Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 796 times

Advertisements

I'm 16 and I'm in my first ever relationship. We've been dating for 4 months and I really liked him when we first started dating. But lately I don't think I feel the same way and I don't know why. He's a really great guy and he's still the same guy he was when I really liked him. He said he has strong feelings about me but I don't think I do for him anymore. I do care a lot about him and would hate to hurt him but I don't feel it anymore. I think I might regret this later if I tell him I want to take a break, but I think I just have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 07:04 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,966,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney560 View Post
I'm 16 and I'm in my first ever relationship. We've been dating for 4 months and I really liked him when we first started dating. But lately I don't think I feel the same way and I don't know why. He's a really great guy and he's still the same guy he was when I really liked him. He said he has strong feelings about me but I don't think I do for him anymore. I do care a lot about him and would hate to hurt him but I don't feel it anymore. I think I might regret this later if I tell him I want to take a break, but I think I just have to.
There are stages in a relationship...

You have passed that "infatuation" stage and a "love" stage never set in.

In other words if he is right for you then the bond would get stronger.

I think you are doing the right thing by breaking it off.

You are young, much, much time ahead of you.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:13 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,670,201 times
You have our permission.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 PM

324 posts, read 441,484 times
Tell him the following lines , " its not you its me"
"I'm not ready for a serious relationship" " I need some time alone " "I need to focus on my school" ( which you really do actually) "need some space" etc etc

Old 10-20-2013, 07:54 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,645,710 times
in two years you can date me . I will be all done with college and have my life all together.

I am joking you are way to young to be dating right now anyways.

What you need to do is hang out with guys to find the type of guy you like . Also do not get knock up being a single mom not fun or easy. Oh get good grades and go to college and have fun.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:58 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,361,564 times
oh no, someone is getting the I still love you, "BUT" speech from a 16yrold

Old 10-20-2013, 08:46 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,420,475 times
Quote:
Your heart knows what you want.

Your head has to convince yourself to stop feeling guilty.

It's your life. Make it a good one.

And, break up with him in a way that's logical and objective. That way, his heart isn't as hurt.

Ex, "We do not share... similar interests.. values.. personality styles."

Legit reasons. Honest and gentle.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,111,311 times
You are young and have a whole lifetime ahead of you, you would be very foolish to think a relationship with this guy will last forever. Date other people put off getting serious about anyone until you are at least 25 years old, gain some experience so you will know what you really want out of life. Usually when you 'take a break' you never get back together again on a permanent basis...

Old 10-20-2013, 08:52 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,291,702 times
Quote:

Yup, you should, you are too young to be in an exclusive relationship.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 PM

4 posts, read 7,218 times
Well, it's your "first ever" relationship. Believe me, I look back to when I was 16 and who I dated and typically my response is "what was I thinking??"

You're still finding yourself, even if you don't realize it. A year from now, even 6 months, you won't be the same person you are right here and now. It's ok to change your mind, it's ok to feel differently. It's expected. Sometimes things have to fall apart to make way for better things.

Also, the fact that you're debating continuing the relationship is a pretty clear red flag that you should end it. It isn't fair to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships