Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:28 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times

Advertisements

Not cheating is hard because no matter how hot the girl is, you still want other women eventually. Look at Hugh Grant, he cheated on Elizabeth Hurley with a skanky looking prostitute when she was at the height of her hotness. Women were like WTF but every guy understood. It would sound really awesome at first if I got to eat lobster every day but I'd come to miss steak, lasagna, chicken, even Funyuns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
^ Sadly I must agree. The Coolidge Effect always comes into play for me.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Because all sorts of people get cheated on. Attractive ones/ugly ones, Rich people poor people, people who are very clingy to their partner/people who are distant etc.

So my question is do you think there is any type of effective deterrent to cheating?
Other than not being in a relationship?

Old 09-11-2013, 12:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Don't bet on it.
Poverty is not a 100 percent effective deterrent but it is the most effective deterrent.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Not cheating is hard because no matter how hot the girl is, you still want other women eventually. Look at Hugh Grant, he cheated on Elizabeth Hurley with a skanky looking prostitute when she was at the height of her hotness. Women were like WTF but every guy understood. It would sound really awesome at first if I got to eat lobster every day but I'd come to miss steak, lasagna, chicken, even Funyuns!
Or Kobe Bryant who cheated on his super-hot wife with a skanky looking prostitute/blackmailer

Old 09-12-2013, 02:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
I think the best deterrent is having/creating a good life. I wouldn't jepordize what I have over a piece if ass.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:46 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think the best deterrent is having/creating a good life. I wouldn't jepordize what I have over a piece if ass.
Yes, it would be a much better world if everyone thought that way. Seriously, the cheaters don't even think. Basically they'd rather throw away a committed relationship that took work, time, and energy over a couple mins in the sack.

That's like throwing away your full plate of delicious foods over a simple rice and bean portion.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:51 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
yes, its called a steady hand and a pair of large scissors

Old 09-12-2013, 03:17 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,391,849 times
It's almost inconceivable to me that adults are so naive as to think if the partner is "hot," then no one will cheat on them.

LOL! As if looks or weight have anything to do with cheating.

If you're happy in your relationship, you don't cheat. I've never cheated on my husband and he never on me. We just aren't interested. Sure, we're both attracted to other people but simply never act on it. We're compatible and love each other. That's a pretty good safeguard for never cheating, and we've been together since we were both 16. That's 30 years ago now and no cheating.

All this nonsense, "all men cheat" is usually said by women who choose the wrong type of men and are constantly cheated upon. They are bitter about it and blame the men THEY choose. If you choose a dependable, steady man that loves you and is faithful, you will not have that issue.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:36 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Yes, it would be a much better world if everyone thought that way. Seriously, the cheaters don't even think. Basically they'd rather throw away a committed relationship that took work, time, and energy over a couple mins in the sack.

That's like throwing away your full plate of delicious foods over a simple rice and bean portion.
Anyone seen Idiocracy? Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships