Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 11:18 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times

Advertisements

So, surprising feedback from my thread on Cougar rescue of adult male virgins: adult males virgins appear to be a royal turnoff to most experienced women.

why is it that we have a cultural perception that female virgins are an "attractive" class of women yet male virgins are not?

But admittedly, and at least from my perspective, the older the female virgin the less "attraction" there is, and where i also suspect so other issues are going on. i guess same could be said of guys/men.

What I'm also discovering is that if you don't get laid before you 18yos (both men and women), you begin to foreclose opportunities to develop socially, at least in that dimension. So still being a virgin at 20, 25, 30,... starts to "out of sync" with the experience of most ppl, or socially awkward. And I know religion and values play a role, but I'm just make observations.

thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 11:35 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
I do not think age really helps a male virgin any, althuogh sometimes I suspect the degree of negative impact does get overplayed too.

In a way, I am not sure I fully believe the opposite is true of a female virgin as she gets older. The attractivness of a female virgin IMO is a stereotype tied to old (ancient) beliefs, desires, or motivations of men who want women who are young, fertile, and do not have children.

Having zero sexual experience after a certain age of adulthood is going to look like a social red flag by many, whether male or female.

(That said, I would not place the age break at 18, or 20, or maybe even 25...

Old 08-06-2013, 11:37 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,985,374 times
on what planet is that surprising feedback?

least of all on planet CDR...

Old 08-06-2013, 11:39 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
In a way, I am not sure I fully believe the opposite is true of a female virgin as she gets older. The attractivness of a female virgin IMO is a stereotype tied to old (ancient) beliefs, desires, or motivations of men who want women who are young, fertile, and do not have children.
It also plays into the belief that women are physically tainted by sex. A virgin is "pure."

Old 08-06-2013, 11:40 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It also plays into the belief that women are physically tainted by sex. A virgin is "pure."
Yes thats very true, and also is something that becomes apparent in CD threads as well. How many folks have posted about a woman's number, and how after a certain point they would have no interest due to nothing more than that number.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:49 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
Better late than never. But first you have to believe you have something to offer and then you have us that aspect of your personality to get what you want. Have you considered a sex therapist to get you over those two hurdles? Believe me, there are a lot of non-virgin women out there who have no idea about what pleases them or how to get it, if they did. That's only one step away from being a non-virgin.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:49 AM

706 posts, read 1,205,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
So, surprising feedback from my thread on Cougar rescue of adult male virgins: adult males virgins appear to be a royal turnoff to most experienced women.

why is it that we have a cultural perception that female virgins are an "attractive" class of women yet male virgins are not?

But admittedly, and at least from my perspective, the older the female virgin the less "attraction" there is, and where i also suspect so other issues are going on. i guess same could be said of guys/men.

What I'm also discovering is that if you don't get laid before you 18yos (both men and women), you begin to foreclose opportunities to develop socially, at least in that dimension. So still being a virgin at 20, 25, 30,... starts to "out of sync" with the experience of most ppl, or socially awkward. And I know religion and values play a role, but I'm just make observations.

thoughts?
The age of people makes a difference. I have a guy friend that is 36 and was dating a 22 year old. He had mentioned that she was a virgin and was not happy about it. I assumed that he would like that as then he can "mold" her into what he likes. I was wrong. I said, at one time he may have liked that but now he didn't want to run through the "basics" with anyone. In his opinion it was annoying. Yes, everyone has personal preferences but he said he and most of his guy friends prefer a woman with experience. Basic knowledge in other words.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
What? Women and men are behind socially if they are a virgin after 18? Saaaaaaay whaaat?

Old 08-06-2013, 06:04 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What? Women and men are behind socially if they are a virgin after 18? Saaaaaaay whaaat?

no, of course not. i was just saying that it's become so common to lose your virginity before 18, mostly cuz in you're high school and that "loosing your viginity" is what many minds. after that, the daily interaction with others your age goes away a bit, or opens up to a large group of ppl with different experiences.

I hear there's a new movie out call "The To Do List" on the topic.

Last edited by nokiddin; 08-06-2013 at 06:13 PM..

Old 08-06-2013, 06:08 PM

808 posts, read 1,879,365 times
I remember a quote from one of Chris Rock's standup routines. "Ladies, just because he came, doesn't mean you made him c%m.' Men (presuming no ED or other sexual disorder) are much easier to please sexually and therefore do not need a sex goddess to reach climax. A virgin or inexperienced girl can be completely clueless yet still pleasure her guy. For women, sex with a virgin man is about as likely to satisfy as riding a horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships