Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:07 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,248,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
You like them bad boys, huh?
He's actually a full time fireman. With a naughty streak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:07 PM

491 posts, read 570,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Ha! I bet mines the best.

He got arrested and then after I'd run around getting lawyers, his door fixed (popo smashed in) and lying for him in court regarding where he lives (with me - lie) so he could get bail...he then accused me of spying on him and asked me how long I'd been working for the cops.

I kid you not.
Men should be criminals. They get way more female support than good guys.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:09 PM

727 posts, read 1,534,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Ha! I bet mines the best.

He got arrested and then after I'd run around getting lawyers, his door fixed (popo smashed in) and lying for him in court regarding where he lives (with me - lie) so he could get bail...he then accused me of spying on him and asked me how long I'd been working for the cops.

I kid you not.

The Simpsons - Man Getting Hit By Football - YouTube

Old 08-03-2013, 08:15 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,235,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
did you ever think,,that maybe she's had a string of losers,,,and letting you know in a nice up front way...what she wont tolerate from you,,,(or any future guy) under the guise of x boyfriends

sometimes the ex boyfriend card is played,,,,to get messages across -upfront,,,
No.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,624,388 times
The reason is pretty much always no sexual attraction.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:19 PM

728 posts, read 1,901,097 times
I dated a gal that was a dispatcher for the sheriff's department. On our first date she would casually tell me how everyone sleeps with everyone at her work. She didn't hesitate to tell me she has probably slept or done something with every sheriff in the county, married or not. That was a deal breaker.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:36 PM

15 posts, read 11,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I dated a gal that was a dispatcher for the sheriff's department. On our first date she would casually tell me how everyone sleeps with everyone at her work. She didn't hesitate to tell me she has probably slept or done something with every sheriff in the county, married or not. That was a deal breaker.
Women love power. It's simple right?

Old 08-03-2013, 09:39 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,168,099 times
Quote:
My last date spent the first date talking about the ex-boyfriend. Too many women seem to do this these days, sigh... Not the first time this happened either.
There were certain differences that at some point I couldn't get pass and the relationship can get stale after a long while, esp if we don't see it moving forwards towards more and feel string along.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:46 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,376,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I'm not sure on the subject of your topic.

What you wrote above doesn't have anything to do with a "break-up." It was just a date.

Do you mean the last date that didn't work out?
That's exactly what I was wondering, thanks for making clear
the OP seemed unclear-it confused me, too.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:54 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,376,930 times
Quote:
My last date spent the first date talking about the ex-boyfriend. Too many women seem to do this these days, sigh... Not the first time this happened either.
Your subject line asks why I broke up with last person, but I haven't been the person doing the breaking up for decades,
it's been me who got broken up with.

To the issue in the post itself-I'm sure if taken to excess, ex talk can be a turn-off, "failed date".
However, I do touch briefly on it when asked (and I have been asked) about my divorce or my last LTR.

As far as the few guys I've met via online dating, I don't consider those "break-ups", I consider them "non-starters".
None of them were due to a guy talking about his ex, we just weren't attracted to nor interested in each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships