Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 01:57 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,926,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
You are probably right. One of the reasons the girl dumped me is because I'm a 32 year old male who lives with parents and doesn't have my career together.

Even roommates in LA are expensive like around $800-$900 a month to rent a room.

I will wait until I can afford my own apartment. I'm better off living at my parents 6 bedroom house in a safe area with a indoor parking garage for my car rather than renting a room with strangers for $800-$900 a month.
Finding an asperger woman to date would be terrific. They are impossible to find if they even exist. But I require that whoever I date must have good hygene, drive a car and possible have a 4 year degree from a university.

Dating someone who doesn't drive is a problem. Someone who stinks is also gross!!

If a woman with aspergers would date me that would be terrific.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:33 AM

728 posts, read 1,900,147 times
Quote:
Finding an asperger woman to date would be terrific. They are impossible to find if they even exist. But I require that whoever I date must have good hygene, drive a car and possible have a 4 year degree from a university.

Dating someone who doesn't drive is a problem. Someone who stinks is also gross!!

If a woman with aspergers would date me that would be terrific.
So now you are requiring a woman to have a college degree before she's good enough to date you? Really?

The solution to living on your own is quite simple. CA is notorious for being expensive to live in and also for having some of the most shallow, materialistic women in the country. Do yourself a favor and move to another state. Even if you found another retail job in a much lower cost of living state such as Oregon you can still afford to have our own place. I've lived in Oregon and have met women from other states before and for some reason it seems that girls NOT born and raised in CA are much more down to earth and look for men based on WHO they are and not so much on what they do or drive or where they live. Leaving the nest is going to be hard but trust me when I say that it will be the best decision you could ever make. You are still young enough to start a new life somewhere so do it!

Old 08-04-2013, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
So now you are requiring a woman to have a college degree before she's good enough to date you? Really?

The solution to living on your own is quite simple. CA is notorious for being expensive to live in and also for having some of the most shallow, materialistic women in the country. Do yourself a favor and move to another state. Even if you found another retail job in a much lower cost of living state such as Oregon you can still afford to have our own place. I've lived in Oregon and have met women from other states before and for some reason it seems that girls NOT born and raised in CA are much more down to earth and look for men based on WHO they are and not so much on what they do or drive or where they live. Leaving the nest is going to be hard but trust me when I say that it will be the best decision you could ever make. You are still young enough to start a new life somewhere so do it!
Five years ago I was in Portland,Oregon and noticed a much different world than LA,CA area. In Portland I saw many many older cars and the people I thought were real people. In LA even white fat unnatractive woman are superficial and picky. It makes no sense.

In the Portland superb called Beaverton I found apartments the a person working at mccdonalds can afford.

For many years I have wanted to move to Portland,Seattle, Las Vegas or Denver.

My parents don't want me to move out of town. So I'm stuck here in LA.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:49 AM

238 posts, read 696,306 times
Quote:
I'm better off living at my parents 6 bedroom house in a safe area with a indoor parking garage for my car rather than renting a room with strangers for $800-$900 a month.
Why do you believe you are better off living with your folks than getting an apartment?

Think about this, strangers become friends. You have to interact with strangers in order to build up to relationships with others - friendships, acquaintances, significant others, etc.

Yes, the cost of housing is expensive. (This is true in most large cities.) To be honest, $800-$900 a month per person is not really that bad. Back east, people can pay upwards of $1,200 - $1,500 each for a decent not high-end apartment. Find an area that is of your liking (maybe you have to live farther out to get cheaper rent) and go from there. I was commuting a full hour each way during my first job out of college so I could live somewhere nice with a decent price. As I progressed in my career I was able to live in higher-end apartments much closer to the city. You have to start somewhere - mooching off of your parents for 10 years is not helping you... It is hurting you. Make some sacrifices, become humble, and go live YOUR life separate from your parents.

I also read your comment regarding your parents wanting you to stay in LA. Your parents do not control your life - you do. You are your own person. Separate those financial ties and go live your life.

Whatever you have been doing for the past several years has not been working for you, correct? Start taking the advice from those on here (not just what I'm saying) and formulate an action plan. Take ownership of your life and start living it.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:23 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
First, leave the girl alone ("Is there anyway I can get this woman back??"). It's over, accept that, move on.

Others have mentioned that going to the gym and getting into shape is a good start.

You say "I don't want to date woman who are gold diggers". How are you qualified to judge a woman's intentions given your lack of social awareness? Don't worry about 'gold diggers'.

Perhaps you should proof read your POF page:

"I am a collage graduate."

Old 08-04-2013, 11:47 AM

50,807 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Did you watch my YouTube videos?? The girl I date doesn't have to have aspergers. Hopefully in much much less than 3 years from now I will have found someone.
I hadn't before and just did. I agree you seem to have a mild form, but then again you say you can't get a job because you come off as "strange" to employers, so I'm assuming these small clips don't give an accurate picture. You do seem to lack understanding of social norms just by the thread topic and your anger towards this woman. For instance do you at all understand why the emotionally intense letters you sent to that woman would have chased her off? Do you understand how inappropriate it is to be talking about love after 2 dates? Does your therapist give you any guidance on things like this? maybe you would do better with a life coach?

Old 08-04-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I hadn't before and just did. I agree you seem to have a mild form, but then again you say you can't get a job because you come off as "strange" to employers, so I'm assuming these small clips don't give an accurate picture. You do seem to lack understanding of social norms just by the thread topic and your anger towards this woman. For instance do you at all understand why the emotionally intense letters you sent to that woman would have chased her off? Do you understand how inappropriate it is to be talking about love after 2 dates? Does your therapist give you any guidance on things like this? maybe you would do better with a life coach?
I didn't know the emotionally intense letters was going to scare her. Also didnt know that it was wrong to talk about love after the first date.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
First, leave the girl alone ("Is there anyway I can get this woman back??"). It's over, accept that, move on.

Others have mentioned that going to the gym and getting into shape is a good start.

You say "I don't want to date woman who are gold diggers". How are you qualified to judge a woman's intentions given your lack of social awareness? Don't worry about 'gold diggers'.

Perhaps you should proof read your POF page:

"I am a collage graduate."
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm going to have it say college graduate

Old 08-04-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post

Maybe I shouldn't require that the next girl I date have a college degree

Old 08-04-2013, 05:57 PM

50,807 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
I didn't know the emotionally intense letters was going to scare her. Also didnt know that it was wrong to talk about love after the first date.
That is why I suggested reading some books like Mars/Venus on a Date, etc. Did the articles I linked earlier on dating with Aspergers offer any helpful tips?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.