Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 PM

174 posts, read 245,210 times

Advertisements

I met a 22 year old girl at the Grocery store about a week ago. She gave me her number. I am 38 years old but I look younger. The girl I met does not know my age (because she has not asked). I am single, no kids.

We went out for the first time last night. She had already had a few drinks when I got to the bar we were meeting at. She is an attractive girl and gets a decent amount of attention. We both kind of drank more than we should have. Later on in the evening after the booze was flowing we were kissing at the bar and having a good time.

But when we went to another bar later on she actually danced with another guy who was there...for about 2 minutes. She approached him. There was no dance floor but I guess the guy was kind of dancing by himself so she went up to him. I let it go. But I was ready to leave if that lasted for more than one song.

After that we took a cab to her place. She has a roomate. So we kind of passed out on her couch and I left around 4am. We only kissed, no sex.

I was never looking to marry this girl given the age difference. But I did want to like her and possibly even date her. Now that I have spent time with her I only want to sleep with her! However, I think I may have lost that chance already.

I have made no contact with her since last night. And she has made no contact with me. A buddy of mine says don't call/text her. Let her come to me so to speak. I am normally upfront/direct when I an intrested in someone.

But in this case...maybe my buddy is right.???? Any thougths or input is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 07:30 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
That just kills me, everytime! "My buddy said to not call /text her, let her make the next move." Whoever thought of that rule is stupid! Yes, I am old fashioned and I will never understand this concept.
If you are interested, then call..otherwise move on. It sounds to me like your just out looking for a good time. Well...you can always find that scene back at the bar..preferably a little more your age!!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
That just kills me, everytime! "My buddy said to not call /text her, let her make the next move." Whoever thought of that rule is stupid! Yes, I am old fashioned and I will never understand this concept.
If you are interested, then call..otherwise move on. It sounds to me like your just out looking for a good time. Well...you can always find that scene back at the bar..preferably a little more your age!!

i agree, don't play into that bs dude.

I'm a guy, and I don't listen to that "don't call her bs" Women like contact and want to hear from you. Your friend gave you bad advice

That being said, the girl you went out with sounds like trash. You're 38 and still dealing with this? Grow up.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:43 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
The fact she went off and danced with someone else is a bit of a red flag. Not because over jealousy issues, rather because it's rude and an incite to how she might be. If all you're trying to do, is do her, well different story. But a lot of messy relationships start out that way.........

Old 10-25-2013, 07:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Who let Charlie Sheen out?

Old 10-25-2013, 07:50 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking_Good View Post

I was never looking to marry this girl given the age difference. But I did want to like her and possibly even date her. Now that I have spent time with her I only want to sleep with her! However, I think I may have lost that chance already.

I have made no contact with her since last night. And she has made no contact with me. A buddy of mine says don't call/text her. Let her come to me so to speak. I am normally upfront/direct when I an intrested in someone.

But in this case...maybe my buddy is right.???? Any thougths or input is appreciated.
You're not interested in her, you're just looking to get laid.

And I'll repeat what another poster said: you're 38 and still doing this? Grow up.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Who let Charlie Sheen out?
Dang, I gotta spread more rep around!

Old 10-26-2013, 11:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking_Good View Post
I met a 22 year old girl at the Grocery store about a week ago. She gave me her number. I am 38 years old but I look younger. The girl I met does not know my age (because she has not asked). I am single, no kids.

We went out for the first time last night. She had already had a few drinks when I got to the bar we were meeting at. She is an attractive girl and gets a decent amount of attention. We both kind of drank more than we should have. Later on in the evening after the booze was flowing we were kissing at the bar and having a good time.

But when we went to another bar later on she actually danced with another guy who was there...for about 2 minutes. She approached him. There was no dance floor but I guess the guy was kind of dancing by himself so she went up to him. I let it go. But I was ready to leave if that lasted for more than one song.

After that we took a cab to her place. She has a roomate. So we kind of passed out on her couch and I left around 4am. We only kissed, no sex.

I would listen to your Buddy.

You and her were on a date right. She had an intermission with some other dude while on a date with you. Maybe you should have picked her up formally.

Let her come to you asking why you haven't called. Then you can explain why.

If you call or text you will be in friends zone. Right now if you let her make the move you may be able to lean it toward a relationship. However, if you just want a piece then calling her to do another night of what you did and failed to get sone tail when it was right there till 4 am you might have a second chance.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:38 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You're not interested in her, you're just looking to get laid.

And I'll repeat what another poster said: you're 38 and still doing this? Grow up.
I'll post this again for emphasis.

Or ... here's a novel idea. Just tell her what you told us. Let her know that you aren't looking for a relationship and ask if she's down for hooking up only.

If yes, wow. If no, then you don't waste your time or hers.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:40 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'll post this again for emphasis.

Or ... here's a novel idea. Just tell her what you told us. Let her know that you aren't looking for a relationship and ask if she's down for hooking up only.

If yes, wow. If no, then you don't waste your time or hers.
Good post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships