Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:28 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,971,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What on earth are you talking about?
Yea, dude is hardcore. C'mon brah, get with the alpha program already! (sarcasm)

As we experience new relationships, we realize that each relationship is extremely unique. And sometimes stunts that previous partners pulled that was tolerated becomes an instant deal breaker, and sometimes previous instant dealbreakers become tolerable.
Crazy how that works IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 02:31 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,827,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Yea, dude is hardcore. C'mon brah, get with the alpha program already! (sarcasm)
Yeah. That is SO 2010.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,765,542 times
I was single. I had had sex with a lot of women. I married her.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,440,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yes, but no it doesn't affect my current relationship. And great sex doesn't make up for lacking in so many other ways.
I agree with this, as well.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:17 PM

350 posts, read 711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
That was head and shoulders better than anyone you've since encountered?
No. It "feels" about the same +/- 15%.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:25 PM

206 posts, read 256,104 times
Yep, she puts up with my BS for years...

Old 09-17-2013, 03:34 PM

896 posts, read 1,180,435 times
Of course! But there is more to a relationship than sex. The excitement wears off over time anyway so to select an LTR partner based purely on sex is foolish.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:45 PM

31,272 posts, read 22,268,814 times
Quote:
That was head and shoulders better than anyone you've since encountered? Does it in any way negatively affect the current relationship you are in (assuming it isn't with the guy or girl that blew your mind). I know it's unfair to compare current to previous and there was a good reason why things didn't work out long term with the old partner, but can it even be avoided while alone and feeling the "itch" so to speak?
Yep, I still have fantasies about her to this day. She was very in tune with me and was able to steer me in any direction she wanted. I wish there were others that were close. I actually worry that the next woman I am intimate with will end looking bad by comparison: "Sorry but sex with you is so mediocre that I have to leave you."

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-17-2013 at 03:57 PM..

Old 09-17-2013, 03:50 PM

31,272 posts, read 22,268,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Of course! But there is more to a relationship than sex. The excitement wears off over time anyway so to select an LTR partner based purely on sex is foolish.
Of course, but if are really not compromising you would pick a partner who fullfills all of your needs including the best sex.

Is it too much to ask for great compatibility on all levels: Physical and mental attraction, Common Interest, good communication, Personal and financial goals, and fantastic sex?

Old 09-17-2013, 04:09 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,553,224 times
Quote:
That was head and shoulders better than anyone you've since encountered? Does it in any way negatively affect the current relationship you are in (assuming it isn't with the guy or girl that blew your mind). I know it's unfair to compare current to previous and there was a good reason why things didn't work out long term with the old partner, but can it even be avoided while alone and feeling the "itch" so to speak?

So, here's my 2 cents from this guy's perspective and experience, other may have different opinions and experiences.

1. As you gain experience from having more partners, you discover what you like, what is no longer novel and interesting, and the various ways to please a partner. So at first, all new sex is so very good, but there is a point where sex is sex, unless its with someone who always has a certain pulsating energy, is uninhibited, and downright a pleaser open to doing what it takes to satisfy your sexual desires, no matter if it changes tomorrow.

2. Unlike women I think, guys generally don't need to have that emotional connection to have mind blowing sex, but yes sex is much more meaningful and pleasurable (different type) than carnal sex.

3. It is difficult for a guy to undo his biological wiring for a diversity of experience and partners. We all have talked about guys and variety/monogamy before. But obviously somehow being in a monogamous relationship can work for many. but i also think that is one of the reason why fantacizing about someone else during the performance is so prevalent, and yes i know women do it too.

4. Familiarity breeds contempt, meaning that the more you are with one person, you start to discover each's others shortcoming and dislike/tolerate them. And the emotional connection tends to affect the sexual relationship. It's a generalization of course, so your experience may vary. But as you know many sexless marriages do exists for whatever reason, and my guess is that for one partner, or both, sex just isnt fun, good, or "worth it" as much as it did before. There are too many marital issues affecting the sexual desire of the other partner. This also relates the the guy's saying that behind every hot women is a guy who is tired of banging her.

I had a friend once tell me that her mom's advice to her was that marital problems will always start or end up in the bed and to work them out or you will end up dealing with them another way that will negatively affect the marriage. I am a believer in that.

Last edited by nokiddin; 09-17-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships