Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:56 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,011,493 times

Advertisements

I'm a thinker like Dew and JJ. If I'm really bothered there's no sense in me getting into it right away because sometimes I don't know what's really bothering me. I like to make sure it's worth addressing first, and also make sure I'm not blaming him for something that is not entirely his fault.

I do not raise my voice in anger - never have, nor do I get physical in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 03:01 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,271,082 times
It all depends on the situation. If he's done something stupid I would probably laugh at him and let stew however if he hurt me or really pissed me off I'd have to walk away until I calmed down then discus it. I don't like fighting with my SO it really gets me down so I'd rather talk about it and sort out the problem........I would be a little off with him for a couple of days though

Old 09-05-2013, 03:01 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,632,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've never believed in the concept of "don't go to bed angry." Most of the time going to bed angry means I get to think about what I want to say, and in the morning I can be calmer and more rational about what I'm upset about.

Also, there are few things more frustrating than a guy not taking you seriously because "you're so cute/sexy when you're mad." We were talking about resisting urges in that other thread--if that sentence is uttered I really do have to resist the urge to stab someone with a fork.
well I'm sorry but you ladies are cute and sexy when you are mad but that doesn't have to mean that we don't take you seriously.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:04 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,248,210 times
No man bothers me enough to make me get angry.

I had one here once who annoyed me just by breathing, is that the same thing?

Anyway I told him to pack his bags and go back to his girlfriend. She enjoyed his company and breathing sounds apparently - I did not.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:16 PM

706 posts, read 1,206,099 times
I do nothing

Old 09-05-2013, 03:23 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,632,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
All of the above except putting my hands on him. I'm not violent. I wear my heart on my sleeve though. It may come out now or later but it's going to come out if I care about him.

I once dated a guy who wanted me to hit him when I was angry. He expressed that he wished I would. I dont get that! He was cray cray.
Damn girl you wasted that opportunity, if a man tells you to hit him when you are mad please don't suppress, just swing away and with intent. like a kid on a candy store.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,666,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Damn girl you wasted that opportunity, if a man tells you to hit him when you are mad please don't suppress, just swing away and with intent. like a kid on a candy store.
I'm afraid he'll hit me back. My mother told me never put my hands on a man unless you're ready to get hit back. Plus I can get arrested for that if he calls the cops.

I still don't get why he wanted that anyway. So strange.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:31 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,271,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Lol

Old 09-05-2013, 03:36 PM

96 posts, read 148,748 times

Yeah, that's IT for sure!!

Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
I do nothing
If you don't do anything, then the guy probably will continue doing what makes you mad until you flip your wig and knife knife him a bunch of times.

If the guy tries to make you smile, laugh or just do something to make your day a little better, and you sit there and do nothing, then the guy will probably think you're a prude or you want nothing to do with him.

If you don't express yourself, you will not get the responses from people you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships