Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:05 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,219,501 times

Advertisements

We enjoy having relations with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 11:08 AM

211 posts, read 373,701 times
Compatibility is just there or not. You know it when you see it

Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,010,831 times
Wow, you guise iz so articulate!

Old 09-05-2013, 12:31 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,814,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Yes to all of the above, and enthusiasm, chemistry, smell, etc. as others have said.

In addition, I'd add:

- parts fit and work
- style is compatible: e.g., give and take, or dom/sub, etc.
- mutually acceptable kinks and fetishes, if any: e.g., BDSM, feet, etc.

The MOST important additional item is matched libidos - how frequently you both want sex. So many relationships have a constant struggle and ongoing frustration and unhappiness because one is happy with twice a month and the other wants daily. Usually it's the lower drive spouse who sets the limits, leaving the higher drive unhappy. It can undermine a relationship and even destroy it, so this may be more important than everything else. It can change over time with hormones and life situations, but if you start mismatched, it usually only gets worse.
I couldn't agree more on the matched libidos being the most important thing. I can't being to describe the frustration of being married to a man with no sex drive (of course in my case it ended up because he was gay... but still, the frustration was... well, frustrating!) I need to find a man with a drive as high as mine (I sometimes think mine might be above average). But honestly, I would settle for a little less as long as it was at least a few times a week.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,939,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
a woman that's just as filthy, and down right durty as me.

and of course, she has to be able to suck start a leaf blower
I usually kick it.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:20 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,696,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
^^ Makes sense to me. lol
yay!

Old 09-05-2013, 01:42 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,985,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Does it have to do with experience? Openmindedness? Shared ideas of what sex means in a relationship? Empathy and generosity in bed?

Or is it more about how someone smells, how slow or quickly they like things to go, how noisy or quiet they are, how silly they are, how physically flexible?

Can someone become more compatible with you if they work on it? Or are the things you need innate? Some of each?

Can you figure out if someone is compatible with you before you get into bed? How do you do that?

I know we can keep this PG-13 if we try .

-

Edited to add: I am NOT asking about what you find attractive. I am asking, when you are crazy attracted to someone and after you get them into bed, what kind of things, if they are missing, disappoint you or make sex not very worthwhile for you?
Right now, hard and breathing.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:45 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Right now, hard and breathing.
Would you settle for breathing hard?

Old 09-05-2013, 01:47 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,985,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Would you settle for breathing hard?
I don't think that will do it for me.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:47 PM

96 posts, read 148,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
^^ What do you mean by "dry". As in like, boring saltine cracker dry? Or physically dry? Because that's not her fault. Sometimes its just like that, no matter how into it they want to be. Spoils it for both parties.

I think you explained it, just clearing it up for my own understanding.
"Dry".....not slippery.

Eddie Money ~ Gimme' Some Water with lyrics - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships