Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 02:43 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathandrake123 View Post
Its obvious that you would save those who are the most vulnerable and can't save themselves like children but life and death situation has nothing to do with love.
Some of you are turning this topic to another subject.

And i actually never heard someone getting stuck in that situation ever expect in this case.
Father's choice: save his son or his wife

That father saved his wife over his son. Does that mean he loved his wife more than his son ??

I don't think so.
In that situation he had the possibility of saving his wife but much less chance of being able to save his son so he chose to save one over saving none.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:46 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I think maybe you need to bring this up with your wife. She likely assumes you are okay with it, because you agree with her.
Exactly. Op has to communicate this with his wife.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-14-2013, 02:48 AM

14 posts, read 29,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
OP, you sound like a great husband. Try to give it some more time. How much longer is she planning on nursing your child? He is 2 years old, right? Maybe once that phase is over " she will come back to you ".
I remember being a restless wreck the first few months of my son's life, especially while I was nursing . That period was hard for me

I think for many more months from now on. I tried everything to improve our marriage but it didn't helped much.
But i would always stick by her no matter how our situation would be . I am getting used to it , so its a positive step.
As i said earlier, Maybe over time I'll learn that my situation's not so bad. Growing up in Minnesota, a friend and I often joked that the state motto should be, "We're number two!" The Vikings made it to several Super Bowls and lost. Every new skyscraper was built almost as tall, but never taller, than the IDS tower. In deference to New York City, Minneapolis branded itself "the mini apple." At times, the entire state celebrated being in second place. Only recently have I begun to take my eyes off the thrill of being number one and concentrate on the particular romance of being number two. Men, we are Minnesota. And you know what? It's nice there.

I just wanted to vent out of my feelings and frustations and i am fine now.
Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
In that situation he had the possibility of saving his wife but much less chance of being able to save his son so he chose to save one over saving none.
That is what i said , you don't know what you would do in that situation. So these situations are not a good way to measure love.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I think maybe you need to bring this up with your wife. She likely assumes you are okay with it, because you agree with her.
I talked about it to her many times and she always reassures me or sometimes completely ignores mY concerns.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:54 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,489,869 times
OP - you said this forum would be the best place to share your story/question. But this isn't the first time it's been posted is it. Here is the exact same story. Pretty much just the age of the baby is different.

Is it even your own story? Probably not.

Does she love our child more than me? - Redbook

Responders: I think you've been had.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
OP - you said this forum would be the best place to share your story/question. But this isn't the first time it's been posted is it. Here is the exact same story. Pretty much just the age of the baby is different.

I wrote it some way back. Our son was 14 months then. It didn't got responses so i thought about posting it in public forums.
Thanks for sharing it here. These feelings of mine are with me for many months now.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:06 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post

Even better haha. His one post he took an entire last paragraph from the article.

"Maybe over time I'll learn that my situation's not so bad. Growing up in Minnesota, a friend and I often joked that the state motto should be, "We're number two!" The Vikings made it to several Super Bowls and lost. Every new skyscraper was built almost as tall, but never taller, than the IDS tower. In deference to New York City, Minneapolis branded itself "the mini apple." At times, the entire state celebrated being in second place. Only recently have I begun to take my eyes off the thrill of being number one and concentrate on the particular romance of being number two. Men, we are Minnesota. And you know what? It's nice there. "

Old 09-14-2013, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Exactly. Op has to communicate this with his wife.

Communication is the key as they say. I agree. But sometimes your instincts get better of you like in my wife's case.

If she caught me writing all of this then i don't know how she would feel. I even feel more guilty after writing all of this now.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:39 AM

75 posts, read 77,917 times
OP: Maybe she's trying to be considerate by not coming back to bed, and waking you up in the middle of the night? Before our kids slept through the night, I always slept in a different room because my husband is such a light sleeper, the slightest noise or movement disturbs him. He took it personally too, but after a few nights of me sleeping in the same room (with the baby monitor on) finally got through to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships