Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 01:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
Of course you're not seeing a solid argument from her, just the typical feminist snark. Who cares that the poor, poor Mexican woman is enjoying a higher standard of living than she ever would have and a better future for her offspring than she could have probably ever imagined.

After all, we all know that this woman won't be happy until she's slaving in a cubicle 60 hours a week as an HR analyst, outsourcing the care of her children to third-party strangers and on psychiatric medication as 1 in 4 American women currently are.

That's the feminist dream!!
So this Mexican woman should be GRATEFUL that her only (alleged) options were to be beaten by Mexican men or marry an American man that has no interest in her beyond a clean house and sex (heaven forbid that she should have the option of a man who is kindhearted, loving and interested in learning her language and being an equally yoked partner in the marriage). And to disagree is to be a snarky "feminist"? I am far from being a "feminist" but that is the only weapon that chauvinists have to pull when they have no valid points in any discussion with women.

There is so much misogyny and rage against women...all women...that is coming from the pro-mail order bride men posting in this thread. Thank you for revealing the true agenda of men who seek foreign brides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 01:18 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,235,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So this Mexican woman should be GRATEFUL that her only (alleged) options were to be beaten by Mexican men or marry an American man that has no interest in her beyond a clean house and sex (heaven forbid that she should have the option of a man who is kindhearted, loving and interested in learning her language and being an equally yoked partner in the marriage). And to disagree is to be a snarky "feminist"? I am far from being a "feminist" but that is the only weapon that chauvinists have to pull when they have no valid points in any discussion with women.

There is so much misogyny and rage against women...all women...that is coming from the pro-mail order bride men posting in this thread. Thank you for revealing the true agenda of men who seek foreign brides.
From people I have talked too the foreign women don't seem to mind it, still not seeing what the problem is. Some people don't want to be equally yoked, why are you putting a negative spin on anything that is not what YOU want? Maybe she would pick what you would pick if she had options, too bad not all of have such options, I would like a much hotter women without a kid and who does not want kids but I did not have that option, that's life.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:23 PM

52,322 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:

I'll say this as a blanket statement and may not be true 100 percent of the time, but most likely it is.

If a man exclusively only wants a mail order bride type and if she is also from an especially impoverished nation, that man has issues.

Real deep seated issues.

Of course the 4 or 5 guys that tout the mail order things will come to defend it, say how bad American women are and I'm a mangina or white knight or whatever drivel that will leak from their keyboards....

F it... I don't care....

Ok.... let the hate reps flow....

Old 12-22-2013, 01:28 PM

148 posts, read 292,902 times
My neighbor had a mail-order bride from Russia. She was obviously looking for a way out to a better world. Who can blame her? She was one of the good ones though and didn't immediately divorce him and take him for all he was worth. Be careful, because many of these women grew up in hardship and will do anything to get to a better life, including hurting an innocent and naive guy. If you go through with it, I would recommend flying over to meet her THERE and not meeting for the first time when she arrives. And if it doesn't work it, maybe while you're there you can meet more eligible women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
From people I have talked too the foreign women don't seem to mind it, still not seeing what the problem is. Some people don't want to be equally yoked, why are you putting a negative spin on anything that is not what YOU want? Maybe she would pick what you would pick if she had options, too bad not all of have such options, I would like a much hotter women without a kid and who does not want kids but I did not have that option, that's life.
So you talk to the men who have married foreign brides and THEY tell you what their wife thinks. Got it.

By the way, "equally yoked" or more specifically unequally yoked is a biblical reference.

Also, what makes you think that this HOT woman is going to stay with you once she gets to the US and sees BETTER options and GREATER opportunities?

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
From people I have talked too the foreign women don't seem to mind it,
Especially the dead ones. What about the ones in women's shelters? Have you talked to the women who staff rescue organizations for foreign brides?

Look, at best, the mail-order thing is a mixed bag. Some do well and are happy. Others...not so much. Can we leave it at that?

Old 12-22-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll say this as a blanket statement and may not be true 100 percent of the time, but most likely it is.

If a man exclusively only wants a mail order bride type and if she is also from an especially impoverished nation, that man has issues.

Real deep seated issues.

Of course the 4 or 5 guys that tout the mail order things will come to defend it, say how bad American women are and I'm a mangina or white knight or whatever drivel that will leak from their keyboards....

F it... I don't care....

Ok.... let the hate reps flow....
Real deep issues, like constant rejection and involuntary celibacy. Maybe they can get a special pharmaceutical for it that just makes these men sit and stare at the wall and drewl instead of seeking a better life else where

Old 12-22-2013, 01:33 PM

52,322 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Real deep issues, like constant rejection and involuntary celibacy. Maybe they can get a special pharmaceutical for it that just makes these men sit and stare at the wall and drewl instead of seeking a better life else where
Exhibit A

Old 12-22-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
So you talk to the men who have married foreign brides and THEY tell you what their wife thinks. Got it.

By the way, "equally yoked" or more specifically unequally yoked is a biblical reference.

Also, what makes you think that this HOT woman is going to stay with you once she gets to the US and sees BETTER options and GREATER opportunities?
Have you ever read the bible, most specificly the old testimate but even in the new testimate all the old marriage rules still applied where the woman was property. The modern church we see today is so far from the bible its not even funny. It would be like having assigned reading out of a calculus book for a Russian class. Even if the churches wanted to go back to the bible they cant because there is no way the courts or the legal system would allow it.

What makes you think I would take her to the USA and that I would not move to her country? That's the smart thing to do, even 3rd world or 2nd world nations have somewhat upscale areas you can take her too but your still living under their laws and not the US laws which are horrid.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you need to work on making yourself a better person instead of searching the world for a woman desperate enough to deal with your shortcomings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships