Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 PM

20 posts, read 74,922 times

Advertisements

Emerald, no, it's not that, that's also not the way he saw it (that I didn't trust him). He said that's not the problem. I just thought and I still think that taking his offer could put too much pressure on a person who's already possibly doubting and wants to take everything very slow. I don't want him to feel responsible for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 12:55 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
In Denmark, it's called "modspil". It's meant to be good, according to danish women. In English, it's called "being a *****".

Old 09-15-2013, 10:58 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missblue View Post
Nila, but that's the problem we had before- Not to talk directly about things. When we had fights we were both usually stubborn and didn't really talk about the problem, just started to hug and kiss again after a while and that was it. We both agreed we have to talk about problems or misunderstandings directly, that's the only way to solve them.
Are you confusing 'giving him time to cool off' with 'never talking about it ever'?

If you wait one day, or two or three, and then you talk about it and solve the problem, is that ok for you?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
In Denmark, it's called "modspil". It's meant to be good, according to danish women. In English, it's called "being a *****".
I'm interested in your post, but I can't figure out what you are referring to. What is called modspil?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:47 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
You're having to work way too hard on this relationship. Good relationships flow, this one doesnt.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:11 PM

20 posts, read 74,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Are you confusing 'giving him time to cool off' with 'never talking about it ever'?

If you wait one day, or two or three, and then you talk about it and solve the problem, is that ok for you?

But he even said that he prefers if we directly talk about problems or misunderstandings in the future and not postpone it. Also, if we don't talk about it for three days he will just be pissed at me for three days and behave strange. That's also not how it should be I guess.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Being with someone shouldn't be this hard. It should be as comfortable as putting on your favorite pair of shoes. Move on and find your perfect fit instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:47 PM

207 posts, read 354,845 times
Quote:
Emerald, no, it's not that, that's also not the way he saw it (that I didn't trust him). He said that's not the problem. I just thought and I still think that taking his offer could put too much pressure on a person who's already possibly doubting and wants to take everything very slow. I don't want him to feel responsible for me.
Sorry but you took a simple offer and solution to your problem and created a bunch of DRAMA with the crying theatrics and relationship talk. Can't you see how you overcomplicated things?

You need some help. Not to be rude but you made a whole mess out of nothing.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:49 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
again, this is why you shouldn't take advice online, you are just further punishing yourself instead of actually learning and growing.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
But he even said that he prefers if we directly talk about problems or misunderstandings in the future and not postpone it. Also, if we don't talk about it for three days he will just be pissed at me for three days and behave strange. That's also not how it should be I guess.

People who need time to cool off often say that. You have to go by what he does in the moment. You said he said he was not ready to talk about it.

If several days of behaving strangely doesn't work for you, and it is what he needs, then you two may not be compatible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships