Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 12:38 AM

491 posts, read 569,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
THIS! This is all it takes! So simple, and yet so unattainable for so many!
Why is it wrong to sleep with women when not in a relationship? Doesn't that mean the women is sleeping with him if he's sleeping with her? Or did she have no control of herself? He also proved looks matter because he works out. He may not be a model, but since he works out which means he probably looks better then the average man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 12:42 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUncle View Post
Ha it will not get you women at all. I will tell you this, I am no super model guy, or have 2 mill, but I work out 6 days a weeks, and I am a true nice guy. I tell you what it sure pays off in the ladies department.

PSSS good ole chivalry, and being a nice guy that takes care of him self goes the distance.
THIS is the important part. In case you couldn't tell...

Old 08-03-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
"I married him for his sophmoric sense of humor!"
He's good-looking. She may have married him for his looks. And maybe he has a sweet side. How would we know? That's a pretty sophomoric photo caption.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
THIS is the important part. In case you couldn't tell...
Chivalry is dead because it's sexist towards women. It treats women as though they are weak and don't have rights which we know is a lie now. He's a man that works out and women want to sleep with him. Sure he doesn't sleep with them, but he could. He doesn't because of his upbringing, but lets be real most men who get lots of women sleep with them. Just like hot women choose to sleep with powerful men over average ones.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Chivalry is dead because it's sexist towards women.
Missed the point again. He said he's a genuinely nice guy, and that's what attracts women.

Oh well.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Missed the point again. He said he's a genuinely nice guy, and that's what attracts women.

Oh well.
So you erased the rest of my points because you couldn't answer them. News flash: All nice guys say they are genuinely nice guys. They say things you want to hear. Nice guys attract single mothers and fat women. Bad boys attract hot young women. That's why you hear about a woman's exboyfriend being a jerk, or an ass, or other names. You know. Back when she was hot.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
So you erased the rest of my points because you couldn't answer them.
Nope. You were doing a riff on chivalry, but his post wasn't about chivalry, per se. It's not about opening doors, etc. It's about being a good person, and treating people well. And of course, that's reciprocal. But you're the guy who believes that the only thing people bring to the table is money, sex and chores. So it's not surprising that this part of the discussion is over your head. :-/

Old 08-03-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Nope. You were doing a riff on chivalry, but his post wasn't about chivalry, per se. It's not about opening doors, etc. It's about being a good person, and treating people well. And of course, that's reciprocal. But you're the guy who believes that the only thing people bring to the table is money, sex and chores. So it's not surprising that this part of the discussion is over your head. :-/
He mentions chivalry in his response. If she doesn't bring money, sex, or chores what does she bring? Seriously, answer, unless you're going to say 'its over my head' or something like that. I mentioned treating people equally, but you didn't say what women should do. Men should be chivalrous ( even thought women are equal ) so what should women do? And it's funny you didn't refute my history commments.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:18 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,525 times
Quote:
He may not be a model, but since he works out which means he probably looks better then the average man.
But that's the thing. Working out is something most ANY guy can do. 3 years ago I was 5'10" and 165lbs but like a "skinny fat" after taking 2 years off lifting from being stressed for work.

Now, I'm 210 lbs with a very low BF. I'm in fantastic shape. My face is not killer by aby means and I met girls before. Once I got in good shape it did still make a big difference. That's something ANY guy can do. No blaming that on anyone but themselves.

As to chivalry, it's grossly underestimated. I have had tons of girls comment how nice it was when I opened the car door for them etc. Not to mention, the way you treat strangers while youre with a woman as well. Holding the door open for the elderly couple behind you. Being friendly with cashiers, waiters/waitresses, etc. Making people smile is one of the most comforting things about interacting with other people in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-03-2013, 08:34 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,124,834 times
Quote:
The OP's point is: how would anyone know you have the money in the first place? How would a woman be able to pick out a guy in a crowd or a bar or anywhere, as the one who has a big bank account? There's no way to know. So it's really not a factor in which guys women choose. Unless women somehow gain access to exclusive country clubs just to target the big fish.
Some do exactly that.

But I can give you an example from my personal life:

A few years ago I tried online dating when I moved to a town I didn't know anyone at, and I'd get fired from my internship if I dated anyone there.

I'm told I'm not a bad looking guy, and since I was there for a limited amount of time I wasn't looking for anything serious. I didn't do badly.

I'd mentioned motorcycle riding in my profile, but after a while I decided to try a little experiment.
I added a picture of me to the ones which were already there. This one showed me on my BMW motorcycle...
Now it's actually cheaper than many Harley's... But someone who doesn't know bikes wouldn't know that....

I was AMAZED at how much 'sudden interest' I had!

From then on.... I kept it up

My answer: women know/can find out. Might be your confidence, might be the way you don't fret over the check, might be that they check out your clothes, or your vehicle.... But they know.

Little things like the above are too prevalent/obvious not to be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships