Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 12:48 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,597 times

Advertisements

There's quite a few out there.

Try ballroom dancing classes and clubs (social groups, not bars, that is). Check also to see if there's any ballroom dancing related Meetup groups in your area.

I know I often see swing dance events, with free lessons before. You specifically mentioned wanting to find someone who would enjoy waltzing, but since you're not having luck, maybe try finding a woman into any sort of ballroom dance -- she might enjoy learning a new style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 05:11 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,460,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Where can I find a young woman that's into ballroom dancing? I've done it (forced to, though I rather enjoyed it) a long time ago when I was a wee lad, but since then I haven't had any opportunity to take someone to a dance or dancing lessons. I went to visit a ballroom club not too long ago, but it was rather small, and everyone there (including the instructors) was a couple. It wasn't exactly friendly to a person without a partner.

I'd love to find someone that likes dancing to waltz, I think there is something emotionally and spiritually bonding about such type of dancing. I asked a few dates to try this before but they'd rather go to a club which I am not really a particular fan of.

I have no idea! Where the heck were guys like you when I was in my early 20's....

Old 08-25-2013, 06:10 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
look up ballroom dancing classes around your area and join one.
^ I have a few female friends who are into ballroom and swing dancing. All of them take lessons and/or are in clubs that are filled with people in their 20's-40's who are really into it. And, one of my male friends got into it for the express purpose of meeting "classy" girls.

For my part, I ****ing hate dancing. Where can I find a girl who doesn't ever want to go dancing?? Haha...

Old 08-25-2013, 07:21 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,003 times
Agree with Frog, classes are the way to go. A good way to make sure you have a partner is to bring one and it makes for a fun evening.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:34 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
There are studios like others have said. In my neck of the woods various clubs have swing and salsa nights. There are classes before the club opens and typically electronic music is used. I would imagine that people attending these nights may be connected to ball room as well.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
There are younger people doing this now. When my bf and I took lessons at a local high school community ed class, there were a few couples in their early 20's, and just recently a new ballroom dance studio opened here that actually has BYOB single's ballroom dance parties. Last NYE we were at my city's First Night celebration, and when a ballroom song came on, I was surprised to see teenagers doing the dances! I think some high schools have it in gym now (as opposed to square dancing when I was in school) so it is becoming more popular. You might have to travel to a nearby city to find places where younger people go to do it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships