Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 10:44 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,260,907 times

Advertisements

I think people have just heard this so much they just assume "all women nag" and whether they do or not, that's just what people have heard since the beginning of time. Its like a stereotype too, I think. Whether a woman does it or not, as soon as a woman asks something, whether it's legit or not, some men are just going to write it off as nagging because she's simply a woman. A woman asks something? Oh well she's a woman, so it's gotta be nagging! Sort of like "a woman is crying, she must be on her period!" I remember a guy I was dating saw I was upset. He emailed me later and said he saw I was upset and decided to avoid me because he figure it was my time of the month. I informed him no, I was upset because my grandmother died. Then I dumped his ass.

But I get what you mean, if a woman calls a guy 20 times a day, can't let him take a dump, do this, do that, yeah that's freakin annoying! My husband kind of makes me feel "damned if you do, damned if you don't" because he expects me to remind him to do something VERY important, and when I do he procrastinates it. He wants me to remind him, over and over... he puts me in that position where I feel like I have to nag, and I don't like it. I'm very laid back, and I don't like having to manage stuff, or other people. He wants me to control everything and I'm not really partial to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 10:54 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,038,446 times
AS with just about any generalization, it will be right some of the time but not all of the time.

Some people nag. Some don't. I do not feel nagged by my wife.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:08 AM

37,653 posts, read 46,084,092 times
Nagging is what you get when you don't do what you said you would do, when asked. Do it, and the nagging becomes unnecessary. Really quite simple.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:16 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,464,654 times
ive never been nagged at by anyone...

Old 09-13-2013, 12:10 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,933,849 times
I don't nag, I b i t ch.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:46 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,959,670 times
I think there's different levels. I had one girlfriend who nagged, but she was just controlling and mean. My gf now just likes to feel like she's taking care of me so she always tries to make sure I sleep and eat enough. I think most women like to do this to a point, at least from my experience.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:21 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,021,576 times
Don't know about "most" nor will I comment on the range of topics about which a woman may nag her SO, but I know mine is about to nag me about trail running after yet ANOTHER serious ankle sprain tonight. She's been insisting I stop, but when trail running is what you love, what can you do?

Old 09-13-2013, 04:30 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Gentlemen, if you don't like to be nagged, carry your share of the workload without being asked. Finish what you start.

And, sorry, but no matter how much you complain about it, it is always going to be the man's job to take the garbage out and put the toilet seat down. That's just the way the world works and you aren't going to change it. So just do it without being constantly reminded.

Husbands can be worse nags than wives. They nag about her weight, about her housekeeping. They want her to cook like their mother, complain when their suit isn't back from the cleaners, and take it out on their wife when they had a bad day at work.

Nagging is not a gender specific behavior.
Hahahaha. Baaaahahahahaha.

My god if a man said it was his wife's job to make dinner an to always look good and that's just the way the world works, he'd be banned for women bashing and all hell would break loose. So comically hypocritical

Haahahahahahaaaaa

Old 09-13-2013, 04:37 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,464,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Hahahaha. Baaaahahahahaha.

My god if a man said it was his wife's job to make dinner an to always look good and that's just the way the world works, he'd be banned for women bashing and all hell would break loose. So comically hypocritical

Haahahahahahaaaaa

not really, ive been with plenty of girls that want and enjoy this lifestyle
not wanting to be treated like **** doesn't equal "traditional roles"
just as there is a difference of setting expectations and not following through on them leaving you open to being called out (nagged) on them vs saying something and actually following them through.

there is a huge difference between "expecting something" and "setting expectations"

Last edited by rego00123; 09-13-2013 at 05:10 PM..

Old 09-13-2013, 05:15 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,350,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I think the whole concept of "nagging" is gender stereotype. Men also hassle and pressure their significant others various ways. But there is no special word to describe this behavior when men do it.
here here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships