Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:13 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,171,965 times

Advertisements

What's the likely of finding a man that would want a childfree marriage?

Though I don't have to worry about my ''biological clock'' that will never tick and can take my time, I still want to get proposed one day. Just being a forever gf is like saying ''I like you and we can hang out, but I just don't want to be with you forever''.

The problem is that either some men don't want marriage nor kids or if they are marriage-minded, it has to include kids. I just want marriage but just no kids (I'm 25 now but have been feeling like that about no kids since age 13/14).

Old 08-24-2012, 11:16 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,711,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post

Though I don't have to worry about my ''biological clock'' that will never tick and can take my time, I still want to get proposed one day. Just being a forever gf is like saying ''I like you and we can hang out, but I just don't want to be with you forever''.

The problem is that either some men don't want marriage nor kids or if they are marriage-minded, it has to include kids. I just want marriage but just no kids (I'm 25 now but have been feeling like that about no kids since age 13/14).
There are many men out there. I don't want marriage but if I do get married there will definitely be no kids. However, it's unfair to believe that a forever gf means that the man doesn't want to be with you forever. Marriage doesn't automatically mean you will be with them forever. Think about it a forever gf can't be that if they aren't together "forever".

Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
There are many men out there. I don't want marriage but if I do get married there will definitely be no kids. However, it's unfair to believe that a forever gf means that the man doesn't want to be with you forever. Marriage doesn't automatically mean you will be with them forever. Think about it a forever gf can't be that if they aren't together "forever".
But I'm not happy with just a bf and gf relationship.

Apart from working towards getting my degree, I want marriage too.

I know marriage doesn't mean you're be with them forever, but at least it's proceeding towards the next level. That is something important to me.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:20 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,485,296 times
Quote:

worry about marriage after you find someone worth getting married to...dont work it the other way around.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
worry about marriage after you find someone worth getting married to...dont work it the other way around.
Yes and my first rule will be not ever doing cohabitation unless he was on the same page as I am and we were already engaged. No ''let's see how this goes'' trial with me.

But yeah, it's hard to find them.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:25 PM

192 posts, read 440,133 times
Quote:

I have no problem with that at all!
I didn't even like me when I was a kid.

T.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:27 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,788,394 times
Keep your chin up because this definitely isn't impossible. I know two couples that I am friends with that are happily married and have decided not to have children because they love to travel. What's even funnier is that the two couples travel together, and they have been around the globe more than once. So yeah it's not impossible to find, and actually I think it would be easier to find than you might think.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,711,300 times
Quote:

I know marriage doesn't mean you're be with them forever, but at least it's proceeding towards the next level. That is something important to me.
Fair enough, you are the exact opposite of my GF. She wanted to get her life together first then worried about a partner so to speak. Marriage and cohabitation has it's pros and cons. My GF personally abhors the idea of marriage and we are still habituating together but at least we both have our careers together. Settle yourself then worry about things aren't necessary.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Fair enough, you are the exact opposite of my GF. She wanted to get her life together first then worried about a partner so to speak. Marriage and cohabitation has it's pros and cons. My GF personally abhors the idea of marriage and we are still habituating together but at least we both have our careers together. Settle yourself then worry about things aren't necessary.
If your gf is ok with it and both of you think the same, then that's all that counts. What I don't like is hearing stories about women who spent 4+ years living with their men and are waiting on the day he'll propose, have to give ultimatums when it should come from him or those that confuse cohabitation for future engagement.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:44 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,317,650 times
How about just being marriage free as well as childfree? Really, one just entitles you to some legal benefits and a piece of paper.

To be honest, I'm not even sold on cohabitation. I like having my own place alone, not a fan of nesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships