Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,548,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hahaha.

Op are you sexting me now?

Oh sorry I left that on.
IDK, I think sexting is more carnal, no strings attached, but it's different in an LTR or marriage.

Obviously if a single guy goes to sexting quickly, it's a turn-off/don't pass go for the prospective date/gf.

How about:

sexting=horny texting (pics, booty calls) and date texting (dexting?)=husband/wife potential

SELF-DISCLOSURE: I am definitely guilty of going for sexting when I figure out dexting is a dead end. What's a guy gotta lose at that point, he's already been rejected, so WTF!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 09:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
IDK, I think sexting is more carnal, no strings attached, but it's different in an LTR or marriage.

Obviously if a single guy goes to sexting quickly, it's a turn-off/don't pass go for the prospective date/gf.
Very true you aren't kiddin.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 PM

37,649 posts, read 46,067,796 times
Quote:
yeah, yeah, sexting is a whole 'nother thread topic, so I'm just talking dating, not booty calls or ONS. Really trying to making someone your bf or gf.

Thanks!
Relationships are not built via texting. Save it for short communications that have no chance of being misinterpreted.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,672,043 times
Quote:

Here's my perspective: 40s/social/moderate texting good for directions/data/info, but not dependable unless your are bf/gf, never drunk text."

Agree.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:06 AM

688 posts, read 898,089 times
I never really understood the whole texting issue and the constant posts about whether it's okay or not.

Do people only communicate via text or something? That I could see as an issue, but why would anyone do that? Who actually does that?

I text my fiance all the time and have since we started dating. We also talk on the phone and see each other plenty. What exactly is the issue? It's a pleasant convenience to communication without having to stop all that you're doing to sit and have a conversation. (perfect for work days)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships