Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:30 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Female stepping in here to say ...

DON'T start with the "arm around the shoulder" move. It's too much, too soon.

Using the original scenario, he's in a room with other people, and he barely remembered to speak to this girl.

OP, start with non-committal "flirty" touching, as someone suggested early on, like holding her hand to look at ... somthing... her nails, a ring, a watch, a scar, and ask her about it. See, you don't really CARE about the ring, her nails, etc. It's just an excuse to hold her hand for a second.
In the original scenario, I wouldn't even start with touching. He could have leaned over and made a joke about the movie they were watching so only she could hear. If she laughs, he's in. Keep his body language open, angling toward her rather than sitting with crossed arms and legs. That sort of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
In the original scenario, I wouldn't even start with touching. He could have leaned over and made a joke about the movie they were watching so only she could hear. If she laughs, he's in. Keep his body language open, angling toward her rather than sitting with crossed arms and legs. That sort of thing.
Exactly right. You can't just sit down and grab a body part.

It's a process of graduated engagement. This scenario ^^^, leaning in, etc., would be a perfect way to start.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Went to a friend's house to watch a movie. He has a room which was dark with a large TV and couches arranged around it in a half-square. I came late, and right when I walked in the room this one girl, "Tammy", who I think likes me moved over to make room for me to sit by her. So I did. Just kinda sat there and tried not to be too tense. As the movie was going, Tammy started looking down at her phone. Then I make eye contact with a girl sitting in the couch across from me and she's signalling me to do something. Like she's pointing her eyes at me and then at Tammy to try and signal me to make a move.

This is what sucks about being inexperienced and physically unconfident. I have great opportunities but I lose out to guys who know what to do. Like seriously, if I was sexually experienced and confident then I would have no problem getting laid.
Don't make the mistake of thinking that WHAT you say is important. Most of our chatter as social primates is inane and semantically meaningless. This is what "weather" was invented for, or in the case of the movie you could chuckle and grunt something about how cool that car exploding was. Then when she turns to you and starts jabbering, you could begin grooming her hair as if she were a baboon in heat.

So the key here is to be able to easily chatter about nothing to women, which takes practice. Every time you see a girl standing alone go ahead and chat her up.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Well...Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally...

Oh and don't talk about any of this with your "date"... Math, grammar, and programmer talk is like sexual repellent.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:45 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post

Oh and don't talk about any of this with your "date"... Math, grammar, and programmer talk is like sexual repellent.
Try something very old fashioned....beauty and the soul of great music has a magical effect on woman...I don't care how young you are - find some Etta James tunes...turn down the lights and slow dance.....take your time and drift away. Real slow dancing cheek to cheek - and tenderly holding her will MELT her...trust me on this one- forget about putting on some beats- go old school and get it done the old way.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:14 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Quote:

With the advice you have given so far I would bet you have scored with as many women over the years as the cubs have won world series championships.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that WHAT you say is important. Most of our chatter as social primates is inane and semantically meaningless. This is what "weather" was invented for, or in the case of the movie you could chuckle and grunt something about how cool that car exploding was. Then when she turns to you and starts jabbering, you could begin grooming her hair as if she were a baboon in heat.

So the key here is to be able to easily chatter about nothing to women, which takes practice. Every time you see a girl standing alone go ahead and chat her up.
The weather is an important topic. It is not to be treated casually.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 AM

71 posts, read 91,193 times
Quote:

Steve Bartman, is that you?!

Just let the conversation flow. The less you think about what to say the better. If it seems forced, you're trying too hard.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:10 PM

21 posts, read 47,300 times
Another female weighing in...

Personally, I'd advise that you stop thinking in terms of "what to do" (as if there's some sort of algorithm for interpersonal interactions) and just be genuine. I know that sounds corny, but it's a cliche for a reason - it's true. If you're following some sort of contrived "procedure," she's likely to feel like she's simply being used by some unrelatable automaton, and that'll just backfire on you.

What is it that makes you lack confidence? What is it that you perceive as being "wrong?" What are you afraid will happen if you make a "mistake" or show a little vulnerability?

Old 08-12-2013, 02:23 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INFP1973 View Post
Another female weighing in...

Personally, I'd advise that you stop thinking in terms of "what to do" (as if there's some sort of algorithm for interpersonal interactions) and just be genuine. I know that sounds corny, but it's a cliche for a reason - it's true. If you're following some sort of contrived "procedure," she's likely to feel like she's simply being used by some unrelatable automaton, and that'll just backfire on you.

What is it that makes you lack confidence? What is it that you perceive as being "wrong?" What are you afraid will happen if you make a "mistake" or show a little vulnerability?
That he will be relentlessly mocked and ridiculed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships