Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 06:41 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,022,788 times

Advertisements

... I randomly came across a website with the motto "go on dates with people who look like what you look like."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 06:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Is that really shallow if you aren't hot?

Old 10-19-2013, 06:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
How is that shallow again?

Old 10-19-2013, 06:48 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,867 times
Well, that'll solve the problem of people putting up pictures that don't look anything like themselves(now)

Old 10-19-2013, 06:52 PM

529 posts, read 702,576 times
So what? People always take looks into account, men and women. Every dating website has photos as the cornerstone. All pay sites require subscriptions before you can look at photos. What's the problem here? I've seen many a profile where it sounds great and then I see the photo and I'm like "yeesh ...nah" and I'm sure women have done the same to my profile. That's called life. We're not blind.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Is that really shallow if you aren't hot?
While ideally I say no, it wouldn't be. However, I see this as being the site the anti-fatties and "pretty people" flock to so they can weed out all of the 'lesser' prospects.

I came across this site because I did a google for a username so I could reference a profile I know that is out there with the typical cliches as discussed in the thread of what is said and what it really means. This particular username is a former classmate of mine and considered a "pretty" boy; the jock in school with the looks to go with it. I am referencing his profile because he says he wants XYZ in a girlfriend and "is tired of" getting ABC. But, then goes on stating how he wants characteristics of an ABC type girl. (Think: Jersey Shore kind of girl). And then goes on with his profile about how he's tired of meeting the same type over and over again and wants something new, fresh and different.....

And, I found he now has an alternate profile on the site I referenced. So, obviously, he wants a girl that is not like the typical girl he attracts, but he is only willing to look at girls that look like the typical girl he attracts. Good luck, my friend. Good luck.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:55 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times
I don't think I want to date a guy who looks like me.

Or a woman. I would feel like I was dating my sister!

Old 10-19-2013, 06:55 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
I don't think I'd be attracted to a female who looks like me. I'd like to avoid stubble burns.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I don't think I want to date a guy who looks like me.

Or a woman. I would feel like I was dating my sister!
Creepy!

Old 10-19-2013, 06:58 PM

529 posts, read 702,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
I came across this site because I did a google for a username so I could reference a profile I know that is out there with the typical cliches as discussed in the thread of what is said and what it really means. This particular username is a former classmate of mine and considered a "pretty" boy; the jock in school with the looks to go with it. I am referencing his profile because he says he wants XYZ in a girlfriend and "is tired of" getting ABC. But, then goes on stating how he wants characteristics of an ABC type girl. (Think: Jersey Shore kind of girl). And then goes on with his profile about how he's tired of meeting the same type over and over again and wants something new, fresh and different.....

And, I found he now has an alternate profile on the site I referenced. So, obviously, he wants a girl that is not like the typical girl he attracts, but he is only willing to look at girls that look like the typical girl he attracts. Good luck, my friend. Good luck.
Why do you care so much what is going on with this guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships