Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 12:55 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,549,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Probably not. I like cavemen.

very funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 03:40 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,063,451 times
Nope.

1 - I'm not interested in any direct or passive aggressive guilt tripping or lectures about what I eat because I will slap you with a steak.

2 - Even if you're not one of "those" vegans, it's still likely a no because I don't like simple things like eating to be complicated. I like to dine out sometimes and I don't feel like having to research whether or not places have vegan options. I like spontaneity and being able to just run in some place that looks interesting as we pass by.

Same reason I won't knowingly date someone with severe food allergies. I can think of nothing I want less than to share my life with someone who could drop dead because of an effing peanut. No offense to all you allergic folk out there! You're beautiful people. I'd just probably end up inadvertently killing you is all.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
I think it's courteous to consider your partner's dietary choices. My vegetarian husband had to go to a working lunch, and his boss chose a sports bar and grill. There was literally not one vegetarian option, so he had to skip lunch. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to find vegan food in most restaurants; vegetarian is hard enough. I wouldn't enjoy my meal if the person I was with couldn't eat anything or had to eat a plate of fries for dinner.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:42 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,216,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
Nope.

1 - I'm not interested in any direct or passive aggressive guilt tripping or lectures about what I eat because I will slap you with a steak.

2 - Even if you're not one of "those" vegans, it's still likely a no because I don't like simple things like eating to be complicated. I like to dine out sometimes and I don't feel like having to research whether or not places have vegan options. I like spontaneity and being able to just run in some place that looks interesting as we pass by.

Same reason I won't knowingly date someone with severe food allergies. I can think of nothing I want less than to share my life with someone who could drop dead because of an effing peanut. No offense to all you allergic folk out there! You're beautiful people. I'd just probably end up inadvertently killing you is all.

Again, you're not the babysitter or dictator who has to worry about other people's dietary needs. I know which restaurants have a wide selection for me. That's MY responsibility to know. My SO tells the waiter to "hold the [whatever he doesn't want/can't have]" when he orders. He neither needs nor wants me to hover over him when he chooses what to eat.

Some of you meat-eaters are cracking me up. You seem to think you have to worry about how a grown man or woman eats. You need to give people some credit. Really.

And you people who are paranoid about allergies, you'd better hope you don't develop a food allergy later in life. Happens all the time. Somehow, I doubt you'd be singing the same tune. Something tells me you'll just expect everyone else to cater to you. Generally people who assume the worst in others are living in glass houses, projecting.

But here's a good bet: With 66% of people in this country overweight or obese, it's a good bet that at least some of you will develop type 2 diabetes. Guess no one will be allowed to eat a slice of cake around you at that point.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:50 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,464,654 times
yah sure, no reason not to..
unless they go all food nazi on me or attempt to shame my eating habits...but then i can just chalk that up to being a moron, which has nothing to do with what they eat

Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think it's courteous to consider your partner's dietary choices. My vegetarian husband had to go to a working lunch, and his boss chose a sports bar and grill. There was literally not one vegetarian option, so he had to skip lunch. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to find vegan food in most restaurants; vegetarian is hard enough. I wouldn't enjoy my meal if the person I was with couldn't eat anything or had to eat a plate of fries for dinner.
It's one thing to consider. It's another thing to take responsibility for them upon yourself, which is what some of these people seem to think it's their place to do, or seem to think veggies expect them to do. Nothing could be further from the truth.

A sports bar can put together something vegetarian if requested. They serve salads and potatoes, and some serve pasta. He could have gotten loaded skins without the bacon or something like that. There's really no place where you can't eat vegetarian. I can manage it at Ruby Tuesday's, where nearly everything has chicken in it. You simply say, "I'll have the cajun chicken pasta, without the chicken. Just the sauce and the pasta." I've never had a problem with that.

Or you order several sides, as someone else suggested.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,341,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Wow. You're a disturbed individual. I never asked for a medal for doing the appropriate thing. I think what I did is a normal thing to do. Clearly you do not and tend to date selfish people and are selfish yourself. Fine, you own your vegetarianism. Good for freaking you.

And yes, having traveled with vegans and vegetarians it is a PITA often enough. Living with them is often a PITA too due to the having separate cookware, and not wanting to be in the kitchen when meat is cooking as well. That is fairly common.

So you can get off you're idiotic high horse now. Your giving a bad name to reasonable vegetarians.
Wait...what? I had no idea being a vegetarian was just like keeping a kosher kitchen.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,959,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enfantsterrible View Post
Hi All,

I have been either vegan or vegetarian for a combined 6 years, and am vegan currently. I did so because I love animals and personally don't feel comfortable eating them for this reason. However, I do not judge or preach on people who eat meat (after all, I was an omnivore the first 28 years of my life, so who am I to judge anyone). I am a woman, and I know most men aren't vegan or vegetarian, and wonder if I liked a guy (I am 35 by the way) and he liked me, would my being vegan be off-putting or a deterrent? Again, I would have no problem with someone I was dating not being veg, as long as he respected that I am...cause I am not changing that for anyone. So, to the non-veg guys out there- would you date a woman who was vegan?

Nope. Vegetarians suck

Old 09-30-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Wait...what? I had no idea being a vegetarian was just like keeping a kosher kitchen.
Amazing, the things you learn about vegetarianism from people who aren't vegetarians, isn't it?

Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,005,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Nope. Vegetarians suck
Some guys consider that a plus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships