Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 PM

4 posts, read 4,988 times

Advertisements

I am a Black male with a British accent (used to live in the UK and grew up there). When I lived in New York and California, I attracted all kinds of women. Right now I am in Georgia, the only kind of women I attract are Black. Nothing has changed, I am still the same me. Location changed and so did my dating results.

I see so many Latino, Asian, Black, and Indian men in Georgia who are so shy around White women because throughout growing up here in Georgia they were taught to never interact with these women the same way they would with women of other races.

Many of these men like girls who are White but see them as out of their league, because of race alone. I have met tons of such men online.

As a man who has lived in California and New York and seen such is not true at all, I would love to deliver this message to all of these men out there so insecure about their ethnicity but it seems like almost no dating forums allow talks about race.

Why?

Why do we want to hold this information from all of these men?

Is it because we secretly hate the idea of a White woman hooking up with a minority?

Old 10-11-2013, 09:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Many date other races.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:28 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Different parts of the country are still a little more conservative in that department.

It's changing, just takes time is all.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:40 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,491,161 times
I still don't understand why a persons race..in this case white...is so important. Does it really matter if the girls are white, black or whatever if they're nice people and overall have attractive qualities?

Old 10-11-2013, 09:45 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,274,204 times
I think that geography definitely plays a role in your dating life. taking race out of the equation, most people can attest that in certain cities or areas they had different options or different limitations. Maybe the south for YOU was not the best place for you to be it because it placed limits on your options. However I can say that as a person who lived in a southern conservative state a couple of years ago I saw PLENTY of black men with white women and the reverse. At the time there were several black guys that lived in my apartment that brought home different white women several times throughout the year. I don't know if they struggled to meet these particular woman but i do know I never saw them with black women. In living in different states, the Midwest at one point, the south in another point, and the east now I have to say things have been pretty consistent in terms of the quantity of men I am attracting. And there are even similarities in looks with the men that I've met. But I've noticed differences in each state in terms of the types of men that are attracted to me and sometimes I've been surprised.

My point is that I'm sure geography plays a role for MOST people in the dating game, not just men of color. And i don't think there is a secret operation in place trying to keep men of color from talking about their experiences trying to date white women. The big question is why are minority men so fixated on snagging white women and having white women as a dating option? Does it mean something is wrong with you or that you are not attractive or successful if you can't date a white woman? What is up with this fixation and fascination amongst men of color and white women? I'm truly curious.

It's bizarre the number of men obsessed with the race of women they can attract and date.

Excuse the typos, on my iPhone.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:58 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,773,824 times
Definitely geography. West coast, interracial dating happens frequently.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:56 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times
Eh, idk. i think its basically that many of those online discussions get trolled by race baiters and hater, which is and will be a very charged topic. just look at the hate going on to President Obama, even though we are "so progressive" in electing a black man as the leader of the free world.

if you keep the discussion on preference, whites prefer whites, etc., it's much more harmless. after all, who doesn't generally prefer someone of similar cultural background? but then some want something different and it certainly does happen too. it's not racists, it fundamentally a human right to associate yourself with those you want to associate with. it just illegal in the workplace based on laws promoting national standards. no one is going to make mixed race dating illegal (anymore), but there will always be stigma. like me, for example, i've decided i would never be romantically involved with a muslim or islamist woman. just not me, not interested.

and btw, ppl often mistakenly believe that discrimination is illegal. not at all, only in the workplace and commercial settings. ppl are free to discriminate against race for those who they associate, befriend, date, and mate, pretty much in their personal affairs. perfectly legal. but engaging in hateful speech, or social marginalization will certainly bring public rebuke.

look at this whole birther issue against obama that continues to exists. it's pretty much code for racists, KKK types.

Last edited by nokiddin; 10-11-2013 at 11:42 PM..

Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,749 times
Race doesn't matter for men.. only status. Race only becomes an issue when all other things are equal.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:28 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,224 times
mmmm...men of color are generally valued less than white men...

Old 10-12-2013, 01:21 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Geography has a lot to do with it but also economics, political climate, education and to a lesser extent faith when it all comes down to interracial dating. Like for example here in NYC I can go to s racially homogenous middle income blue color moderately educated neighborhood where people date within the very same race, but if I take a trip to Lower Manhattan where plenty of liberal, money earning highly educated people, live work and play one will always run into interracial couple especially Asian woman white man and black man white woman. Me personally I only do well with Hispanic and mixed race women and do not do well with attracting racially homogenous women in my neck of the woods. However when I step outside of my city and visit the south or the west I do get attention and approaches from white women. For me race is not an issue but I do have a preference for mixed race looking woman.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-12-2013 at 01:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships