Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 05:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times

Advertisements

You two need no contact. You can't seem to let go of each other, even though it's not right.

No contact is necessary when there's still feelings but it'll never work out. The feelings make you all confused and you can't recover and move on properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 05:08 PM

17 posts, read 19,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLee380 View Post
The 60 days aren't so much mind games as a SPACE for you to move on. You are young, your life holds so much more than just this girl. Yes she is nice and cute and you fancy her and it's the devil you know. Trust me, you need to get out there and date.

Get that Break up broken up book and focus on yourself. Others have said the same. This girl likes you, lots, you are always there for her, she feels comfy with you but that's it.

I know it hurts. Now. But it won't hurt forever. The 60 days are to give you head space.

Do not pick up the phone when she calls. Tell her in advance why you are doing what.

No comms with her because you need space. She knows how you feel but she doesn't feel that way. She has to set you free. It's not about being mature and being great friends with every girlfriend. You are too attached to be friends with her yet.
Sounds good but am i doing this to win her back or for myself to move on ?
Or is it that i can't get her back untill i move on ?

The thing is i've tried the NC for 40 days and it didn't work i ended up emailing her and that's how we
came to this friendship. Everyday during no contact i thought about her. I had just got a new job, new girl, new wardrobe, worked out constantly, ate better, took sel help classe, and still all i could think about was her. I felt ancy everyday.

That feeling only goes away when were in contact and on good speaking terms.
I feel like if i stop ill be right back at square one.
I'm still trying to date and meet someone but feeding my addiction with my ex at the same time.

I know it's unhealthy but i don't know any other way.
I honestly wish i never fell for this girl in the first place.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:10 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,082,047 times
Ugh, move on. She broke up with you. Don't be the needy guy still following her around blissfully unaware that you're planted (cemented, even) in the friendzone.

You're just hurting yourself thinking that there's a possibility she'll come back to you. She won't. Well, maybe she will once (when she's lonely), but it'll quickly be followed up with "sorry I crossed the line, we should just remain friends."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileman626 View Post
Hey guys, so me and my ex broke up 7 months ago and have been in constant contact
You clearly don't understand the concept of breaking up.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
she is interested in meeting other guys. figures she can do better, and frankly you sound too clingy. women find that yukky.

your best bet is too cool your heels on texting her (make her wonder why you haven't texted in 24hrs, a wk?), along with you going out with other women. you must go out with other women to curb you neediness and one-itis (you're obsessing about one person too much).
Your asolutely right... IEven though she won't do better becuase let's face it i am more of a catch than ay guy she's dated. Not cocky just facts. She tries to date the guys totally opposite of me. Gym bum Basketball playing douchebags. She is defintiley interested in meeting other guys and keeping me on the back burner.
I'm extremely clingy it's annoying. How the hell did i get this wa idk. Noone else in the world makes me feel like this. Maybe i feel guilty and i keep trying to proove to her i'm a different/better guy ?

Old 08-19-2013, 05:14 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,765 times
Quote:
The thing is i've tried the NC for 40 days and it didn't work i ended up emailing her
you didn't try hard enough

nothing wrong with falling down, picking yourself up and trying again

i can tell you now, even if this thread goes on for about 100 pages you will get 90% of the posters recommending NC and a few others who disagree

good luck

Old 08-19-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveabouttoast View Post
Ugh, move on. She broke up with you. Don't be the needy guy still following her around blissfully unaware that you're planted (cemented, even) in the friendzone.

You're just hurting yourself thinking that there's a possibility she'll come back to you. She won't. Well, maybe she will once (when she's lonely), but it'll quickly be followed up with "sorry I crossed the line, we should just remain friends."

You clearly don't understand the concept of breaking up.
God your right too....
It's just so damn confusing because
when i do start to realize i need to move on and i leave her alone
or even go out on a date with someone or flirt with a girl on instagram,twitter, etc.
She gets very jealous and demands my attention.

Like shell ask me 100 times about the same girl and if i'm dating so and so.
I asked her why the hell she cares who i'm dating or any of that .
She's says shes just "curious" and likes to catch me in my lies.

Wtf is that ?
I started to notice that shell often pick at me and be mean to me suttely
to get a reaction out of me. I think she gets off on it.
I'm tired on this crap

Old 08-19-2013, 05:21 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Find another woman.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:23 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,184 times
Quote:
Your asolutely right... IEven though she won't do better becuase let's face it i am more of a catch than ay guy she's dated. Not cocky just facts. She tries to date the guys totally opposite of me. Gym bum Basketball playing douchebags. She is defintiley interested in meeting other guys and keeping me on the back burner.
I'm extremely clingy it's annoying. How the hell did i get this wa idk. Noone else in the world makes me feel like this. Maybe i feel guilty and i keep trying to proove to her i'm a different/better guy ?
you want to change? embrace the following mantra: "I don't care". live it, breathe it, act on it. day after day, week after week. month after month, and forever there after. she doesn't want a nice guy, so get with the program. Be something other than a nice guy.

they are plenty of examples where a guy appears to have it all but has no social or relationship skills, like you.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
The thing is i've tried the NC for 40 days and it didn't work i ended up emailing her and that's how we
came to this friendship. Everyday during no contact i thought about her. I had just got a new job, new girl, new wardrobe, worked out constantly, ate better, took sel help classe, and still all i could think about was her. I felt ancy everyday.

That feeling only goes away when were in contact and on good speaking terms.
I feel like if i stop ill be right back at square one.
I'm still trying to date and meet someone but feeding my addiction with my ex at the same time.

I know it's unhealthy but i don't know any other way.
I honestly wish i never fell for this girl in the first place.
I've been through this and I know it doesn't feel good. Thing is that she's made up her mind that she doesn't want to be with you and is not going to change her mind, even if she does have feelings for you and likes being around you. She's just not going to change her mind. You NEED to accept this.

It takes a loooong time to stop thinking about her (it took me 1.5 yr to not think about him everyday), but you have to start the clock at some point. And the "pain" lessens every few months, until it's none.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
you didn't try hard enough

nothing wrong with falling down, picking yourself up and trying again

i can tell you now, even if this thread goes on for about 100 pages you will get 90% of the posters recommending NC and a few others who disagree

good luck
Ya i figured...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships