Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 02:20 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Next thing i know well have a trhead about some guy in flames cause a GIANT LIAR sent him a picture with straight hair, but it turns out, in person, her hair was wavy!! He was so insultated by this MONUMENTAL lie, that he spit on her and walk away.

All the people that justify the OP here are gonna be congratulating the OP there cause "she had it coming "false advertising" "what she did was far worse"

UNBELIEVABLE.
no that's your your imagination working overtime.

I'd welcome see her with wavy hair in real life, at least I'd know she has a flair of creativity and I like that

although 20 pounds extra lets me know she's having a losing fight with gravity. If you ordered something online and you used the picture to ultimately gauge your decision, when the item arrives badly damaged or worn out...you wouldn't be upset? Don't say no, because if you do you're lying and ultimately in denial.

it's a misrepresentation, that's something that upsets people. There's no need to list analogies and such this is something that happens across the spectrum. The thing is, with online dating people like to misrepresent themselves as something else, that's why it's not worth it. The thing that's more upsetting about the whole experience is that misrepresentation is so common and people accept it as if it were lint in their pocket.

to quote an old song "ain't nothing like the real thing".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 03:12 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,866 times
Maybe she forgot to tell you she was taking oral corticosteroids for asthma. Prednisone can make you look like you put on 20 pounds! Twenty pounds isn't a lot of weight to run away from. The girl may have been swollen all over and that will look like extra fat; water weight goes away, too. I'll bet she looks good now.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:34 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
Maybe she forgot to tell you she was taking oral corticosteroids for asthma. Prednisone can make you look like you put on 20 pounds! Twenty pounds isn't a lot of weight to run away from. The girl may have been swollen all over and that will look like extra fat; water weight goes away, too. I'll bet she looks good now.
perhaps acquaint yourself with occam's razor...

Old 10-06-2013, 04:36 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
In a similar situation, I would have used a google voice #, less strings attached.

Online dating is full of false advertising and damaged goods, I think you did the right thing. Its like going to mcdonalds, they advertise with these pictures where the food actually looks good but you're getting something that doesn't match with the picture.
And when is the last time you walked out of a fast food joint w/o your meal and refusing to pay, b/c it didn't look like the huge juicy burger you saw on TV last night? If I had to guess it would be. . . never.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 PM

896 posts, read 1,176,923 times
Quote:
Lets put things in perspective

TWENTY POUNDS IS NOTHING
If she was thin in the picture, theres no way 20 pounds would have make her "fat" or undesirable or ugly! If she was heavy, then 20 pounds wouldnt get much noticed anyway, and he knew he was gonna meet a heavy person so he just was rude for the sake of being rude.

Now: 20 pounds TRANSFORMING a person into someone you want a date with and someone you dont!!! thats the most ridicoulous thing i ever read and frankly not even believable!

so it seems that the OP just went out with a girl he ALREADY didnt like physically based on her pics to make her feel bad about herself. And a lot of people are justyfying it. Wow, thank god i live in a different hemisphere than all this douches!
No, and extra 20 pounds on a woman of average height (5'5") is a totally different body type. Why deny that? It is still attractive, but the types of men who dig it will depend on how you carry it. Some carry it in the butt, some in the boobs, some in the belly. But YES 20 pounds on a woman of average height does make a difference!

Old 10-06-2013, 07:47 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,523,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
But YES 20 pounds on a woman of average height does make a difference!
to an utterly out of this world insanely superficial person, maybe. But a difference to run away from without even given her a second look or the chance to talk? I mean her face must have been pretty to him if he made a date with her, but those 20 pounds actually TRANSFORMED her from a beauty into an ugly person? i mean thats AT LEAST insane, ridiculous, i think someone that feel a whole human being gets transformed into something not worthy of a second look by only 20 pounds is disturbed or mentally ill and i hate to think those people exist.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:52 PM

529 posts, read 702,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I gave her one glance up and down and told her this won't work out, then left the bar.
Wow, you're so cool. Oh, wait, no, you're just a douche.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,889,845 times
Quote:
plus, people here are using the world "liar" very lightly, they said she "lie"??? WTH she posted a pic in where she looks good so this means she lied and should be treated like scum??? like, i dont know, in my facebook profile pic my hair is straightened but my natural hair is more wavy so im a liar?? or if someone post a pic with great make up on and then in person they dont have as much make up they are liars??? or if i look better in my facebook pic than in person im a liar??? this is so ridicolous!! people justifying the douche actions and saying she LIED are frankly equally douchey as the OP

Lying is to post a pic of someone you are not, or someone CONSIDERABLY thinner/heavier. But 20 pounds??? like JJ say, maybe it was just a good picture. The OP behave like scum and the people justifying it are sad.

Like, i cant believe this, a while ago i went out with a guy i only knew through facebook and his pics, we never talked about our physical appearence before meeting, but we knew how we looked like cause of our fb pics, so when he appeared he was something like 5´4´! Im 5´9´! Of course it would have never occured to me to tell him he lied cause in his pics you couldnt notice he was short! Thats so douchey and mean i dont even know how people can think things like that!
The thing is we don't know how much she lied. Yes it may have been 10 pounds but it could have been 100 pounds or whatever. To me there is a big difference between someone who exaggerated versus a liar. I've had guys flat out lie to me claiming to be 100 pounds lighter, 6 inches taller, much older than they claimed and being married when they claimed to be single.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:00 PM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Wow, you're so cool. Oh, wait, no, you're just a douche.
LOL, it's funny cause when someone says what the OP says, it makes them look like the biggest azzhole in the world, and yet they walk away thinking how cool they are and how they gave it to someone....

LOL.... it's so completely embarrassing........ I actually physically winced when I read the OP I was so embarrassed for him.....

It's funny as hell when you are embarrassed for someone you don't even know.....

Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,523,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The thing is we don't know how much she lied. Yes it may have been 10 pounds but it could have been 100 pounds or whatever. To me there is a big difference between someone who exaggerated versus a liar. I've had guys flat out lie to me claiming to be 100 pounds lighter, 6 inches taller, much older than they claimed and being married when they claimed to be single.
I agree with you that those things you name are lies and people telling them are wrong, but the OP said she just was "20 pounds overweight" wich is nothing and actually in 2 pictures take at the same day i can easily look 20 pounds heavier/thinner depending on the angle, so for him to react like such a douche with something that could have been just a good picture of her is ridiculous and people calling "liar!" are ridiculous too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships