Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,912 times

Advertisements

I am a Latino male (look like Fez from 70s show) and I have pretty much dated White girls ever since I started dating. Even though I grew up in a diverse area I didn't have much attraction for Black or Asian women. Latinas are not as common where I am at either.

I just notice that whenever me or my Korean friend date White girls, we get a load of hatred. For some reason a lot of it tends to come from minorities more so than White people.

My Korean friend receives a lot of hate from Asian people in general and other minorities who are shocked that a White girl would date an Asian male, they make jokes about it. He receives some from White males but it is usually the ones you can look at and tell that they are not dating anyone (they are mostly single, geeky, and just seem hateful in general).

One thing that really gets me is because I am dark, I am starting to receive hate from younger Black girls for dating White girls. Now I don't even look Black but somehow a lot of these Black girls make me feel guilty for dating a White girl. The Latinas I have run into (mostly Puerto Rican), do the same thing as well.

I am in Atlanta and race relations here aren't that good.

Will I have to deal with this everywhere?

Old 09-22-2013, 10:59 AM

896 posts, read 1,177,710 times
You have to deal with the fact that you are overly concerned with how other people view you. That's your real problem. It is perfectly normal to have outsiders dissaprove of ones lifestyle choices. The question is, why do you care so much?

Old 09-22-2013, 11:41 AM

4,704 posts, read 25,305,824 times
I think you are hanging out in the wrong areas, or around the wrong people then. I go to Atlanta frequently and see lots of mixed race couples.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:06 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesXavius View Post
because some of these people go out of their way to comment on it and actually disrupt my life with their discomfort
So? Some people go out of their way to disparage fat people. Some people go out of their way to disparage people for their height or for having a low level job. People suck, nothing you can do about it. I suggest you work on your own self esteem so that your detractors don't bother you so much.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:22 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,778 times
Quote:
I am a Latino male (look like Fez from 70s show) and I have pretty much dated White girls ever since I started dating. Even though I grew up in a diverse area I didn't have much attraction for Black or Asian women. Latinas are not as common where I am at either.

I just notice that whenever me or my Korean friend date White girls, we get a load of hatred. For some reason a lot of it tends to come from minorities more so than White people.

My Korean friend receives a lot of hate from Asian people in general and other minorities who are shocked that a White girl would date an Asian male, they make jokes about it. He receives some from White males but it is usually the ones you can look at and tell that they are not dating anyone (they are mostly single, geeky, and just seem hateful in general).

One thing that really gets me is because I am dark, I am starting to receive hate from younger Black girls for dating White girls. Now I don't even look Black but somehow a lot of these Black girls make me feel guilty for dating a White girl. The Latinas I have run into (mostly Puerto Rican), do the same thing as well.

Getting "hate" from other people isn't something you can do anything about. People are going to do what they're going to do, and they do it for their own reasons. You may be getting more in Atlanta than you would in other places, since, as you wrote, race relations there aren't that good. That doesn't mean that you won't get it other places as well.

"Making you feel guilty" is a different matter. People can't make you feel guilty about things that you don't feel guilty about. Are they really making you feel guilty about dating white women?

Old 09-22-2013, 02:00 PM

208 posts, read 372,576 times
I've dated Latino, Asian and white girls.

White being the most.

It never was an issue.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:13 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
God no.

Come to Australia, everyone's caramel coloured.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:

I'm sorry but this does not sound like a real issue.

I find it interesting that you are attempting to spark a race/dating debate by tossing in ALL races into the mix. Trying to cover all of the bases, eh?

Old 09-22-2013, 03:43 PM

809 posts, read 1,273,845 times
Nobody can make you feel bad for dating a white girl as long as you are not subconsciously insecure yourself and you subconsciously put white women on a pedestal above other races to up your social standing. This is a trait non-white brothers share a lot and it's understandable. Once a mouse, always a mouse.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:44 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,966 times
Quote:
Yes, saying stuff like I am turning my back on my own kind and all White women are this way or that way.

Like there are times I cannot even sit down and have a nice meal in a school setting without someone saying "there goes the White girl chaser" or some really discomforting stuff like that.

Well, you made the choice to overlook your own race (and others) for white chicks..so..it is what it is. Deal with it is all I can say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships