Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 AM

134 posts, read 214,304 times

Advertisements

A few pts:
  • 1) Any above-average woman (i.e. a woman in the top 50%) gets loads of attention from men, while a man has to be in the top 2-3% to get any attention from women.
  • 2) What makes 1) worse is that men are supposed to have confidence and self-esteem. The 97-98% of men who don't get attention from women have to conjure false confidence out of thin air. On the other hand, any above-average woman gets tons of confidence-building attention and validation.
  • 3) Women want a man who makes at least as much money as them, and strongly prefer rich men, while men will date women of any income bracket.
  • 4) Women obviously care about looks, and there's a strong argument that they care about looks more than men do. The problem for men is that the 2 things that significantly detract from our looks -- being short or bald -- are things that are outside our control. The things that detract from a woman's looks are being overweight or having no rack; remedies exist for both those problems. Moreover, women have a more narrow and uncompromising set of physical preferences than men. That's why, if you read women's romance novels, every guy is described the exact same (as someone no this forum once mentioned).
  • 5) Men are supposed to be the entertainers on dates; women are the entertainees. It's always more difficult to be the entertainer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 06:35 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,414 times
When you get out in the world and meet real women (and not just in the romance novels or on reality TV), let me know.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:50 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
why do you weirdos sit around and write up this crap? it's the weekend for cripe's sake, if you are single why aren't you out enjoying it, and being open to the possibility of meeting someone?

Old 10-20-2013, 06:56 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Do you actually KNOW any women in real life??
I'm thinking you don't.

It's pretty evident from your post.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:06 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
I can agree with most of the OP . I find women seem to be more concerned with what other women think, than what their own men think.Of course I think romance novels are damaging as well. Modern women demand a lot more, and that is more than a lot of guys can handle. Women have the energy to go shopping ,but not to do dishes. Tired most of the time, but energy enough to party. Guys don't generally make excuses for every little thing, till they get older and are worne out from being dependable . I think the OP is right , Women don't work as hard to find companionship, it seems they put more effort to keep men away,but tease the daylights out of them in the meantime. I don't see men actually teasing women that way ever. It may be inadvertant but not deliberate. Exception must exist but I don't know any personally.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Don't forget something I just read in another thread: no longer allowing older men to pursue 15-year-olds. Darn you, feminists!

Old 10-20-2013, 07:07 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I can agree with most of the OP . I find women seem to be more concerned with what other women think, than what their own men think.Of course I think romance novels are damaging as well. Modern women demand a lot more, and that is more than a lot of guys can handle. Women have the energy to go shopping ,but not to do dishes. Tired most of the time, but energy enough to party. Guys don't generally make excuses for every little thing, till they get older and are worne out from being dependable . I think the OP is right , Women don't work as hard to find companionship, it seems they put more effort to keep men away,but tease the daylights out of them in the meantime. I don't see men actually teasing women that way ever. It may be inadvertant but not deliberate. Exception must exist but I don't know any personally.
I see you and the OP must be hanging out together, not meeting real women.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:09 AM

175 posts, read 275,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
A few pts:
  • 1) Any above-average woman (i.e. a woman in the top 50%) gets loads of attention from men, while a man has to be in the top 2-3% to get any attention from women.
  • 2) What makes 1) worse is that men are supposed to have confidence and self-esteem. The 97-98% of men who don't get attention from women have to conjure false confidence out of thin air. On the other hand, any above-average woman gets tons of confidence-building attention and validation.
  • 3) Women want a man who makes at least as much money as them, and strongly prefer rich men, while men will date women of any income bracket.
  • 4) Women obviously care about looks, and there's a strong argument that they care about looks more than men do. The problem for men is that the 2 things that significantly detract from our looks -- being short or bald -- are things that are outside our control. The things that detract from a woman's looks are being overweight or having no rack; remedies exist for both those problems. Moreover, women have a more narrow and uncompromising set of physical preferences than men. That's why, if you read women's romance novels, every guy is described the exact same (as someone no this forum once mentioned).
  • 5) Men are supposed to be the entertainers on dates; women are the entertainees. It's always more difficult to be the entertainer.

1. It's a mans job to give attention to woman, that's our culture as humans and thats just the way it is. I'm a man & I agree it sucks. Women very rarely approach men.
2. No comment, thats the way it is.
3. Do they? Says who? What about the million of men world wide who don't earn much yet are married with kids or in relationships?
4. If thats your argument, all men only look for a young, short, busty blonde. What about old, tall, non busty women? How do they find someone?
5. It's only difficult if you let it be. And yes your right - thats the way it is.

Keep having that attitude and you'll carry on having no success with woman. It's foolish of me to perseve that you don't, but if you were happy with your dating life why would you look into/post this/look for excuses.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:10 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Don't forget something I just read in another thread: no longer allowing older men to pursue 15-year-olds. Darn you, feminists!
you now have to do that in secret and join the LDS.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Before one starts a thread about how men and women in real life interact and what is going with the entire dating issue,
one really should go out into real life and interact with other humans and see for themselves how the entire dating thing is going.
Reading a bunch of statistics from a bunch of overpaid poll takers is not actually gaining any experience in real life and dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships