Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 09:44 PM

337 posts, read 897,001 times

Advertisements

Just curious. I've recently went on a couple of dates with women who have or haven't had acne. Some not at all and others relatively severe.

Questions:
Do you even notice it?
How do you perceive it?
Does it drop the (wo)man in question drop on the physical appearance scale to you?

I think I notice it more on other people because I'm no stranger to it myself. When I was a teenager I had terrible acne to the point I had to do a couple of cycles of accutane. I think in a weird way I notice it on other people only because I had it. I've had girls in school with flawless skin tell me they never even noticed it one me when I was going through it (probably because they never had it)! That's my theory anyway. I personally do not think any woman is less attractive because of it... I've been there so I definitely understand the damage it does to your emotions and confidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 10:10 PM

206 posts, read 254,822 times
Well, coming from a guy who is, and hangs with welders....you'll see some acne like scars on us.

"Spackle" burns of the sort.

Hot molten metal and sparks can make a pit or two on your forehead, neck and or face.

Once they find out the cause, they usually overlook it.

But I know what you mean....pepperoni pizza can do some real damage.

Don't be afraid.....many celebs have/had it too.

If you watch a music video or movie from pre 2000, you sometimes can see it on close up shots.

Nowadays, it's very camouflaged with make up, camera angles and lighting.

In short, many or most people have at least a pock or two if you look close enough.

Women can hide it with make up.

Men hide it with facial hair.

No big deal really.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Some women break out when they are ovulating.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Some women break out when they are ovulating.
Maybe that God's way of saying you are Fertile Myrtle to us.....???

Old 09-12-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post
Maybe that God's way of saying you are Fertile Myrtle to us.....???

I don't know but it sucks ass. Lol

Don't stare at it!

Old 09-12-2013, 10:22 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCountryTrip View Post
Just curious. I've recently went on a couple of dates with women who have or haven't had acne. Some not at all and others relatively severe.

Questions:
Do you even notice it?
How do you perceive it?
Does it drop the (wo)man in question drop on the physical appearance scale to you?

I think I notice it more on other people because I'm no stranger to it myself. When I was a teenager I had terrible acne to the point I had to do a couple of cycles of accutane. I think in a weird way I notice it on other people only because I had it. I've had girls in school with flawless skin tell me they never even noticed it one me when I was going through it (probably because they never had it)! That's my theory anyway. I personally do not think any woman is less attractive because of it... I've been there so I definitely understand the damage it does to your emotions and confidence.

I have never really noticed acne scars or too many scars on others however, I focus on who they are and what they are saying not every minute detail of their skin.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:23 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Acne is usually hormonal.

Having said that, almost everyone can cure their own acne with basic hygiene.

Almost everyone.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
I don't know but it sucks ass. Lol

Don't stare at it!
Guys like me don't mind. We are plenty banged up ourselves. The soft female body and skin looks like a temple in comparison.

Been through hell, you are going to show it.

It's "character".

Old 09-12-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post
Guys like me don't mind. We are plenty banged up ourselves. The soft female body and skin looks like a temple in comparison.

Been through hell, you are going to show it.

It's "character".
Yeah I know some don't care. Some are freaked out.

Oh I know I saw awful big scars.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah I know some don't care. Some are freaked out.

Oh I know I saw awful big scars.
So in your opinion, which is worse?

A guy with scars....(not the toothpick jab you got when you were 3)....but substantial....like a stab wound in the side for starters.

Or....a man with a pock marked face?

Some scars can easily be hidden by HEAVY body hair on a man.....

You can't see on a quick glance.

His lover would know it though.

She gets intimate and close to him at night.

The gals at the pool.....nah, they just see ape.

??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships