Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 03:42 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,930,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish Thompson View Post
I don't understand the connection either. You met her online. 2 months ago. I think YOU fooled yourself rather than she fooled you. You seem to be acting out of desperation rather than with a purpose. Learn to be happy with who you are and everything else will fall into place.
Maybe I was desperate and should move onto other fish in the sea.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:52 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,757,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Maybe I was desperate and should move onto other fish in the sea.
The day that you actually do something constructive with your life rather than talking about it will be quite eventful.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:00 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,832,349 times
What does a "therapist" have to do with your love life? What woman wants a guy who has to check in with some professional and get advice on how to proceed. It makes you look troubled - weak and problematic...Looks like technology double crossed you. Texting is modern I know but just as with other digital communication - It is dangerous and people almost always misunderstand a message. In the future - communicate personally face to face -- or by phone...and keep "therapists" out of any future relationships- You are an adult now.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What does a "therapist" have to do with your love life? What woman wants a guy who has to check in with some professional and get advice on how to proceed. It makes you look troubled - weak and problematic...Looks like technology double crossed you. Texting is modern I know but just as with other digital communication - It is dangerous and people almost always misunderstand a message. In the future - communicate personally face to face -- or by phone...and keep "therapists" out of any future relationships- You are an adult now.
Probably this girl knowing that I see a therapist 2-3 times per week scared her and made her wonder about me. She would text me several times a day and ask me what I'm doing. I would tell her the truth.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:40 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,298,021 times
Quote:
There arent any $1,000 a month apartments near me that are in safe areas of town. I don't want a woman who is only looking for money.
It's not about looking at you for money, but wanting someone in the same situation as you. Most women are going to be wary about the guy in his 30's with no job, living home with his parents. Some women won't care mind you, but they often are younger, and not really interested in settling down either. Or that like the idea of an older man taking an interest in them enough that they won't care.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:49 PM

Heres the thing about online dating. Most people are not just talking to one person at a time. It's pretty common for people to get a few interesting people to chat with, and go out with all of them until they find the one they like most. As for why she doesn't want to date anymore, who can say. It's best to just move on though.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:02 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,203,897 times
Quote:
I didn't know the emotionally intense letters was going to scare her. Also didnt know that it was wrong to talk about love after the first date.
Well now you do... so don't ever make that mistake again.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I didn't know the emotionally intense letters was going to scare her. Also didnt know that it was wrong to talk about love after the first date.
Most people are going to be a bit put off by that so soon into a relationship. If she is just getting to know you, and you do that it is likely to scare her off.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Heres the thing about online dating. Most people are not just talking to one person at a time. It's pretty common for people to get a few interesting people to chat with, and go out with all of them until they find the one they like most. As for why she doesn't want to date anymore, who can say. It's best to just move on though.
I wonder if this woman was dating 5 other people at the same time as me? Another think that was strange is she wanted to meet me Saturday afternoons instead of Saturday night. The first date was on a Sunday night at 5pm for an early dinner. The second date was for frozen Yogart wednessday at 6:30pm.

Some of my friends think that after she saw me for these two dates that she had plans with other guys??

She told me that she is an early bird and doesn't stay out late.

As she is a 26 year old woman is that possible??

Old 08-11-2013, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well now you do... so don't ever make that mistake again.
Every experience is a learning experience. That is if I get a next time with a girl sooner than 3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.