Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 02:42 PM

377 posts, read 620,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
True. Although something tells me it is not your looks, but your misanthropic or cold manner that keeps people away. Have people ever called you "odd" or "creepy"? Just something to think about.
Only been called creepy by women, and I'm quite sure they meant it synonymous for "ugly guy who's potentially dangerous". The funny thing being these are the same women I would avoid as much as possible and they tried to interact with me more than they actually needed, most likely to laugh behind my back at what a supposed pathetic creep I am and to feel better about themselves and their lives.

I highly doubt my misanthropic disposition which is obvious online comes out much when interacting with other men as I tend to get along with them for the most part. At least when it comes to the professional world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 02:50 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
I'm 28 year old, have a PhD, have a good job that pays me well and for the most part I'm happy with my and content with my life for the first time in my life. Recently, though, people such as my close and extended family and colleagues are starting to wonder if I'm gay or not because I've never been in a relationship. How is it they can't figure out the true reason I've never had a woman interested in me? My freakishly ugly face, of course. That is not an exaggeration, and in fact, I was ridiculed and bullied over my freakish looks throughout elementary and middle school.

Why is it some people just can never understand that some people were just never meant to have relationships in general? I've personally never had friends either for the most part, mostly acquaintances as I really withdrew socially during the torment I suffered in my formative years. I tried telling my older brother the real reason (he's actually good looking and has always been popular with women), and he told me it's a, and I quote, "retarded excuse" then proceeded to feed me the generic nonsense of "It's all about confidence. Just put yourself out there and you'll find her". This is what I believe the responses of the other people who are "wondering" will also be. It's like they simply can't conceive that some people just aren't designed by nature to be appealing to the opposite sex.

Sounds depressing to most I'm sure, but I'm actually not depressed about it. I've learned to accept it many years ago, and I actually live a decent and fulfilling life for the most part.
I'm 26 and haven't had a long-term girlfriend either. I try not to think about it too much. I make friends pretty easily and enjoy spending time with them and I just enjoy life. If someone comes around, that's ok. If not, then that's fine too. You have one life to live and you should make the best of it.

By the way, people wonder if married men are gay all the time.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
Let me tell you one thing about women. The only thing that has repulsed me about a man is when he was cheating on me or acting like an *******. I have never been repulsed by someone's looks, specially a man's look. I have even been close to dating men with disabilities once or twice, so nothing repulsive about any of that. Now a man who cheats on women and has a generally mysogynistic attitude towards women and treats them like objects and brags how many he has banged - is truly repulsive. When you get out to the real world, you will realize how different it is from what you have in your head.
There is probably one out of every 10,000 women that is like you based on my experiences and observations, unfortunately. I get that women aren't attracted to me or would never date me, I'm just not designed by nature to ever reproduce and I'm not at all bitter about it as I've come to terms with a long time ago. The worse thing about it is the vast majority of women (and even some men) won't even treat you like a human being with common respect and decency if you're as unfortunate looking as I am.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:08 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,717 times
Let them think and believe what they want to believe. They're not the one that's dating you, nor should you really care for that matter.

Sometimes I think I would have kept people guessing and guessing if I had listened to my second mind.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:49 PM

33 posts, read 35,265 times
people judge.

Though I do empathise. You probably need to hang out with different people, and identify what kind of person you want to date.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:13 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
I'm 28 year old, have a PhD, have a good job that pays me well and for the most part I'm happy with my and content with my life for the first time in my life. Recently, though, people such as my close and extended family and colleagues are starting to wonder if I'm gay or not because I've never been in a relationship. How is it they can't figure out the true reason I've never had a woman interested in me? My freakishly ugly face, of course. That is not an exaggeration, and in fact, I was ridiculed and bullied over my freakish looks throughout elementary and middle school.

Why is it some people just can never understand that some people were just never meant to have relationships in general? I've personally never had friends either for the most part, mostly acquaintances as I really withdrew socially during the torment I suffered in my formative years. I tried telling my older brother the real reason (he's actually good looking and has always been popular with women), and he told me it's a, and I quote, "retarded excuse" then proceeded to feed me the generic nonsense of "It's all about confidence. Just put yourself out there and you'll find her". This is what I believe the responses of the other people who are "wondering" will also be. It's like they simply can't conceive that some people just aren't designed by nature to be appealing to the opposite sex.

Sounds depressing to most I'm sure, but I'm actually not depressed about it. I've learned to accept it many years ago, and I actually live a decent and fulfilling life for the most part.
Set healthy boundary with people. Tell them your private life is none of their businesses.
You sound lovely. Good luck.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
sam cassell is somebody that everyone agrees is an ugly mutha****a

where are you in terms of looks?

you can get a girlfriend and/or get laid if you want

especially since you have education and are good financially
Sam Cassell is has extreme status and money to offset is unfortunate looks, I do not. A low 6 figure salary doesn't mean anything, as good looking men with 6 figure salaries are a dime a dozen.

Also, education and career mean nothing. Going back to my good looking brother, who would be considered unsuccessful in that regard, still has women (educated and otherwise) throwing themselves at him. All that matters to them is your looks, everything else is secondary.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:47 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,430 times
Bro, I am 22 almost 23 and never had a long term relationship. The last girlfriend I had was in high school! and the girls I dated back then only lasted a few weeks to a month or two. No longer than that. My family is constantly saying things like "when you're married and have kids...blah blah blah..." So I can definitely relate to the pressure. I do want a wife and kids sometime down the road but not right now. I need to finish college and will be in the next two to three years. Circumstances right now are just not good for me to have a relationship right now. You could be asexual (attracted to neither sex) for all your family/coworkers know! I know guys and girls that I would consider less than attractive that are in relationships. I have seen some fairly unattractive guys with pretty women. It all has to do with your confidence. You should work out a bit if you have the time. Get better clothes (that fit). Women can tell when a guy is not confident.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:36 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times
OP, I'm a year younger than you with the same relationship status. I don't give it much thought and frankly neither should you. As for the people talking about you at work, people will find just about anything to gossip about if if makes the workday go by faster. It should only concern you if it interferes with your ability to do your job. And I'm wondering if your over-stating your "ugliness" just to garner sympathy.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:56 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
People assume I'm straight because I've never had a boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships