Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 03:14 PM

76 posts, read 61,371 times

Advertisements

Oh yes that is what I mean, looking for deeper things. I meant settling in a subjective sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2023, 03:55 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,240,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonica44 View Post
Oh yes that is what I mean, looking for deeper things. I meant settling in a subjective sense.
You mean settling as in not placing such a high value on hotness?

I think in a lot of cases our eyes deceive us. We overlook a lot of relief fantastic people because they're not pretty. That's a hard thing to learn not to do but once you figure it out you'll find that there's a wider range of attractive people because you learn to be attracted to people rather than ideals.

It is a hard thing to do especially in a visual world whatever consumed by watching and viewing things. But as a person that has struggled with this in my life and had some amount of success with It I will tell you it is 100% worth it. And if I knew that what I knew now I would have been working on this when I was a 9 year old.

Old 10-24-2023, 04:30 AM

761 posts, read 454,653 times
I don't like asking my current bf for money so we both have debit cards to his account, he just wants me to be happy and I love it. We all know the only one's who are complaining are the broke ones so when a man calls a woman a gold digger, it just means he can’t afford to date her. I have never paid for a date or a drink in my life, I love when men pay for me not just dates but everything else. Men with money love to provide, they don't care what you do for a living, they want to know if you are free to be pampered and spoiled.

Old 10-24-2023, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
You mean settling as in not placing such a high value on hotness?

I think in a lot of cases our eyes deceive us. We overlook a lot of relief fantastic people because they're not pretty. That's a hard thing to learn not to do but once you figure it out you'll find that there's a wider range of attractive people because you learn to be attracted to people rather than ideals.

It is a hard thing to do especially in a visual world whatever consumed by watching and viewing things. But as a person that has struggled with this in my life and had some amount of success with It I will tell you it is 100% worth it. And if I knew that what I knew now I would have been working on this when I was a 9 year old.
Oh you mean it's worth not only going for the hottest looking woman?

Old 10-24-2023, 01:58 PM

32,158 posts, read 34,833,561 times
Quote:
I imagine most people have tried that. I'm sure a lot of people have their perfect physical "10" in mind but then realize they're not going to get that, especially after accounting for personality, integrity/morals, compatibility, ambition, etc. So they focus more on the 6-8 range. After that doesn't work out, they focus on the 5-6 range. But there comes a point where they're simply not attracted to someone and it would be doing the other person a disservice to enter into a relationship with them. If you need a few shots and pep talk to go out on a date with someone, you're probably better off leaving them alone.

Old 10-24-2023, 02:20 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,488,650 times
In my experience, the number of gold diggers depends on the site you're using. The more serious sites where you pay a monthly fee has far fewer. The free sites are loaded with scammers (over 90%) who eventually ask for money even before meeting (which almost never happens anyway), which may not be the same as gold diggers, but both want your money.

Old 10-24-2023, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonica44 View Post
Oh you mean it's worth not only going for the hottest looking woman?
No I mean it's worth getting to know people that may not be the hottest.

Old 10-24-2023, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I imagine most people have tried that. I'm sure a lot of people have their perfect physical "10" in mind but then realize they're not going to get that, especially after accounting for personality, integrity/morals, compatibility, ambition, etc. So they focus more on the 6-8 range. After that doesn't work out, they focus on the 5-6 range. But there comes a point where they're simply not attracted to someone and it would be doing the other person a disservice to enter into a relationship with them. If you need a few shots and pep talk to go out on a date with someone, you're probably better off leaving them alone.
I don't think I've ever found someone that physically unappealing.

Old 10-24-2023, 03:08 PM

Quote:
No I mean it's worth getting to know people that may not be the hottest.
Oh yes I see.

Old 10-24-2023, 03:53 PM

32,158 posts, read 34,833,561 times
Quote:
I don't think I've ever found someone that physically unappealing.
That's good for you.

Most people are going to experience situations where they simply are not going to find someone attractive no matter how hard they squint. At best, they might find the person "tolerable." Personally, I would not want to be with someone who found me "tolerable" and overlooked my several physical flaws that would have been dealbreakers in the past because I have such a great personality.

There's no obligation to marry or even be in a relationship with someone so I've never really understood why people are so eager to advise people to relax their physical standards. As I said before, most people have already relaxed their standards quite a bit, and what you're essentially asking them to do is to go past their breaking point for the sake of having someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships