Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 AM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie988 View Post
Ok so I've been dating for a while now and it seems that every guy is a player or unreliable in some way or they just want sex and nothing else. How do you go about finding good men aged 20-30? I don't care about looks or how much money he makes. I just want someone honest, kind, smart and romantic. I don't want to do the online dating thing. I tried it once and I got 1,000,000 messages, most of them perverted.

Where are the good men???
Where do you look for men? Have you joined any sports or hiking groups? Volunteered for political or enviro orgs or community orgs? Theater groups? I think some of the good guys in this age group tend to hang out with their friends, wondering where all the good women are. Everyone really needs to get out and mingle more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 11:48 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,986,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
New York City
damn right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Usually when a person blames their dating woes on substantial portion of the opposite sex, they are usually the ones that need to do some adjusting.
another +1 from me on this

Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM

134 posts, read 214,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Remember, nowadays a lot of men in their 20s early 30s are products of the so-called "hook up culture," where no-strings sex and "friends with benefits" arrangements are the norm.
You can thank women for that. It takes 2 to tango. The Sexual Revolution gave us women who would shamelessly hookup with us. We're talking full advantage of that gratuity.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,903,189 times
Quote:
Where are the good men???

Have you tried Treky conventions? Councilors at fat camps? Intr"a"net gaming parties???

There my young lass, I was told by a gold buckled shoe wearing wee lad you will find good men. Or so it was told...

Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I'm right here!

Oh, you mean available good men...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
hey hey, Cassie, waz up? I'm 5' 1" 250lbs, single, and available

shut it you two,
the stallion is here!

jokes aside,
as woman, just join any dating site, your new problem will be sorting off ll the lads you don't want :P
after that prepare yourself for a year full of free cofee at the café...

Old 10-01-2013, 12:13 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
Age does not equate maturity. Its the individual that is mature or immature.
"Age does not equate maturity."

I don't no where that saying comes from but if you look at any area that would measure maturity: "Education", "Stability", "Financial success", "Ability to support parents or children", there is almost no area where someone would become less mature with age?

As an example that wouldn't apply to me or any of my friends or people I graduated with. When we were in our 20's, in, and just out of college we were partying 24/7, blowing every penny we had going out and having fun. 30s came around, most all of us got are financial act together, many got married settled down and had kids. For "most" people Maturity does come with age. The opposite is almost never true.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:16 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,986,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

I don't no where that saying comes from but if you look at any area that would measure maturity: "Education", "Stability", "Financial success", "Ability to support parents or children", there is almost no area where someone would become less mature with age?

As an example that wouldn't apply to me or any of my friends or people I graduated with. When we were in our 20's, in, and just out of college we were partying 24/7, blowing every penny we had going out and having fun. 30s came around, most all of us got are financial act together, many got married settled down and had kids. For "most" people Maturity does come with age. The opposite is almost never true.
i actually had a hell of a lot more responsibility in my twenties than i have now my thirties

i think the objection is more that the stereotypes that are applied to people in their late teens and twenties are wrong more commonly than people think, and also that some people just never really "grow up"

Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
It's been my experience that a lot of the good men tend to be a bit quiet (not always, but a lot of times). Sometimes you have to seek them out and break the ice before they will make a move.
This is it. Many of them can be reticent, and some get into a bit of a rut, hanging out with their friends. You really have to circulate, and search them out.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:26 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,011,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

I don't think maturity is based on any of the things you listed.

Maturity is about life experience, most often. It's not bout being able to bankroll family or how many degrees you have.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,001,571 times
Quote:
Yes available good men. I am tired of little boys. I should have added that I am thinking of dating older men just for the maturity factor.
Sorry, but the older men who are willing to date younger women are much less mature!

I know it's tough to find good guys, but they do exist. Think about where the guy you want hangs out, and guys you don't want, don't. In other words not bars . Maybe meetup groups related to a hobby you would like to have in common? What kinds of stuff are you into?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships