Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:45 AM

752 posts, read 1,165,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post

yet they wont date someone who isnt white which is very odd. and they keep saying "theres no good men left!!" and thats putting it mildly. some girls on that site are very bold and overly racist.

I do not want date nonwhite girls and I'm not racist. Why we do not have right to love ours? Black can say he want only black women, Indian and Chinese too, only we can't say it. Even better you all non white can mix how much you want, and any one white who want join you can go.

To answer op question. I get contacted from 50+ regulary at dating sites. IRL I date a 34 years old near or perfect athletic build. Dating sites useless for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 08:53 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times
I wouldn't have the slightest interest in a girl that desires a "country boy" (my experience is that girls that want this kind of guy aren't the brightest, no offense), and I'm the type that slings arrows at deer and has about 20 pounds of fillets from various species of freshwater fish in the freezer.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:55 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,910 times
Yes, we get it. Single moms are awful people. Now let's make fun of fat people!

Old 07-29-2013, 12:28 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,501,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I live in Southern California and I have used POF before but it seems that most of the women are single moms looking for someone to take care of them and their kids and most of them live in the High Desert. Just looking at their profiles can be a huge turn off since they all seem to want a guy who's god Brad Pitt looks and Brad Pitt's money yet they themselves look like the latest addition to the people of Wal-Mart website.
Well, that and it's easy for a chick to be picky when her social life consists of staying home with the kid, taking selfies of herself so she can stack them on her profile that receives WAY too many messages for what it is...when in the real world, she'd be ignored all day long and run home to crawl under her bed curled up in the fetal position.

I can only imagine how bad it is in the desert. You see where I live and >80% of the chicks I just clicked on in the other tab in the 18-30 range (no kids, either) only can demonstrate that they can take head shot pics of themselves in the mirror or laying in bed or of their car in the driveway to show some inherent self-worth. There is a lot to do in a town of five million folks besides hole up in the back room of your parents house and take stupid pics all day long. I'd sincerely hate to see how forever alone socially awkward the guys are who respond to these women.

I know POF finally got around to making a video for women on how to make a good profile (that Sara chick is hot, btw), but somewhere I think they skipped out on just not coming across as a loser. (In B4 "guys do it, too", because I don't look at them...)

Old 07-29-2013, 12:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Yes, we get it. Single moms are awful people. Now let's make fun of fat people!
I've always thought it was funny that apparently 100% of the women who do online dating are fat single moms. All of them. I have a feeling these guys are overlooking plenty of possible matches because they aren't pretty enough or maybe aren't showing enough cleavage in their pictures to grab their attention.

Of course, at least the women have the courage to say they're single Moms unlike the men who hide their children and pretend they don't exist.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:30 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've always thought it was funny that apparently 100% of the women who do online dating are fat single moms. All of them.

to be fair -- that is definitely a thing.. but you're mixing up some of the nuances of it ..

yes, there are scads of fat women online. and yes, there are a lot of single moms. however, they aren't always the same group of people.

one of the first things i noticed when i started online dating years ago, was how there are actually a lot of very good looking single moms on those sites.

Quote:
I have a feeling these guys are overlooking plenty of possible matches because they aren't pretty enough or maybe aren't showing enough cleavage in their pictures to grab their attention.
IMO the problem is more about women who refuse to show a full-body picture.

you're a guy, deciding who to write to -- say you're going to fire off 2 or 3 messages to people, and you have a certain amount of time you want to spend reading profiles and writing to those people. If you choose to write the "unknown body type" profile, your chances of wasting your time are VERY high. It's not like flipping a coin, it's more like buying a powerball lottery ticket.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:54 PM

71 posts, read 91,209 times
One of my buddies has had massive amounts of success on POF because he puts literally no effort into his messages so that he can message a ton of girls. Most girls won't respond but then he'll get the occasional girl who will respond and he'll spark up a conversation from there.

It's actually a smart tactic because girls get hundreds of messages a day. If they find you at all attractive, they'll message you back. It's as simple as that. Don't waste your time writing out novel-sized personalized messages. If you can't think of something witty within the first 30 seconds of looking at their profile, message them saying "cutie" like my buddy does.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateguy8 View Post
One of my buddies has had massive amounts of success on POF because he puts literally no effort into his messages so that he can message a ton of girls. Most girls won't respond but then he'll get the occasional girl who will respond and he'll spark up a conversation from there.

It's actually a smart tactic because girls get hundreds of messages a day. If they find you at all attractive, they'll message you back. It's as simple as that. Don't waste your time writing out novel-sized personalized messages. If you can't think of something witty within the first 30 seconds of looking at their profile, message them saying "cutie" like my buddy does.
i bet you could write a software program that does this automatically. just goes and scans every profile, looks for certain keywords, and asks a default question based on those keywords.

in the context of "plenty of fish", it'd be like setting out a trot line

you could come back later and see what your bot snagged

Old 07-29-2013, 02:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
to be fair -- that is definitely a thing.. but you're mixing up some of the nuances of it ..

yes, there are scads of fat women online. and yes, there are a lot of single moms. however, they aren't always the same group of people.

one of the first things i noticed when i started online dating years ago, was how there are actually a lot of very good looking single moms on those sites.

IMO the problem is more about women who refuse to show a full-body picture.

you're a guy, deciding who to write to -- say you're going to fire off 2 or 3 messages to people, and you have a certain amount of time you want to spend reading profiles and writing to those people. If you choose to write the "unknown body type" profile, your chances of wasting your time are VERY high. It's not like flipping a coin, it's more like buying a powerball lottery ticket.
Then ask them for a full body picture after you've written them a message, or ignore the ones who don't have a full body picture and move on. If you're online dating you obviously aren't that great looking or successful dating in the first place and beggars really can't be choosers. Yes, this goes for someone like me as well who has zero luck dating IRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateguy8 View Post

Maybe the top 10% of hot women get hundreds of messages a day...I got maybe a few a week. Max. Try going after the 'not top 10% hottest' and you'd probably get a better response.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then ask them for a full body picture after you've written them a message
i've tried this. not asking, necessarily, but finding out one way or another.

the odds are not good, i'll put it that way. they certainly aren't good enough to spend time reading through those profiles.

women obviously aren't stupid; they don't know that men are attracted to body size and shape. IMO, people who do not show what their body looks like are making that decision consciously, for a reason, and it seems to be out of shame or embarassment.

Quote:
or ignore the ones who don't have a full body picture and move on.
that's exactly what i do

Quote:
If you're online dating you obviously aren't that great looking or successful dating in the first place and beggars really can't be choosers. Yes, this goes for someone like me as well who has zero luck dating IRL.
well, i may not look like the guy i used to, but i don't consider myself a beggar.

one of the issues i have with online dating is that i can, and do, attract much higher-quality women whenever i get out in the social world and talk to people. without this critical perspective, i might actually believe some of the suggestions i read on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships