Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 01:10 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, I've been told (most recently by the guy I'm seeing) that I look FAR different in photos than I do in real life. For many women, the use of makeup, lighting or different clothing can make worlds of difference in their appearance. Hell, I have certain outfits that completely change my body shape and even wearing my hair naturally (curly) as opposed to straightening it can make me look completely different. When I was doing the online dating thing, I dyed my hair a different color, but most of my pictures showed my old color even though the pictures were less than 4 months old.

So, this woman's pictures could have been current for all we know.

Also true, it could easily been a current photo in where she was shot in a good angle or whatever, and she looked thinner! 20 pounds is nothing! its not that you wont recognize someone who gained 20 pounds, for godssake! yesterday at a party i found friends of my ex ex boyfriend who i havent seen in at least 10 years and last time they saw me i was easily 30 lb thinner!!! and we werent even friends, i mean they just were the friends of my ex, not people i seen regullary! well, guess what, i said "hi" to them and they recognized me instantly! 10 years older and 30lb heavier!!!!

so yeah i say pics taken last year and 20lbs heavier could never qualify as "unrecognizable"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 01:18 PM

plus, people here are using the world "liar" very lightly, they said she "lie"??? WTH she posted a pic in where she looks good so this means she lied and should be treated like scum??? like, i dont know, in my facebook profile pic my hair is straightened but my natural hair is more wavy so im a liar?? or if someone post a pic with great make up on and then in person they dont have as much make up they are liars??? or if i look better in my facebook pic than in person im a liar??? this is so ridicolous!! people justifying the douche actions and saying she LIED are frankly equally douchey as the OP

Lying is to post a pic of someone you are not, or someone CONSIDERABLY thinner/heavier. But 20 pounds??? like JJ say, maybe it was just a good picture. The OP behave like scum and the people justifying it are sad.

Like, i cant believe this, a while ago i went out with a guy i only knew through facebook and his pics, we never talked about our physical appearence before meeting, but we knew how we looked like cause of our fb pics, so when he appeared he was something like 5´4´! Im 5´9´! Of course it would have never occured to me to tell him he lied cause in his pics you couldnt notice he was short! Thats so douchey and mean i dont even know how people can think things like that!

Old 10-06-2013, 01:31 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
This mostly applies to online dating though it can apply to blind dates. What do you do when your online date is much fatter or uglier than their picture? I had a situation like this recently. Went to a bar and couldn't find my date. I called her and she told me was at the bar. I finally make out which girl is her. Problem is that she was fatter than her pic. Like 20-30 lbs heavier. She didn't really look like her pic anymore. Clearly taken like 2 years ago. I gave her one glance up and down and told her this won't work out, then left the bar. She did text me later, but I was done with her. Whats the protocol in these situations.
In a similar situation, I would have used a google voice #, less strings attached.

Online dating is full of false advertising and damaged goods, I think you did the right thing. Its like going to mcdonalds, they advertise with these pictures where the food actually looks good but you're getting something that doesn't match with the picture.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
In a similar situation, I would have used a google voice #, less strings attached.

Online dating is full of false advertising and damaged goods, I think you did the right thing. Its like going to mcdonalds, they advertise with these pictures where the food actually looks good but you're getting something that doesn't match with the picture.

OMG

Old 10-06-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Delusional and borderline sociopathic. People with mental illness quite often have this paranoid, the world-is-out-to-get-me mentality. And this poster along with a couple of others, as well as the OP, fit into that category of abnormal thinking in my opinion. Lashing out at people whom they perceive wronged them intentionally simply isn't how well adjusted people think.

exactly, people calling the woman a liar and justifying OP must be very mentally ill, i cant believe what im reading

Old 10-06-2013, 01:45 PM

Then people wonder whats wrong with men/women outhere?

reading this thread answers the majority of questions on the Relationships forum.

I mean there are a tons of FREAKS outhere that are willing to treat people like scum over NOTHING

some of the women and men who justified the OP should just get married and be mean to eachother for life.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:48 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
OP that was a dick move on your part IMO. I would at least of went on the date what do you have to lose?

I would like to think if a girl set me up on a blind date I would at least go. I have been in the OP shoes and I still went on the date or meet up with her.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:52 PM

Lets put things in perspective

TWENTY POUNDS IS NOTHING
If she was thin in the picture, theres no way 20 pounds would have make her "fat" or undesirable or ugly! If she was heavy, then 20 pounds wouldnt get much noticed anyway, and he knew he was gonna meet a heavy person so he just was rude for the sake of being rude.

Now: 20 pounds TRANSFORMING a person into someone you want a date with and someone you dont!!! thats the most ridicoulous thing i ever read and frankly not even believable!

so it seems that the OP just went out with a girl he ALREADY didnt like physically based on her pics to make her feel bad about herself. And a lot of people are justyfying it. Wow, thank god i live in a different hemisphere than all this douches!

Old 10-06-2013, 02:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
exactly, people calling the woman a liar and justifying OP must be very mentally ill, i cant believe what im reading
It's actually pretty funny, because on threads like this I have a mental list of how certain posters will respond. So far, my predictions have been nearly 100%.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Next thing i know well have a trhead about some guy in flames cause a GIANT LIAR sent him a picture with straight hair, but it turns out, in person, her hair was wavy!! He was so insultated by this MONUMENTAL lie, that he spit on her and walk away.

All the people that justify the OP here are gonna be congratulating the OP there cause "she had it coming "false advertising" "what she did was far worse"

UNBELIEVABLE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships