Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,632,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Meanwhile, I probably would have restarted it with someone else...
Oh come on now don't do that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9052BK-AFO-II-AUTO View Post
I think you are onto something. Even more so when they meet a man who calls them on it and puts his foot down. Not all men are weak, unmotivated, cowering, doormat, punching bags who can be stomped to the ground and buried alive.

We're the guy who catches their swinging fist (best shot) in mid air and crushes their hand with a smile.
You crush her hand!

Old 09-05-2013, 09:06 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,406 times
I express my displeasure by finding a replacement and dumping him.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:12 PM

37,639 posts, read 46,045,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Ladies, ladies, ladies. I have a question for you, this is just curiosity and please let's not be too serious here and have a little sense of humor but please answer with honestly. How do you show or express displeasure to your husband, boyfriend or significant other? I know that different situations would trigger different displeasure but let me just pick one. When you are upset with your man about something what do you do? Do you roll your eyes at them? do you raise your hand and give them the "Whatever Attitude"? do you scream at them? do you give them the cold shoulder or the silent treatment? do you throw a temper or do you just pull your claws out and start scratching away like a feisty cat? Now I know that some of the lovely ladies here will beat me up for what I'm going to say but I think an angry woman is sexy as long as she doesn't go too psycho on me So ladies tell us how is for you, feel free to give examples and remember let's not bee too serious.
Totally depends on what it is that I am angry at. It could be any of the above...except for the screaming at him. I don't do that, or have temper tantrums.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,658,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I have a small collection of hats that I've owned for a long time, and one of them happens to be a Viking helmet. That would be the end of my story, except in my late teens I dated this girl who really liked to role play, and we had some big argument, and we took some time to cool off before we spoke again, and when we did, she found my helmet and told me to wear it. So I did, and we had make-up sex with me wearing that Viking helmet, role playing as a viking and I was "Raiding her goods."

Me actually looking like a Viking when I let my beard grow out only enhanced that particular look.

yohoho...

Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 PM

706 posts, read 1,206,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If you don't do anything, then the guy probably will continue doing what makes you mad until you flip your wig and knife knife him a bunch of times.

If the guy tries to make you smile, laugh or just do something to make your day a little better, and you sit there and do nothing, then the guy will probably think you're a prude or you want nothing to do with him.

If you don't express yourself, you will not get the responses from people you want.
Or get a whole lot more than you asked for.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:07 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,147,256 times
All of my exes told me I was one of the most patient & kind women they've ever met. I am very patient, and I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt & take a kind of pride in letting people "be themselves"; but I have an end to my rope, of course.

I tend to be very direct when not seriously happy about something, and I want to address it right away. This is rather unusual for me because I am not usually verbally direct with my feelings. I'm a very quiet person who doesn't like to discuss my feelings a lot (contrary to what my posts may suggest; I am more articulate & open in writing & use it & other creative means for emotional expression).

So when I am mad, it tends to be a coolly delivered, bullet-point run-down of who, what, where, why, etc, in regards to whatever the violation happens to be. I tend to expect the person to own up to their fault without making excuses & to state how they will adjust for the future. I'm focused mostly on resolving it and being given assurance that it will not be repeated to the best of their ability.

If this is invalidated or ignored, then I may get pretty mad. The reason I expect this to be taken seriously is because all along I've been flexible and accommodating and letting little things go, so I feel it's only fair I get to assert my needs & expectations when they really matter.

For minor irritations, I tend to make mild-mannered requests ("Could you please not do X") or I state needs ("I would appreciate it if ____"). This is apparently too subtle for some people. That's why the cold, bullet-points are delivered sometimes, because I likely tried being more gentle & flexible already.

I admit to getting very quiet & withdrawn at times, and it's because something is wrong and I don't know how to approach it yet. I need to work through how I feel alone. Being moody, sometimes I am just like that & it's not related to anyone/anything. It's best if someone does NOT try to read my mind. I will come around in my own time. It's like a cocooning process where I need to convert raw feeling into something I can articulate rationally.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:50 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,632,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Totally depends on what it is that I am angry at. It could be any of the above...except for the screaming at him. I don't do that, or have temper tantrums.
Damn no scratching?

Old 09-06-2013, 04:05 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,376,156 times
At first, I might get a little snippy/short, but as soon as I notice this is happening,
I say "I'm sorry, I'm feeling upset about ____ when you ____ because it makes me feel ____".
I strongly dislike conflict, fights, meanness-so I try not to provoke the behavior, nor engage in it myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships