Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:59 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
The bodybuilding forum is not a good representation of the general population (just like this forum isn't).
To the OP:
If you take the opinion of meatheads seriously, you're going to have bigger problems.
Try the philosophy forum 'relationship' thread, or something similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 05:03 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
Not all men. But most women would be surprised to hear alot of men think about them in general. However very few of those men are going to go out in public and say certain things. They'll just keep it to themselves

I think Maher is a smug ass but he's right here

Politically Incorrect, Making Women Nod Part 1 - YouTube

^^^^ When it comes to relationships alot of men will lie about certain views or stay silent on certain issues because they don't want to get on the woman's bad side which will lead to not getting laid. Ladies, many times the difference between you and your man who hardly ever argue and your girlfriend and her man who almost always argue is that your man is smart enough to **** when he has certain controversial opinions to stay out of our doghouse...

Last edited by BradPiff; 09-03-2013 at 05:12 PM..

Old 09-03-2013, 05:26 PM

348 posts, read 498,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I've been reading the relationship section in the male oriented bodybuilding forum and two known phrases I've seen from guys were (shockingly, some were even in their late 20's and there was a 34 year-old too):
1) ''You can't turn a sloot into a housewife'' or ''You can't wife-up a sloot''
2) ''Bros before sloots''

I wonder how much do they actually believe that? I would be offended if I was dating a man with that mentality. While I've only been with 1 man in my life whom I still talk to (my ex bf), I have no interest in becoming just a housewife nor reproductive machine (I'm currently paying for my classes; very much career oriented for now) and finding out that's the only reason he marry me. I'm not an object nor property to be wife-up either. i'm a person that decides if I want to be with that man or not. If I said no, then he can't do anything about it.

Secondly, if he would have his friends in first place then why is he even dating me? There should be no preferences. Wouldn't both me and his friends come in first place? I wouldn't want to be considered last. This would lead me to believe that if his friends invented a lie about me and it was absolutely false, he would believe them 100% and break up with me. I would obviously be very hurt and never want him in my life again.

I know. I shouldn't have read that but I was curious in seeing how they talk to each other. Those two phrases I would have a very hard time not getting hurt. I find it insulting. I've seen those phrases elsewhere too.
Yeah, so
Women get together and make fun of short bald guys.

JK!! We don't do that. My point is that people talk trash, you need to learn when turn your head and not listen to the garbage.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:21 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
I've been reading the relationship section in the male oriented bodybuilding forum and two known phrases I've seen from guys were (shockingly, some were even in their late 20's and there was a 34 year-old too):

I wonder how much do they actually believe that? I would be offended if I was dating a man with that mentality. While I've only been with 1 man in my life whom I still talk to (my ex bf), I have no interest in becoming just a housewife nor reproductive machine (I'm currently paying for my classes; very much career oriented for now) and finding out that's the only reason he marry me. I'm not an object nor property to be wife-up either. i'm a person that decides if I want to be with that man or not. If I said no, then he can't do anything about it.

Secondly, if he would have his friends in first place then why is he even dating me? There should be no preferences. Wouldn't both me and his friends come in first place? I wouldn't want to be considered last. This would lead me to believe that if his friends invented a lie about me and it was absolutely false, he would believe them 100% and break up with me. I would obviously be very hurt and never want him in my life again.

I know. I shouldn't have read that but I was curious in seeing how they talk to each other. Those two phrases I would have a very hard time not getting hurt. I find it insulting. I've seen those phrases elsewhere too.

If a girl is trash, she's trash. Don't think you're going to fix someone.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,689 times
Quote:

What you heard had less to do with men's feelings about women and more to do with men trying to look strong in front of other men. Most of these guys have probably disappeared from their friends lives at some point in the past when they got excited about a new relationship. But in male society, admitting great affection for a woman is often taken as a sign of weakness. Thus, men pretend to be indifferent to women and only value their friendships with men. It is 90% rubbish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships