a Dunkin Donuts. VooDoo Donuts are creative! (pics from Google)
Attached Thumbnails
How important is it for a guy to be  motivated and ambitious?-voodoo-donuts.png   How important is it for a guy to be  motivated and ambitious?-voodoo.png   How important is it for a guy to be  motivated and ambitious?-voodoo-donut.png   How important is it for a guy to be  motivated and ambitious?-voodoo-doughnut.png  

Old 07-28-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky-Blue View Post

Your Seattle Dunkin Donuts would be up against Starbucks and all the coffee houses. You've got to find a unique way to stay competitive, but DD corporate policies will severely limit what you can do.

I've read about VooDoo Donuts. Have you heard about them? VooDoo Donuts is independent donut business down the freeway from you in Portland. This place has customer lined up out the door (see pic). I've never seen anyone lined up like that for a Dunkin Donuts. VooDoo Donuts are creative! (pics from Google)

I plan on doing this on top of working as a nurse . Most nurses work three 12 shifts one day off three more 12 hour shifts then 7 days off. Or you do three 12 hour shifts and 4 days off. I want to do some thing to make extra money in my free time.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:03 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:

Your Seattle Dunkin Donuts would be up against Starbucks and all the coffee houses. You've got to find a unique way to stay competitive, but DD corporate policies will limit what you can do.
)
And if you take a look at DD's website, they're not even offering franchises in the Pacific Northwest What's Available | Dunkin' Donuts Franchising so you'll need a Plan B.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:05 PM

396 posts, read 1,851,436 times
Quote:
I plan on doing this on top of working as a nurse . Most nurses work three 12 shifts one day off three more 12 hour shifts then 7 days off. Or you do three 12 hour shifts and 4 days off. I want to do some thing to make extra money in my free time.
Most corporations that franchise will want you to be involved with the store on a regular basis. There is a vetting process. Not everyone with money can buy a franchise. Sounds like an independent donut shop will fit your life plans better. You get to be the boss and decide when (and if) you'll come in.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Most corporations that franchise will want you to be involved with the store a certain minimum number of hours a week. There is a vetting process. Not everyone with money can buy a franchise. Sounds like an independent donut shop will fit your life plans better. You get to be the boss and decide when (and if) you'll come in.
I have to find some thing weather it is a business or just buying a second house to rent out and try to start a property rental business.I might just start an online magazine I have a few good ideas and I like to write.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:22 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,992,608 times
OK, it was the car payment and insurance, and the tuition that I was not expecting. Next time, buy a used car that you can afford to pay cash for.

And why do you have to pay tuition? No pell grants and work study?

Quote:
VooDoo Donuts is an independent business down the freeway from you in Portland. This place has customer lined up out the door
I can attest to this.

Quote:
I have to find some thing weather it is a business or just buying a second house to rent out and try to start a property rental business.I might just start an online magazine I have a few good ideas and I like to write.
Yes. Make sure you research the local market. In many areas, owning a rental will cost you more per month than you can make in rent. Like, $1000 more. It varies a lot by location.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:30 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,022 times
wait, have you started nursing school yet or are you getting pre-recs out of the way or something?

because as far as i can tell dating for a guy in nursing school is like shooting fish in a barrel

i don't understand why you'd be uncomfortable just saying "i'm in nursing school and working part time" if they ask what you do. nothing to be ashamed of there

Last edited by OdysseusNY; 07-28-2013 at 05:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships