Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:34 PM

7,457 posts, read 4,693,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
What is the probability they would be married....

...if he made $55K a year?
Maybe $85K will do the trick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 07:44 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
LoL If he's , I am not interested. Not looking for a sugar daddy but someone to connect with!

Sigh, I like your argument and example, that actually makes me very happy. But it's the start of my career. I mean if I flirt and he doesn't like me, then I'll be embarrassed. Not to mention, my office has a lot of drama already without my help and I would be hurting his job too. So that's ....I am thinking of leaving this place in 2 years. Perhaps I will tell him then
It may not be necessary as you may have an SO or be married by then.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:53 PM

429 posts, read 1,148,615 times
I think you're wise not to pursue this, not because he's younger, but because you work with him. It's not fair to create an uncomfortable work environment for him simply because he happens to be perfect!

Old 08-01-2013, 07:56 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
I think you're wise not to pursue this, not because he's younger, but because you work with him. It's not fair to create an uncomfortable work environment for him simply because he happens to be perfect!
Try "older".

Old 08-01-2013, 09:05 PM

818 posts, read 917,880 times
what you have is most likely just a "crush" . It will pass with time.
I had the opposite ... a while back. I came very close to asking out someone I have known for a few years, that is actually... by coincidence 17 years younger than me . ( we both are over 30 ) ( no I'm not your boss LOL )
Like you I knew it was wrong and would never last , so why waste the time... I'm sure your boss would be flattered tho....

Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Try "older".
hate much?

poh-tay-tose, poh-ta-tose

Last edited by nokiddin; 08-01-2013 at 09:20 PM..

Old 08-01-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
Sigh, I like your argument and example, that actually makes me very happy. But it's the start of my career. I mean if I flirt and he doesn't like me, then I'll be embarrassed. Not to mention, my office has a lot of drama already without my help and I would be hurting his job too. So that's ....I am thinking of leaving this place in 2 years. Perhaps I will tell him then

how old are you? (generally)

and have you ever stayed at work as long as he has? any chance for working late and ordering chineese food delivered at the office? Do you ever ask if he could use any help on his business trips ("I'm very good at logistics!"), or "I've never been to NYC! Wanna go so bad"?

single bosses, owners, managers, supervisors, or men of any stature are always looking for quality and enjoyable help

Old 08-01-2013, 09:30 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
your work jingles will pass with time, OP.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Oh, I have the exact same problem... in fact, I just posted about it a few minutes ago.

The man I feel for is 14-years older and he's completely single, but I am not his type. The funny thing was he was just a friend and then he started paying me extra attention... I don't think he meant to, but he ended up winning over my heart. He would do things like take me out to dinners, walk with his arm around me, give me long more than just friendly hugs, and he'd walk with me placing his hand on the small of my back. He took me for a long nighttime walk on the beach (I know, cliche... but I loved it). He lives a bit of a distance from me, so I only see him ever couple of months. I stay at his house when I do and he's very casual with me too. Doesn't even close his bedroom door. To me, these all screamed he had an interest in me.

He was so kind to me, so much a gentleman and treated me so well... and I thought he had an interest in me that I fell for him.

Well, last time I was out there he tried to set me up with another man. Told this man all about me and introduced me to him. This man was closer to my age. He was a nice guy, but we really weren't interested in each other. And I was kind of bummed in general anyway.

I am still trying to get over a love that never was. It kills me sometimes. I'll feel like I am getting over him and then he sends me a message about my next visit telling me how much he can't wait to see me again and that he has plans for us. I read into it and my emotional side kicks in even though my logical brain knows it's not what I think it is.

Anyway, I think it just takes time. I had a guy friend tell me I just needed to find a man to rock my world in bed to make me forget all about my friend. He said, "if I didn't have a girl friend, I'd help you out!" lol... he's a joker. But I wonder if he's right. It's part of the reason I am trying so hard to find someone (but at the same time why my heart isn't in it because I still like my other friend so much).

Hang in there! You aren't alone.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Oh, I have the exact same problem... in fact, I just posted about it a few minutes ago.

The man I feel for is 14-years older and he's completely single, but I am not his type. The funny thing was he was just a friend and then he started paying me extra attention... I don't think he meant to, but he ended up winning over my heart. He would do things like take me out to dinners, walk with his arm around me, give me long more than just friendly hugs, and he'd walk with me placing his hand on the small of my back. He took me for a long nighttime walk on the beach (I know, cliche... but I loved it). He lives a bit of a distance from me, so I only see him ever couple of months. I stay at his house when I do and he's very casual with me too. Doesn't even close his bedroom door. To me, these all screamed he had an interest in me.

He was so kind to me, so much a gentleman and treated me so well... and I thought he had an interest in me that I fell for him.

Well, last time I was out there he tried to set me up with another man. Told this man all about me and introduced me to him. This man was closer to my age. He was a nice guy, but we really weren't interested in each other. And I was kind of bummed in general anyway.

I am still trying to get over a love that never was. It kills me sometimes. I'll feel like I am getting over him and then he sends me a message about my next visit telling me how much he can't wait to see me again and that he has plans for us. I read into it and my emotional side kicks in even though my logical brain knows it's not what I think it is.

Anyway, I think it just takes time. I had a guy friend tell me I just needed to find a man to rock my world in bed to make me forget all about my friend. He said, "if I didn't have a girl friend, I'd help you out!" lol... he's a joker. But I wonder if he's right. It's part of the reason I am trying so hard to find someone (but at the same time why my heart isn't in it because I still like my other friend so much).

Hang in there! You aren't alone.
Lots to say, but to cut to the chase: you're convenient entertainment. It is also possibly he is working up another "keeper". Sometimes guys who are near to proposing or near a final decision as to "I'm gonna commit to her" do a "lets see how my fishing skills and luck is at my age" tour.

if you really want him, start dating other guys and "having a great time"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships